Symbols & Spoilers(?) [Web Shenanigans]

The teaser image depicts a smoking pipe and a stalk of wheat. Edér has a stalk of wheat hanging from his mouth, and he's fond of smoking with a pipe, so I guess that implies he would be a returning (or even THE central) character of the sequel.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

The teaser image depicts a smoking pipe and a stalk of wheat. Edér has a stalk of wheat hanging from his mouth, and he's fond of smoking with a pipe, so I guess that implies he would be a returning (or even THE central) character of the sequel.

Eder, Aloth and Pallegina are returning.

• Like 3

IIRC Josh posted sketches of all three characters on Twitter/Instagram. New sketches never before seen, specifically, which would suggest new art being done for a new game.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It must be set in the Deadfire archipelago then. Woot! :)

And I have this CRPG dream of mine; except for some Dragonlance CRPG from the 90s (nr 3?), I've never went beneath the waves in any SP CRPG campaign to speak of, only on NWN1 servers.

So, if PoE2 happens to include some aquatic exploration (go, sahuagins, sorta) and water breathing abilities, it would be frigging awesome. And it should be teeming with adventure. I don't want Skyrim's almost empty lake and sea beds, heh.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Eder, Aloth and Pallegina are returning.

I was so happy when I saw that teaser screen. Eder doesn't get much love from PoE fans but he is by far my most favored companion and I always have him in my parties. Also like Aloth (and Sagani) quite a bit but not a big fan of Pallegina (and Durance). So all in all a good deal for me. :)

I suppose which companions return depends on whether their writers are still with Obs.

• Like 1

That reminds me Vampire Bloodlines, where we could choose to just sunk sarcophagus in the sea or keep it the endless storehouse Camaralia way. That was good game.

If OE ever wonder what game do... Vampire Masquarade with Bloodlines gameplay GTA with stealth and Vampires. Strong pick.

Hm, a pirate? From Rauatai or Deadfire. Maybe aumaua? Not Maneha I think.

Pirate? Pirate hunter in any case, he's talking about "bringing order" and does not enjoy savagery. I would say an aumaua, maybe outsider (not from Deadfire)? Since he talks about "bringing".

• Like 1