Pictures of your Games Episode IX - The Bigger Picture

Rosbjerg

My first silent assassin, suit only success!  :biggrin:

WFI0tDs.jpg

Getting to the target and killing him silently was challenging, but not crazy.  Getting out unnoticed was intense and took me many failed attempts.  Ultimately I manipulated the mechanic where if a guard sees a weapon lying on the ground they will pick it up and dispose of it to thin out the herd a little bit, but I still had to sneak through a small room with 3 guards in it (rather than 4) to make my clean escape.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's kinda playable:

CLdZ400.jpg

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Yeah, you don't get that kind of fidelity without SVGA graphics.

• Like 2

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

• 2 weeks later...

dSvYW5v.jpg*Dun*dun*

ehTJKo3.jpg*Dun*dun*

K8zIQkm.jpg*Dun*dun*dun*dun*dun*dun*...

XVuVa52.jpg

DPrDMKx.jpg

*Cue scream* Unfortunately I missed the screenshot key when the Mk. 48 torpedo detonated.

• Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

• 2 weeks later...

still playing TESO from time to time, and this game can be very pretty at times, but I think I mentioned that before

jbz4kx8YdVs.jpg

z6a9JNif42M.jpg

9BTcQfB1bkM.jpg

CfH2NmUvuo0.jpg

TDIftaY432g.jpg

U10GgebY7Wc.jpg

hWEL50TvX3M.jpg

this last one is from the best mission I've completed yet. really fun for some reason, even though mechanically it was the same as other missions before it: kill a bunch of groups of enemies, press a few in-game triggers, fight a boss - but this one stuck with me. I hope there are more of these in the game (I not nearly done with the content still, and I've hit max level a couple of weeks ago)

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

My new boat. With the Hunt for Red October being one of my favourite movies my campaign just got off to an auspicious start:

z4FQj8e.jpg

But how we got here...

MjdpkJL.jpg

qEPG9jL.jpg

ntzuniM.jpg

iWVGded.jpg

ntBnuVU.jpg

1vGrD16.jpg

Uh-oh.

SPAH0Rv.jpgAnd so we get underway from Holy Loch in dear old Scotland on December 25th, Ivan having ruined Christmas forever. To raise our spirits COMSUBLANT had plenty of Christmas ham brought aboard for us to dig in as we make for flank speed to our operating area.

Our first assignment is to intercept Soviet cruise missile subs looking to run the GIUK gauntlet to break out into the open Atlantic to sink trans-Atlantic convoys.

LcRA3bc.jpg

The situation as it stood when we set sail: So far the Soviets have limited their invasion to the Central Front, tanks and APCs rolling across the Inner-German Border, though that may swiftly change. NATO has SOSUS listening posts lording over the Andoya-Spitsbergen chokepoint which clues us into Soviet submarine movements as soon as they clear the tip of Finnmark. Speak of the devil one group is coming right now.

• Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

The Surge?

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Nice!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Ah Nashkel Mines, the biggest reason I'll never play through BG1 ever again.  Over the last 3 or 4 years I've tried playing BG1 again twice, both times I completely lost the will continue the moment I stepped inside those damnable mines.  What an awful dungeon.  I hope there's a special place in hell for whoever put all those kobold commandos in there.

Nashkel Mines?

Pfft...

FIREWINE BRIDGE DUNGEON FFS  :verymad: 

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Ah Nashkel Mines, the biggest reason I'll never play through BG1 ever again.  Over the last 3 or 4 years I've tried playing BG1 again twice, both times I completely lost the will continue the moment I stepped inside those damnable mines.  What an awful dungeon.  I hope there's a special place in hell for whoever put all those kobold commandos in there.

Nashkel Mines?

Pfft...

FIREWINE BRIDGE DUNGEON FFS  :verymad:

Firewine is optional, Nashkel you kind of have to do ;)

• Like 2

Reinstalled Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim - I've wanted to do a rerun of both when I had better time - and with some of the great new mods, that have come out for both in the last 1-4 years.

Managed to get both of them running smoothly with a ton of mods (I don't know how that happened)

Anyway - Skyrim can, as has been said before, look pretty amazing even today.

Riverwood in a morning fog

GFlHMtY.jpg

The outer gates of Whiterun in the night.

9hPFxVB.jpg

Not convinced...

jHs0geL.jpg

Fortune favors the bald.