Opened 145 chests last night...

...and not a sight of a single alternate Character. Got a few Legendary cards - and a few were very nice. Some others were kind of bland, though - like some blessings and the Flask of Magic, which is too similar to the non-Legendary Flask of Frost (if I'm not mistaken)...

But seriously, guys, you have to come up with better incentives for us to spend our money in your game. Around 80% of the chests I opened gave me no joy whatsoever - just 4 cards or dice I already had plenty of (or those bland Legendaries). I spent an hour or so salvaging cards, but the 3000 gold I got was a bad deal considering how much I spent for those chests (and part of them were bought with real $$$).

A few suggestions: create a new 'special' chest with only one Legendary card (it could cost 2000 gold, maybe more). Give us a hard (maybe invisible) cap where after a player receives a card for the 15th or 20th time, it stops appearing. Create a way to transform unwanted cards into wanted ones (other than salvaging - 30 gold for a Legendary card? Come on!). There is plenty of games out there with better ideas than the ones you adopted here...

After the 145 chests, I ended up with around 17 Slings of Frost and 14 Orbs of Ice. I want to spend money in your game, but under this model, it makes no sense at all!

Cheers,

Mauricio

• Like 3

First of all from the alternate perspective that sounds like a really unlucky draw. If I didn't mess up that was the Equivalent of 72,500 gold compared to the 6k or 7k cost of direct buy. I agree that one shouldn't get an alt as easy from chests as from direct buy but that is a huge difference.

I wonder how other people experience the chances with treasure chests.

Me myself has only opened 25 chests since the update, so there are no reliable answers.

But that Said: With so much Gold available why not buy the Alts directly?

Who of us all would rather try their luck, than go the safe route?

I know I did so today with no luck. Got my first double legendary.

The chests aren't supposed to be a main source of alts. To expect otherwise is silly. It's a golden ticket that someone might get _really_ lucky with. But your best bet for getting the specific alt you're looking for is to buy it directly.

Agreed.  You also have to figure statistics-wise, it probably isn't going to be easier to find a character alt than a legendary dice set.

Legendary dice are in the neighborhood of 1-in-200 chests redeemed.  There is no reason to expect that alts should drop any more frequently.

• Like 2

Opened 35 chests and no alt,Just the abitual mix of same cards and some dice....Really bad luck? :)

Probably ok.  If you go like 300 chests between alts or legendary dice you're probably falling off the top end of the bell curve.

Again, just speculation.  Legendary dice are super rare.  Alts are probably at least a tiny bit rarer.

I had the chests already and waited for what seemed to be a good chance to open them. I didn't buy the chests to get the alts - specially since it seems there is no good reason to buy chests at all in this game...

Cheers!

Mauricio

PS: After all, if I bought all the alts *before* opening the 145 chests and *then* received an alt in one of them I would hate myself for that...

Edited by MauGibrin

Did you see any of these?

Shovel

Bounty of Norgorber

Doctrine of Gozreh

Doctrine of Sivanah

Unity of Cayden Cailean

Unity of Iomedae

Unity of Lamashtu

Unity of Sarenrae

Unity of Milani

Dragon smiter

Elemental body

Sleepless Detective

I got Unity of Milani, that's for sure (got Unity of Shelyn as well). Maybe Bounty of Norgober and a Legendary with Sivanah, if I'm not mistaken, so Docrine of Sivanah is a possibility.

I'll check it out, but the others I guess I didn't get...

Cheers!

Mauricio

Edited by MauGibrin

Who of us all would rather try their luck, than go the safe route?

I just enjoyed playing the game.  I spent $2 on daily gold (for the Nth time now :biggrin: ) and leveled up some new characters in Story mode while Quest mode was broken.  I earned enough playing Legendary through the first few adventures to buy two alts and a few dozen chests.

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki

Shovel

Bounty of Norgorber

Doctrine of Gozreh

Doctrine of Sivanah

Unity of Cayden Cailean

Unity of Iomedae

Unity of Lamashtu

Unity of Sarenrae

Unity of Milani

Dragon smiter

Elemental body

Sleepless Detective

Shovel and both Doctrines mentioned (why them though? those Doctrines are rares, not legendaries)

Shovel

Bounty of Norgorber

Doctrine of Gozreh

Doctrine of Sivanah

Unity of Cayden Cailean

Unity of Iomedae

Unity of Lamashtu

Unity of Sarenrae

Unity of Milani

Dragon smiter

Elemental body

Sleepless Detective

I got Bounty, both Doctrines, all Unities except Sarenrae and Dragon Smiter... some or all Unities might be from one of the bundles tho.