Pictures of your Games Episode IX - The Bigger Picture

Rosbjerg

DOS is one of those game that I know I should play through at least once but every time I try I have to force myself to play it for more than 10 minutes. it's so bad in almost every aspect, that getting to the good stuff (engaging tactical combat) seems impossible

It's a terrible game, but the combat is addictive.

I still have no clue what the story is even about considering dialogue & voice over are so cheesy I am forced to click through all of it quickly.

Tbh, yes, it's very high-schoolish but that didn't stop me from loving it. I think the game revolves around comedy and weirdness for the most part so if you were expecting a serious Crpg like Baldurs Gate or PoE then yeah, you're going to be disappointed. I was happy to see it didn't take itself to seriously after playing other rpgs but that's just me.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

The problem is there is nothing to identify the trees. Once you stand next to some seemingly random location Torfinn will exclaim how the tree you found is awesome...

I went with speed because of the ship name. It is the only ship that can reach England in under 12 parsecs.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

DOS is one of those game that I know I should play through at least once but every time I try I have to force myself to play it for more than 10 minutes. it's so bad in almost every aspect, that getting to the good stuff (engaging tactical combat) seems impossible

It's a terrible game, but the combat is addictive.

I still have no clue what the story is even about considering dialogue & voice over are so cheesy I am forced to click through all of it quickly.

Tbh, yes, it's very high-schoolish but that didn't stop me from loving it. I think the game revolves around comedy and weirdness for the most part so if you were expecting a serious Crpg like Baldurs Gate or PoE then yeah, you're going to be disappointed. I was happy to see it didn't take itself to seriously after playing other rpgs but that's just me.

That's usually the thing that gets under my skin, it just hard to get any sense of involvement when your conversation options are limited in order to make space for a plethora of sophomoric humor. I rather that they'd let my character participate in the silliness instead of just being a silent spectator to it all.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Is that a singleplayer thing? I thought it's only some multiplayer team based shooter thingy?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Is that a singleplayer thing?

Not only a SP thing, it's among the best SP FPS campaigns I've ever had the joy of playing. Hope Katphood enjoys it as much. Honestly, after Titanfall 2, MP Military Shooters have no excuse for a poor campaign. Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

Is that a singleplayer thing? I thought it's only some multiplayer team based shooter thingy?

The first game was MP only. Titanfall 2 has both SP & MP. I must also add that the game has gore to a certain amount which I very much adored. Find the right weapon and you can make the enemies explode like a blood sausage.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

sMS5EDGZa2s.jpg

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

anyway, been playing a lot of TES Online lately, and overall I like it quite a bit. some of the environments look amazing

4cvAcTnM3MM.jpg

7yQqkq3Kl3A.jpg

4droOSX2ByE.jpg

CPsgfldjEUQ.jpg

4ENHBkFyjFc.jpg

the writing is bad, in general. story-related quests are nothing to write home about, but sometimes you can find gems here and there.

F-qPyQueImo.jpg

OEPt-KazHZo.jpg

qH_CVB3dYXU.jpg

• Like 2
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.