Symbols & Spoilers(?) [Web Shenanigans]

seems to me Obsidian is building something similar to what Black Sails ​is doing (and i'm basing this solely on the teaser-- 'if you don't like our methods... ;)-- a powerful chartered guild or company (like the Valian Trading Company) is going into Deadfire and attempting to set  trade routes/monopolize some resource. you're choice will be do you support the chaotic Deadfire natives, or do you side with the authoritarian yet cruel corporate interest. Then of course, there will be whatever god-level quest you're set on running concurrently. All sounds very interesting.

It's been pretty common in television recently- Westworld, Black Sails, Frontier, are all shows about the freedom of the frontier, with it's dangers and pleasures and interesting personalities, vs the order and structure of civilization.

one thing too- there is the line about the luminous- I was playing through Cliaban Rilag last night, and there is a room with a bunch of eggs in the bottom corner of the map. If you hit the magnified glass, it uses the world 'luminous'. perhaps that is the luminous referred to.  

Pirates of the Deadfirean!

• Like 3

sign.jpg

This One is aedyr Empire, wich is at the moment at the brech of falling

Distressed crown and sphere? Anyone else getting a Pearl Coast vibe?

Pearl_coast_coa.png

This looks right. 

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/The_Pearl_Coast

"Would that we had a home to return to, we would go. Wars and time have reduced us to this sorry state, but some of us still dream of a future that befits our past."

I'm thinking that's a dwarf companion.

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 1

I think the counter wasn't set right, it's counting down to 10 AM in my timezone (CET, that's 9 hours ahead of PST right now) rather than to 10 AM in the PST timezone.

Agreed. It appears to be using local system time. I cannot see it unless I screw about with my time zone.

As of right now, we're 30+ hours out from 10 AM PST.

No it's just been added. Less than a day. Yeah.

Parts have been there, lurking in the page code. "Today" is they day things went active.  :)

Edit: FYI nothing happens if you monkey with your system time and watch the timer run to zero.  :(

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 3

Less than 20 hours for me. Hope it is correct and also hope it won't be another kickstarter 'cause my finances suck lately :(

I just decided to buckle down and start paying my car off as quickly as possible.  I can afford it, but I really shouldn't.  I will though.  I'm weak willed. 

It is more likely that Eoathas has return, and feels like got hammer in the head, so is a bit moody.

Eder poster claimed that Eder god has return, and is not forgiving one.

Not to mention that Eoathas is master reborn, and his power wasnt fully wiped out in PoE1, and Eora is generally driven by soul recycling.

Not to mention that new incarnation of old god brings some good crpg memories. ;-

"The fires of Hel"?

But Helheim is a very cold place, and Hel has never been a particularly warm woman either.

Maybe it means something different in PoE lore.

Not the first time we've seen the word "Hel": https://books.google.co.il/books?id=0F1qCAAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q=hel&f=false

The Broken Stone War?

Let's see... was that the one where the Glanfathans committed atrocities on the Dyrwoodans or the one where the Dyrwoodans committed atrocities on the Glanfathans?

Well, either way, seems like the quote might not belong to Eothas after all.

It is more likely that Eoathas has return, and feels like got hammer in the head, so is a bit moody.

Eder poster claimed that Eder god has return, and is not forgiving one.

Not to mention that Eoathas is master reborn, and his power wasnt fully wiped out in PoE1, and Eora is generally driven by soul recycling.

Not to mention that new incarnation of old god brings some good crpg memories. ;-

Seems legit. Also, it makes me wonder about how some souls are damaged when returning from the Wheel. You know, like the poor sods in the Asylum. They are broken. What if some (or all) of the souls that comprise Eothas didn't make the transition in as good of shape as they were in prior to the Godhammer. Perhaps the Godhammer itself caused the damage, and that's why he is vengeful. I find it an interesting idea. I could be over analyzing it, and he could just be pissed. Either way, I'm excited.

• Like 1

The Broken Stone War?

Let's see... was that the one where the Glanfathans committed atrocities on the Dyrwoodans or the one where the Dyrwoodans committed atrocities on the Glanfathans?

Well, either way, seems like the quote might not belong to Eothas after all.

The story in the guidebook isn't about the Broken Stone War.

Edited by Infinitron

I think the story seems obvious at this point. It will be a Fallout New Vegas style set up. Having to choose between a local Deadfire Archipelago faction, and two invading factions in The Valian Republics, and Rautai. All the while Eothas is quietly returning and none to happy. Sounds Awesome! I was hoping Aedyr Empire was going to be one of the factions though.....