What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Enemy Within and all the smaller DLC's made the game easier not harder.

That could also be you getting better at the game. Enemy Within gives you more options to be successful, but you can still get thrashed without good tactics.

Maybe. I did go and capture everything i could as soon as i could. :S

• Like 1

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Playing a bit of Pillars of Eternity. Went into a lighthouse Defiance Bay. Bad idea :lol:

Need better preparation for that.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hey guess what, hopping games again! (though I guess most of them aren't exactly story based, so I got that going for me)

Played some Civilization: Beyond Earth with Rising Tide. Kinda like the floating cities, maybe I should man up and stop playing on easy though...

Almost got routed for the first time with my Sisters Warband in Mordheim, for some reason the AI suddenly knew how to use its impressive, combined with a streak of bad luck on my end and a streak of good luck on the AI's end that almost ended rather badly. I got off easy with only two lasting injuries (none of which are too crippling at first sight) and a few light wounds. And this was "only" a Hard mission, ouch...

Now Act II mission 3 has opened up, this is going to be interesting, assuming I don't get anyone killed before my "main" squad members get out of the hospital, that is...

Also been playing some Soma lately. For some reason I've found the monsters often to be more annoying than frightening, at least so far (just started exploring Theta).

I'm especially thinking of that encounter in the derelict ship, ugghh...hope there's no more of that ilk coming up.

Edited by marelooke

Shadowrun Returns.

An hour in and I am already loving the crap out of this game. It has a simple combat that works, great writing that keeps you hooked and it looks absolutely gorgeous. Having played PoE and Wasteland 2, I can safely say that this is the most honest thing to come out of a Kickstarter for me. It also has a sort of a Fallout/Arcanum/Planescape vibe to it. Give it a try if you like those games.

• Like 7

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Ow yes they keep getting better but returns is a tricky one.

It's a great game IF u play it first before the others, otherwise dragonfall and Hong Kong just kept improving without going backwards (debateable I know for Hong Kong with the matrix but I liked it) and if u play returns after those it doesn't seem all that great because HK and DF are the same game as SR but just with a lot of improvements.

Edited by redneckdevil

I think the Shadowrun Returns I am playing has some improvements over the game that was available at launch(I can save manually whenever I want for instance). But yeah, I heard about the amazing success of Shadowrun Dragonfall and bought it during a sale a while ago together with Shadowrun Returns. 

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Finally got around to playing Final Fantasy XV (or whatever this latest one is).  Early on, but I prefer the "open world" approach from the one on the PS2 (was it XI or XII?).  At the very least, I prefer the characters in that one.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Having a little poke at Wasteland 2 Directors Cut.

Haven't actually played through the Director's Cut before, so apart from the camera change and visual aspect, haven't really seen what's fresh and different about it yet.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

tried For Honor, and what can I say... it's unplayable on mouse+keyboard. to be honest, even Mount & Blade has better combat.

the biggest issue is, of course, the stupid stance system. most of the time the game doesn't detect my mouse movements, so my character doesn't change stances accordingly. this means that I cannot block or parry 66% of all incoming attacks I actually see coming, and cannot damage the enemy 33% of the time I actually manage to find a weakness in his defenses. 

played the game for two hours, mostly duels with AI. only won 1 round (each match consisted of 3 rounds), so, all matches lost - most matches would end in under 1 minute. AI hits so hard, that one combo is enough to finish my character off. 

there's also the problem of the AI being too good. between the moment they telegraph their attack and the attack connecting only a fraction of a second passes. I am not supehumanly quick, so reacting to them is for me impossible. also, the AI recovers from successful parries A LOT faster than my character is able to attack on a follow-up. 

I find myself in situations where I can't attack, defend, damage or kill any opponents. to say that it's frustrating is to say nothing.

definitely not spending any money on it. maybe next year, after a dozen of balance patches they'll have a free weekend and I'll give it another shot.

here's one of the fights:

https://youtu.be/aAVGKSr0fvU

it may appear that I am not doing anything with my controls. in actuality I am doing a lot, the game just doesn't respond most of the time.

am I the only one with these issues?

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Both game's HDR implementation is great, despite FF having blurry graphics

Amusingly enough, HDR is enabled by default in Resident Evil 7 (it also defaulted to 24 hz refresh rate for whatever reason). You can change both in the options menu of course, but if you don't know what HDR means, you're going to get a very, very dark game.

Severance: Blade of Darkness. Fancied a little masterfully executed combat, set to a beautiful soundtrack, with a sprinkling of Zoroastrian weirdness. Have limited myself to makeshift weapons however, stools, enemies limbs, bones and what have you to ramp up the challenge until I gain the sword of Ianna. You know looking through the game files i'm pretty sure there might be a near salvageable stealth section in the tutorial, very interesting.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Trying Silent Hunter 5 with the Wolves of Steel mod, but I am so, so bad. Restarted 3 times already, but I just can't work it out. Can't hit anything, getting spotted easily or run out of fuel because I am under water for too long while trying to get closer to any ship. I really haven't figured it out yet.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Making some progress since the Christmas season, but that's because work's been a little slow.  Made my way through Batman: Return to Arkham (PS4), through sequence 12 of Assassin's Creed 2 of the Ezio Collection, through a couple chapters of Batman: The Telltale series which has been really good, and finished up the main campaign of the Witcher 3 on pc, after 70 hours lol.  Have been through the Hearts of Stone DLC on the PS4, but not the Blood and Wine, so eager to get throgh HOS on the pc and then move on to new territory, however it has been some time since my playthrough on the PS4 and am more thoroughly exploring on the pc. 

Man, this game (Witcher 3) is great in my opinion.  The atmosphere, quests, gameplay, and story are pretty above any game I've played in a few years.  Always easy to jump back in and just explore the scenery.  Turn off the HUD and enjoy the unwind lol

Trying Silent Hunter 5 with the Wolves of Steel mod, but I am so, so bad. Restarted 3 times already, but I just can't work it out. Can't hit anything, getting spotted easily or run out of fuel because I am under water for too long while trying to get closer to any ship. I really haven't figured it out yet.

Dodging Hedgehogs in a Type IX-C in 1945 in the GWX super-mod for Silent Hunter III was my nightmare. 

Anyhoo in my experience it's usually best to plot a surface course to a point far ahead of the convoy's current path then dive to below the thermocline and come to full stop (the drawing tools on the navigation station are your friends for this). Then as you pick up the merchant ships on your hydrophones come to periscope depth and at max go to 3 kts to manuever. Also you don't have to go out of your way to sink 3 ships in a convoy for a good haul; just one 10000t tanker could put you well on your way to beating Kretschmer's tonnage kills. 

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I've finally managed to sink a few ships. Tiny ones, but still. I've activated every helper tool that I could. This way I was able to better identify the target, movement, timer of the torpedo, etc. which allowed me to better predict its path. Still required me to reload a few times... at least I feel like I've learned a bit about the controls.

It was just weird how every torpedo seems to miss the target, no matter the depth I've set, unless I activated the magnet targeting function... If I can't hit crap without it, then why make it a toggle button in the first place.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."