Symbols & Spoilers(?) [Web Shenanigans]

Kana

I thought about Kana too at first, but both the crossed cannons + fish logo and the quote below it don't really fit his character.

His family ties to royal artillery explain the cannons (his sister leads the Ratuwhana...which definitely sounds like it comes from the same mother tongue as "hazanui"). Fish logo is a nod to his home country. The quote absolutely fits :)

Edited by Achilles
  • Like 3

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

It's very tenuous for Kana.  I think of him and the images that come to mind are turban/fangs/fragments of stone tablet.  Cannons and fish?  That's like representing Durance with a tree and a gun, because he comes from Ashfall and Magran likes guns.  Either it's a new character or they ran out of ideas and just threw it up

This didn't scream Kana, unlike the prev. pics screaming Eder, Aloth & Palla.

His family ties to royal artillery explain the cannons (his sister leads the Ratuwhana...which definitely sounds like it comes from the same mother tongue as "hazanui").

Kana has a sister? Maybe its her. Kana seemed like a guy that has a hot sister. She'll be in charge of our ship's artillery. Yes.

• Like 1

Kana has a sister? Maybe its her. Kana seemed like a guy that has a hot sister. She'll be in charge of our ship's artillery. Yes.

Kana has five siblings if I remember things correctly, including multiple sisters. His mother and his sisters are part of the army, and his father is a renowned architect responsible for the construction of the fortifications of their capital's port.

• Like 6

I forget where it was said, but someone suggested yesterday's was teasing a faction rather than a person.  This one looks a lot like that too.

Three characters, and then moving over to factions?

Possible, but I personally doubt it.

More likely they started with three people we already knew so everybody had the chance to figure out what was going on and get used to it and they're now introducing new characters to get the speculation going.

Hmm, twitter also says 26. Is that part of the announcement date?

The countdown supposedly lasts for 8 days, which would place its end on next Thursday, 26th January.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hmm, twitter also says 26. Is that part of the announcement date?

26 is the official announcement date.

On twitter, the 19th day josh published a song named "Seven days". the 20th, another song titled "Six days"

Wednesday 25 th is the last companion statement, and 26th is the D day :yes:

• Like 3