RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

I liked ME3 well enough, albeit it isn't much of an RPG, but Andromeda has a lot of red flags on it. It seems to know what it wants to be as a game even less than ME3, or even Inquisition (disclaimer, haven't played DAI, so going by commentary). A Gears of War/ relationship simulator combination with open world elements? Sounds like it has been designed by committee to appeal to the maximum number of people- and as a near inevitable consequence to appeal to none of them well.

Yeah, that's the sense I've had about it. Like FO4, but in space. Andromeda is going to make people nostalgic over ME3.

Welp, I was wrong. PoE2 will mach the backing of PoE if not exceed it. Here's to hoping that PoE2 improves on PoE, as BG2 did on BG.

The investment funds help a lot. Looks like it will be around 50/50 funding from investors and 'genuine' crowdfunding, if it were crowdfunding alone it would be a lot less than P(o)E and there are less than half the number of backers. Paypal/ backer site will probably help a fair bit since many people do dislike Fig.

Have to say, I did find some aspects of the PoE2 pitch rather odd. The world map and boat stuff seems very similar to Risen 2/3 with some additional 'base building', which aren't exactly the most popular of models amongst the target audience. And part of the latest stretch goal seems to be straight out of Stardew Valley (!)- again, not something I'd really expect.

• Like 1

snip

The male character looks like his real life model counterpart.  The female character looks like the model might look after she'd just been in a serious car accident.

If you would remember that Jessica Chobot was also in a ME game and also looked like a crash victim same Yvonne Strahovski. So this new evidence; that points to the male model being of higher quality than the female model, along with the previous fact that Mark Vanderloo face was of greater quality than the rest of the real life cast can only lead to one conclusion: Whomever is in charge of the art direction in ME is a big fan of the boys.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

If you would remember that Jessica Chobot was also in a ME game and also looked like a crash victim same Yvonne Strahovski. So this new evidence; that points to the male model being of higher quality than the female model, along with the previous fact that Mark Vanderloo face was of greater quality than the rest of the real life cast can only lead to one conclusion: Whomever is in charge of the art direction in ME is a big fan of the boys.

tumblr_lv5aabZKin1qdn2zy.jpg

I'll miss playing as a Dutch underpants model.

I'm not expecting great things from Andromeda, but the gameplay looks similar enough to ME3 that I'll probably get my money's worth from the MP, and that's all I care about at this point.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The Morrowind expansion for TESO has been announced a while ago- now they did a first walk through some of the areas:

https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

It starts at about 30 minutes. The shown game world actually looks pretty cool, imo. Really a shame this is an MMO and there likely will be 50 and more players running over your screen at the end of the day.

Also I so, so, so, so hate the armor design they've put into this game. It looks all kinda the same and nothing is somewhat bulky. Everyone wears skin-tight clothes. Ugh.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Hey Lexx. Did you read the PM I sent you? Thought perhaps your PM box might be full that you might not have seen it.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Yeah, I remember a while back one poster constantly was pissed because the chick in fair looked like a man and was going on about all types of stuff about how bioware either hates straight males.

Surprised haven't seen them say something yet lol

Good ol' Luzi and his mad ravings that someone at Bioware designed Cassandra to look like a man on purpose just to spite him. I miss his gems of wisdom:

LGBT/Feminists have made an attack against straight male gamers by purposely making Cassandra Pentaghast look like a man and making Josephine as ugly as possible, thus setting up straight male gamers to be called bigots & misogynists if they express a desire for more attractive women.

He disappeared a while ago, probably together with Qis and Oby. I wonder...

• Like 6

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

"If you would remember that Jessica Chobot was also in a ME game and also looked like a crash victim same Yvonne Strahovski. So this new evidence; that points to the male model being of higher quality than the female model, along with the previous fact that Mark Vanderloo face was of greater quality than the rest of the real life cast can only lead to one conclusion: Whomever is in charge of the art direction in ME is a big fan of the boys."

Despite online vocal minority majority of players play as male so it's logical to spend resources accordingly.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I am just going to recreate my Ramirez-looking character, like in any other such games. In ME1 I've ended up playing with a character like that by accident, but I've sticked with it for the rest of the games, and even started to use a similar type in Saints Row, etc. It's totally my thing now. :>

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I actually liked the DLC for the original SoM where you play as Celebrimbor wielding the ring of power. its missions were rather challenging. this trailer makes me think the whole sequel will be similar to that, at least I hope so

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I just don't get the appeal. I never sit down to play a video game and think "I really want to see some blue boobs after I shoot a bunch of stuff." The romances are dumb enough.

• Like 4

I'm pretty excited as I loved the first game, minus rhe crap QTE final boss.

If they can keep it difficult into late game, it can be a real treasure.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I just don't get the appeal. I never sit down to play a video game and think "I really want to see some blue boobs after I shoot a bunch of stuff." The romances are dumb enough.

Yeah, that blue **** is just gross. I mean, Miranda and the soldier chick were bangin'. Down with those filthy aliens and the degenerates that are into them!

This time we're getting krogan though, so I reserve the right to change my mind.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yeah, that blue **** is just gross. I mean, Miranda and the soldier chick were bangin'. Down with those filthy aliens and the degenerates that are into them!

This time we're getting krogan though, so I reserve the right to change my mind.

I'll be honest, Miranda looked very misshapen/missproportioned for someone wich was genetically engineered to perfection.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I'll be honest, Miranda looked very misshapen/missproportioned for someone wich was genetically engineered to perfection.

You shut your mouth, she was perfect.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP