Symbols & Spoilers(?) [Web Shenanigans]

Hmm, twitter also says 26. Is that part of the announcement date?

26 is the official announcement date.

On twitter, the 19th day josh published a song named "Seven days". the 20th, another song titled "Six days"

Wednesday 25 th is the last companion statement, and 26th is the D day :yes:

That's cool, I hope they'll show us a good gameplay trailer.

New Vailian companion Scalia Astera confirmed. I like her more than yesterday's Kanonn Feesh.

Where do these names come from?

Kanonn and Feesh sound like Cannon and Fish, which were depicted yesterday.

Astera no doubt has something to do with today's stars.

And Scalia... well, he was a Judge on the US Supreme Court and Scales are usually used to symbolize the Law or Justice. Also, it probably sounds more appropriately Vailian than Ruth Astera.

Edited by WotanAnubis
  • Like 1

Some interesting thing about backgorund colors, they are the equivalents of coat of arms backgrounds. Eder's green is Dyrwood, Aloth's blue is Aedyr, Pallegina's and yesterday's purple symbol are Vailian Republics. I think that the last two (navy blue and violet) might be colors of Pearl Coast/ eventually Aedyr and Readceras. Pearl Coast is linked with Deadfire Archipelago as its settlements were destroyed by pirates a long time ago.

Here are the coats of arms for Eastern Reach lands. Have a look.

Dyrwood

Vailian Republics

Pearl Coast

Readceras

I don't know what nation could white color represent. Maybe White that Wands? It is close to Deadfire (Naasitaq) if I remember correctly conversation with Sagani. Or White March's yellow background with white mountains. And Aedyr Empire has mixed yellow and blue colors with white scepter on it.

Edited by White Phoenix
  • Like 4

I don't know what nation could white color represent. Maybe White that Wands? It is close to Deadfire (Naasitaq) if I remember correctly conversation with Sagani. Or White March's yellow background with white mountains. And Aedyr Empire has mixed yellow and blue colors with white scepter on it.

Whatever the next reveal happens to be (white background), it should also be the one that includes the "waves" image.

52de6d30827e295e90c3af57a69b99870812a46f

I'm not sure 100% sure how the waves will display on a standard browser (if at all).  

You may need to check out the Project LA page with an iPhone or make the browser window really small to see it.

• Like 4

So these pics, there are 8 of them, does that mean we can expect 8 companions?

Also, those symbols are weird - if that instagram transcription picture is not outdated then some of them are Vailian, some Aedyrian and some are not in any of these two alphabets. I'm not sure they even spell Deadfire, because the word has 2 D letters but all these symbols are unique. However if there are indeed two or more alphabets involved then perhaps it's true.

Edited by Aramintai

The other two alphabets are Engwithan and Huana, also from Josh's Instagram (I linked to them in this thread on page 1.)

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

The other two alphabets are Engwithan and Huana, also from Josh's Instagram (I linked to them in this thread on page 1.)

Ah, ok. I can see it now, almost. That Huana alphabet doesn't have a letter D, it has similar looking symbol T. 

Anyway, yea, 3 more days to go :)

Ah, ok. I can see it now, almost. That Huana alphabet doesn't have a letter D, it has similar looking symbol T. 

Anyway, yea, 3 more days to go :)

Yeah, it is entirely possible that the community got 'Deadfire' wrong (seems unlikely).  We'll only know for sure in a few more days.  :)

However... it is one heck of a stinkin' coincidence than when you jumble up all the phonemes those eight characters represent, Deadfire is among the possibilities.  

Today's tweet says "10."

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

And 10. What does that mean? Release in October?

That's what I thought.

Hard to believe they'd commit to a release date at this stage. Maybe an hour of the day?

So far, all the updates and twitter posts are at 10 AM PST.

10:00 AM PST, Jan 26:  A thing will happen!

Ah, ok. Too good to be true it comes out this year anyway.