What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

When it comes to Darkest Dungeon, another rather essential skill to master is to learn to buff. The problem is that those buffs seem insignificant, but in the long run, will save your neck.

Anyway, I still love theme of the game. It got constant criticism for being too hard, too frustrating and too long when that's precisely its main design principle - the whole game revolves around themes of despair, death and temptation. There's nothing more thematic than player going "**** it" and giving up.

Which makes it more marvelous that in spite of these core principles, the game also manages to be constantly alluring and gratifying. When you manage to push on, do everything right and get a bit lucky, you'll reap significant rewards - just to plunge into despair of the dungeon once more.

What I adore even more is that Red Hook Studios are perfectly content to admit that yes, this is a game, and as such, players can get to customize their experience and make the game easier.

• Like 2

Well guys I'm not playing anything currently but I have been watching gameplay of Ember and it's very tempting I also haven't played the White March. I started replaying the Witcher 3 but got bored after White Orchard. You know iv never played New Vegas either so there's that.

Why does a chair have arms and legs like a man, but can't walk or hold things?

I'm kind of bouncing between attempts to play Wasteland 2 Directors Cut, Pillars of Eternity (with the White Marches), and Just Cause 2.

I find I'm pretty much doing them in half hour doses rather than any serious game time.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Finished the Emily version of the Dishonored 2 play through.  Pretty good game, though like I said, very, very little actual side content.  It seemed to be almost entirely about the main quest line.

Some of the powers were cool, but I found myself using basically two most of the game (the one that allows you to reach and jump distances, and the mesmerize one).  I also only used sleep darts, as I was trying to do the non-lethal approach, so I didn't get any of the benefits from the various weapon and gadget upgrades.

Next up is playing as Corvo.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished the Emily version of the Dishonored 2 play through.  Pretty good game, though like I said, very, very little actual side content.

There was one of the most amazing side things in all the games tho.

I mean the Stilton manor mission resolution.

That was exceptionally cool. Shame there wasn't really more of that.

Darkest Dungeon is addictive. My favorite thing is using the wrong item on a certain curio. So, I end up giving my poor hero 100 stress, which means he comes to his breaking point in a veteran map. He doesn't falter. In fact, he ends up invigorated and the party kicks ass. This is after trying to kite my antiquarian through the same map only to find myself holding my own ass. This time, I'm the one handing out asses to the bad guys. So, I have several people in the four to five level range, flush with cash, and I haven't wasted tons of time so I think I'm still in good enough shape to finish the main questline. Either that or I'll end up gnashing my teeth and rending my shirt. In that respect, Darkest Dungeon mimics life, and marriage, pretty damned well.

Kona requires me to pay more attention to the story, so I've played it sparingly until I've got the mental acumen to enjoy it properly.

Edited by Eumaios
  • Like 2

So shines the name so shines the name of Roger Young!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MEJM0cboDg

Finished up the main story of Rise of the Tomb Raider.  Really solid game and I can see why it got so much praise and holy wow, is there a ton of collectibles.  I thought I was doing a decent job searching the maps for items, with and without maps to help within game, but I didn't even breach the 75% trophy yet.  Quite crazy, but something to go back and do since the actual gameplay of the game is so much fun.

Started up a game of Xcom 2 as well.  In the mood for some tactics and Xcom has always hit that spot.  Also started a game on the first Xcom on my ipad, which has actually been fun to go back to and see what's changed.  I will say the touch controls are quite nice so far.  

Looking forward to Horizon come Tuesday.  Seems to have been getting a lot of praise and I've kept myself in the dark as much as I can not watching trailers/gameplay/etc.  Nice to go in blind sometimes.

I would love to start Torment, but want to find a time this summer maybe when I  know I'll have some solid time to get into it.

I'm playing babysit my dad's dogs one of whom still isn't properly housetrained. I am not very good at this game.

Less times for games, more time for Netflix though.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Been playing almost entirely Eternal Card Game on Steam for last months.

It's pretty great, it's an MtG clone that slightly streamlines some mechanics, and takes a lot from Hearthstone's UI and presentation. Can make some absolutely dumb combo decks with it, it's great.

One minion that buffs all 4+ drops in hand,

2 copies of a spell that draw a buffed copy of a unit in your hand,

A single otherwise weak 6-drop unit that is free if you cast 2 spells this turn.

Then boom, suddenly 21ish mana worth of tempo on 4 mana turn. Inconsistent, but I love it.

Edited by Nordicus

Having a dabble with Mirror's Edge Catalyst. It's a nicely addictive game to pull you in, although trying to figure out where you have to run on the Dashes is a bit of a pain if you go off-route.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I am not very good at this game.

Nobody is, Tale.

Nobody is.

That's why we got rats, thinking they can't cause destruction on such a large scale.

They can.

PinkyandtheBrain.TheBrain.png

On topic, I'm still on Vampire Bloodlines, and I've just completed a quest both horrible and awesome. One word :

ZOMBIES!!1!11!!11!!!

Went full Thauma there, Blood Boil & Thefts of Vitae Blood Salvo

:grin:

• Like 1

That's why we got rats, thinking they can't cause destruction on such a large scale.

They can.

Counterpoint. Rats are so cuddly and lovable. <3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

^ D'awwwwwwwwww  :wub:

My favorite thing about rats is that they eat sort of like a human.  They sit on their hind legs, hold the food in their paws, and nibble on it.  It's way too adorable.

giphy.gif

Back on topic, an elusive target has arrived in HITMAN.  This will be the first time I've attempted one of these.  The target is around for a few days and I guess it sort of works like Iron Man Mode, if you screw up it's over and you don't ever get another chance.  The target is gone and you can't restart the mission.  I fully expect to fail this miserably but I will do my best.  I have to be super patient and super careful.

Edit: On top of that I have to kill the targets (there are 2) in a specific way.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Wait! One more thing about rats. We used to have rats that my life partner had as classroom pets. Loveable and friendly little guys, but they don't live long and that was really depressing. They got some sort of lung thing and we were using a dropper to feed them at the end.

Meanwhile, Kona is good, but what I really want is Long Dark story mode.

PS the autocorrect on my tablet was designed by rats. ...Illiterate rats

Edited by Eumaios

So shines the name so shines the name of Roger Young!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MEJM0cboDg

BS3 is trying to defeat me with these crashes and freezes. Unskippable dialogue in an adventure game is a crime.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Counterpoint. Rats are so cuddly and lovable. <3

Worthy of merciless extermination, regardless.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

An elusive target has arrived in HITMAN.  This will be the first time I've attempted one of these.  The target is around for a few days and I guess it sort of works like Iron Man Mode, if you screw up it's over and you don't ever get another chance.

What I'm not a huge fan of is that these targets get their own stories and missions, yet you can never go back and play them again. I'm still hoping that Square Enix eventually releases a pack of all of them, but it'll most likely just not happen.

Worthy of merciless extermination, regardless.

They're like humans in every way! Edited by Fenixp

Finished the Emily version of the Dishonored 2 play through.  Pretty good game, though like I said, very, very little actual side content.

There was one of the most amazing side things in all the games tho.

I mean the Stilton manor mission resolution.

That was exceptionally cool. Shame there wasn't really more of that.

The mansion resolution was pretty cool.

I'm trying a second play through as Corvo, but so far (early on) it just feels like I'm replaying Emily but with a different character.  Does it branch at all?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm trying a second play through as Corvo, but so far (early on) it just feels like I'm replaying Emily but with a different character.  Does it branch at all?

You get a different set of powers and some different lines of dialogue. That's it, really. Corvo's set of powers makes clean hands/ghost rather easy tho if you still want to do that. It also makes murderspree easier. ... Corvo's set of powers is kinda more powerful than Emily's.

Again tried to get into PoE... again got bored to tears and uninstalled within the first 5 hours. I'm sure it gets interesting at some point, cba to find out when, though. Combat is such a chore.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Again tried to get into PoE... again got bored to tears and uninstalled within the first 5 hours. I'm sure it gets interesting at some point... <snip>

Honestly, it doesn't.  If anything, the first few hours are the most interesting part of the game.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸