Pillars of Eternity 2 Countdown Site

Mine shows 19 hours to go. I'm in eastern european time zone (Athens etc). Can't tell how this works but I know tomorrow morning I get to see the reveal :p

OR, we might just get a disappointing nothing until the "real" countdown ends. Either way, we can do nothing but kick back, grab a beer or twelve and see what happens :D

Yeah, I suppose so. We'll know eventually when it happens sometime tomorrow. Also, this countdown reminds me of Pillars 1 countdown and it smells like kickstarter campaign.

• Like 3

Mine shows 19 hours to go. I'm in eastern european time zone (Athens etc). Can't tell how this works but I know tomorrow morning I get to see the reveal :p

OR, we might just get a disappointing nothing until the "real" countdown ends. Either way, we can do nothing but kick back, grab a beer or twelve and see what happens :D

Yeah, I suppose so. We'll know eventually when it happens sometime tomorrow. Also, this countdown reminds me of Pillars 1 countdown and it smells like kickstarter campaign.

Honestly, I always expected a Kickstarter/Fig campaign because they want to retain rights to the IP.  Even though they own them now, I would expect any publisher deals would require they sign the rights to the IP away.  Also, I hope for a crowdfunding campaign.  I get bored at work at my 3rd shift job.  All sites on the web are dead when I get time to sit down.  So, this will give me something to do for a month or so. 

I just hope they have their Stretch Goals in order on this go around. LOL.   Also, I hope they avoid the Mega-Dungeon idea as a Stretch Goal.  I would rather C&C be the focus.  More factions, factions are more important, stronghold plays a larger part in the core game, etc.  Where, if they do a huge multi-level dungeon like Od Nua/Durlag's Tower/etc, then I hope it is built more naturally and full of puzzles.  When I say naturally I mean that some levels of Od Nua were there to meet those goals but completely superfluous.   It would've benefited from some consolidation. 

Also, I hope they don't do backer NPCs like the last time.  I can think of a few better ways to incorporate high level backers into the game.  They could give a rough idea for Unique Weapons, Armor, Gear, etc.  The first game has few too sparse options for certain weapon types, and this could alleviate that.  The plaque/gravestone idea is fine because you can avoid them, and they don't clutter the world too much.  Certain high level backers could create the one off vendors with no quest interaction.  Mentioning backers in the Credits is fine as well.  Some spell ideas from backers would also be cool.   I had another idea, but I forgot it.  Ugh, my brain needs a jump start.  Coffee is coming soon.  lol

Multiclassing is something I am hopeful for, as well.  Also, I hope some classes get some tweaks beyond what we have seen in patches for the first game.  For instance, Chanters are great, but they shine more on PotD and are marginally useful on lower difficulties.  They peak late because of Brisk Recitation, and I would hope for their chant speed to be tied into Dexterity to allow more build customization.  Because right now, a heavily armored, tank chanter is the best way to build it.  The class benefits less from the Attribute system than others. 

Other than that, without MCA at Obsidian anymore, I hope they bring George Ziets in for heavy collaboration again. 

Sorry, don't mean to derail this thread, but I just felt like tossing that all out there. 

• Like 2

I picked the perfect time to come back poking around forums after a long while. I haven't been following PoE news and now I find out that an announcement for 2 is due in under 24 hours! Super excited for this. 

P.S. anyone care to fill me in on the essential small clues that are known so far? 

• Like 1

Dude, I can see my own soul.....

I picked the perfect time to come back poking around forums after a long while. I haven't been following PoE news and now I find out that an announcement for 2 is due in under 24 hours! Super excited for this. 

P.S. anyone care to fill me in on the essential small clues that are known so far? 

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/91074-symbols-spoilers-web-shenanigans/ :D

• Like 2

The best clues are these daily teasers they drop upon us with a symbol and a quote underneath. Every day is different; the place you can find them altogether is in Obsidians latest tweets. They aren't so many so it'll be easy to check 'em out.

The countdown timer definitely uses local browser time.  It seems unaware that most people aren't in PST.

The accuracy of the timer highly depends on how close you live to California.  ;)

• Like 1

Either way, we can do nothing but kick back, grab a beer or twelve and see what happens :D

Actually, you should be getting some sleep after 40 hours awake, my friend, and wake up just in time for the big reveal. Lucky you! ;) 

I'm also thrilled for this, I was sure since the first day that they were going to announce the Kickstarter campaign for PoE2, now I'm not so sure anymore. It does seem a bit early for a release date anyway, so I don't know what else could be announced.

I wasn't here the first time around, and I didn't partecipate in the first KS campaign. I hope they'll bring Multiclassing and a lot of focus on companions and side quests, on par with Zahua's one and Lord of a Barren Land, for example.

I've been especially stingy with my christmas presents... I WAS SAVING FOR PoE2!! :p

Edér, I am using WhatsApp!

Ugh.  My primary GPU failed, and had to gut my Steam Machine (custom built) for its 960.   Plus side is when I got my main rig back up and running it was after 10am, and i have the count down clock now.  So, this is definitively based on your browser's local time. 

Yeah, naughty Polygon did a leak.  Still, awesome that they are doing the Deadfire, was one of the two places I really hoped they would do!

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Well, crap. I guess the next few hours will be a spoiler-fest with no thread safe. 

I'll have to avoid the forums until this evening.

Speculations are fun, spoilers are not.

Edited by Suen

I've come to burn your kingdom down

Someone is back, and last time we met he got hammer to the head.

A godhammer to the head, which is something more akin to a contained nuclear blast than a blow from a hammer. Just ask the dozen. Not the baker's dozens, with their half-baked ideas on animancy, but the original twelve who felt it's power first hand.