Symbols & Spoilers(?) [Web Shenanigans]

Could be Eothas is a companion.  What class would the god of renewal, light, redemption, spring, rebirth, dawn and birth be?   I must say the only class to fit him would be a Priest.  It's the best fit.  Perhaps a multiclass?  Priest/Druid (spring/dawn), Priest/Paladin (he isn't happy and that could make him much more martial), Priest/Fighter (same reason as Paladin), Priest/Barbarian (same as Fighter and Paladin but it's down right rage), Priest/Chanter (I don't know...), and I don't think anything else fits. 

EDIT:   Priest/Monk could also work if they play up that the Godhammer damaged him, and now he embraces that pain while also embracing the betrayal from the Kith of Eora and feeding on that pain. 

Edited by Ganrich
  • Like 2

Or maybe they just forgot an "l" or Hel means actually "hell". Would make sense: ethoas "quenched the flames of hell" ( actually hell or a reference to godshammer) and came back to Life to finish the job, pissed like only a God can. Actually we don't know the reason of his First personal crusade, maybe the sequel will light this mistery ad well.

About Hel from SA forums (they are opened now), quote from Josh Sawyer:

People use the term Hel in two ways: 1) another way to refer to the Beyond, the place where souls go between incarnations or 2) the depths of the world, where people assume adra pillars originate. In most Eoran minds, these are the same place, the former being metaphysical/spiritual, the latter being the physical.

• Like 4

About Hel from SA forums (they are opened now), quote from Josh Sawyer:

People use the term Hel in two ways: 1) another way to refer to the Beyond, the place where souls go between incarnations or 2) the depths of the world, where people assume adra pillars originate. In most Eoran minds, these are the same place, the former being metaphysical/spiritual, the latter being the physical.

Interesting, since recently when he was asked where the pillars go, he said "that's a very good question, I'm not going to answer that". Maybe we'll go there? Although Hel being the Beyond sounds more likely.

Interesting, since recently when he was asked where the pillars go, he said "that's a very good question, I'm not going to answer that". Maybe we'll go there? Although Hel being the Beyond sounds more likely.

He also continued a little further on his Q&A tumblr page:

"Hel does not have an inherently negative connotation in Eora, i.e. it is not imagined/described as a realm of fire and brimstone where souls or tormented."

It is more likely that Eoathas has return, and feels like got hammer in the head, so is a bit moody.

Eder poster claimed that Eder god has return, and is not forgiving one.

Not to mention that Eoathas is master reborn, and his power wasnt fully wiped out in PoE1, and Eora is generally driven by soul recycling.

Not to mention that new incarnation of old god brings some good crpg memories. ;-

I don't think it's a coincidence that Eothas is the god of rebirth. Also, consider that Abydon was destroyed and then rebuilt himself (so we know it's something they can do).

Also, Eder mentions that Eothas was the god most understanding of humans and sympathetic to them. If you read, The Great White Stag (in-game book), I don't think it's too much of a stretch to speculate that Eothas doesn't approve of what Thaos has set up and is actively working to undo the whole system. My 2 cents

• Like 2

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

So, someone didn't get the memo on the counter and spilled the beans early: https://gameup24.wordpress.com/2017/01/26/obsidian-announces-pillars-of-eternity-2/

Looks like our guess for Deadfire was right all along.

Also, Boeroer companion confirmed.

• Like 5

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus