What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

The pacing between "linear" and "open world" in FFXV is weird.  Suddenly, it seems like Chapter after Chapter is going by with me doing nothing but fighting and taking a linear path to the next part of the story.

The further I go in the story, the more I'm convinced FFXII is vastly superior.

(I keep comparing the two because it's the last FF I played that had an "open world" aspect to it)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Then I'll probably enjoy it a whole lot more knowing that it has p*ssed off a bunch of whiny UT fanboys along the way.

Edit:

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Then I'll probably enjoy it a whole lot more knowing that it has p*ssed off a bunch of whiny UT fanboys along the way.

Why thank you :-P If it turns out you like it then more power to you. I was mostly disappointed the full game dropped most neat features that were in what they called 'demo' back when it came out for UT2k4 and turned it into budget steampunk version of Gears of War, not to mention it wasn't particularly well received even by people who never touched the base mod. If expecting a full, paid product to be at least on the level of inventiveness of a free mod it directly relates to makes me a 'whiny UT fanboy' then I 'spose that's what I am.

Okay, Chapter 13 in FFXV is really starting to piss me off.  It's as if all of a sudden they decided to completely change the game and turn it into Resident Evil.  And it just keeps going on and on and on.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ahhh, the joys of finding perfect team combinations in Darkest Dungeons. Nothing is so great as making easy work of bosses.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Got a sweet Desert Retreat in ESO. Glad they finally added Homesteads, it gives the game some needed personality. Crafting furniture is a bit of a hassle. I can make myself a bunch of amazing magical weapons and armor, but a basic chair requires hard to find crafting materials and a blueprint.

Just finished Chapter 13 in FFXV.  Apparently they decided to reveal the bulk of the story in one chapter, mentioning stuff that barely even played a part in the first 12 chapters.

Did the first development team get fired halfway through the project or something?  The story, pacing, and game design literally feels like two different games between what's before Chapter 10 and what's after it.  It's like two different teams worked on two different story ideas.

• Like 1

Burnt out on D3, so returned to FM2015 for a bit. Injuries in this game are rather annoying, though.

Should probably resume grinding in WoW. Needing 80 items when I get one per heroic is going to tax my sanity though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have finished Resident Evil HD Remaster after 11 hours of playtime. It was exceptional.

The reason why I bought and played it was because people kept drawing comparisons between the first and seventh game in the series, and I must say, the comparisons were rather apt. The element I loved about RE7, slowly uncovering a mystery behind mansion you've been trapped in with good deal of tension, is pretty much the same in RE1.

I feel the first game is a lot more inventive and clever in its puzzles than its newer sibling, solving of which I've really enjoyed. In spite of being a 90s PS game, I don't think I've encountered a single BS puzzle - everything was nicely internally consistent and logical, I didn't need to use a walk through even once, all I really ever needed to do was to stop and think for a bit.

Additionally, with 3 endings for 2 characters and mansion getting changed based on which character you're playing, RE1 is significantly more replayable than RE7 with its 2 endings and a single character. Both games had me rather starved for resources so that's excellent, but avoiding zombies in RE1 was a lot easier than mold... Things in 7. It's funny how worried I initially was about limited saves mechanic, just to find that all you really need is to not save all the time and you're fine (and if you do lose progress, due to fantastic level design shared by both games, retracing your steps suddenly becomes matter of minutes once you know what to do)

I still prefer my experience with RE7. I suppose the comparison is a little unfair considering RE7 has about 11 additional years of development experience behind it and immeasurably more powerful machines running it, but technical limitations of the original could be felt - fixed camera being the primary offender, naturally. Additionally, RE7 has managed to construct superb atmosphere and it had some of the best written antagonists of recent memory, none of which was really present in any sensible way in RE1. With that said, both games are quite close on my enjoy-o-meter, which is a brilliant achievement for a spruced up version of a game from 1996 - remastered version of RE1 aged exceptionally well and if, like me, you're one of the 3 people on the planet who has not played it, go and fix that.

• Like 2

Alright, put some time into Nioh and enjoying it quite a bit. It does a LOT of things right in my opinion. I love the loot system and combat gameplay. I've been playing it on my PS4 (not Pro) on action mode, which is a constant 60 fps 720p. While some may cringe at that, I really haven't felt the game to be ugly, however I will say the gameplay, being 60 fps is a stark difference from the locked 30 fps with better visuals.

I believe I'm about to leave the first "region" but have been grinding sub missions and dabbling into random co-op sessions which for about 90% of the time have been superb, however one feature I wish would/could be added is, if you join someone else's game, if they're afc (away from controller) for more than 5 minutes, you can have the option to leave and keep all the loot you have found and amrita (souls in this game), because I joined a random co-op game where the player was just standing there and I pretty much cleared the entire sub mission with the exception of a door that needed to be option and I couldn't open the door, being the person that joined.

That's been the only gripe I've had so far. I believe I'm at or just above level 40 and again, have been having a great time so far and frustrated with having to leave for the weekend to visit relatives (oh family life:)

I basically have been using a spear and dual swords, which are both quite fun, but have also dabbled into most of the weapons and they honestly all feel really good. Again, the combat is really tight in this game. I hope with newer iterations of Souls games, that they incorporate the idea of a loot system similar to this game because honestly, that's been a good mini sense of achievement so far, while running through main and sub missions. I really should take some screenshots sometime and will look into doing so in the near future.

Edited by SadExchange

53-0 now in NBA2k17 and the story has gone all wonky. One of the guys is back on the team before he was sent down to the D-league and my gf broke up with me but my character is really happy about it for some reason that hasn't been explained.

I also made the all star team and am leading for rookie of the year and MVP

Free games updated 3/4/21

The only thing more silly than sports? Sports games. :p

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Grrrrr Minecraft. I was trying to build a huge island and I was going to name it with lava filled glass columns for my niece (Which is bloody time consuming). So I build a diamond mine at the bottom of a mountain and created a loooooooo

ooooo

oooong tunnel with a gentle slope up to sea level. All straight from the mine to the sea and then I made an underwater tunnel that went out into the ocean and then up into an island, all while trying not to drown. I get the glass tunnel built, all underwater, and create the island and start building up. Dark oak steps up the side of the rail I'm using, stone slabs, diorite, granite, thematic places, even glass for a valley area that dips to about sea level between mountains so people can see the monsters running around aimlessly. I need to get a few more mats to finish up everything and I decided to create a third netherportal to take me out far from my home base on the surface. I thought I was careful enough, but accidently mined nethercrack from under myself and fell about 50 stories. It was quite a while before my guy went splat and died. Ho hum. Start again.

Edited by Eumaios

So shines the name so shines the name of Roger Young!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MEJM0cboDg

Finished Final Fantasy XV.  It's a tale of two games.  Chapters 1 to 9 were pretty good.  Nice combination of story and open world.  Chapters 10 to 15 were just one long "final end run", IMO, where basically any semblance of open world disappears, and the story goes from "Prince trying to meet up with his love, gets sidetracked because evil empire" into "Weird science story that was barely talked about for 80% of game, but now is your entire focus".

If I had to score it, I'd give it a 8/10 for the first 9 chapters, then 3/10 for the final 5 chapters.

Pfsh, this one is more of a soap opera simulator set in the NBA

for a moment I thought you were talking about Barkley Shut Up And Jam: Gaiden

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

So, finished tutorials in Mordheim. I have won 3/4 of them. ... That ... Doesn't bode too well TBH. Still, it was suddenly 2 hours later which is always a good sign and I'm glad the game allowed me to try out all 4 base factions before choosing a warband proper.

I quite enjoy the presentation and the mechanics. I don't enjoy the fact that I have to watch the lengthy attack animations over and over (at least you can speed up enemy turn via an option)