Help creating a challenge (more than usual)!

On my current playthrough that's kinda how I dealt with Ogres, about lvl 4/5 party (4 man), chokepoint, Charm a druid at a time in the back so the ogres that are pathblocked start whacking and spend spells on him :D

Would a dual wielding marking paladin be a thing for this party setup and overlook the Outworn buckler though? I can overlook the shame or glory+clad, but I think it'll hurt more than save in this case where there's no priest... Thoughts?

The only one handed weapons with marking are Shame or Glory and Cladhaliath. This is the oneand only setup where you can dual wield marking weapons. Or you use the Helwax Mold to clone one of them of course.

It's a good question if this is better than Outworn Buckler. I guess it depends. ;)

A darcozzi paladin with dual marking could buff a single ally's ACC by +46 - not bad at all. On the other side - +5 to all defenses (stackable) is also a good thing.

Charming with Munacra Arret and Sworn Enemy is fun and works on any enemy who is not immune. The +10 feom the spell itself, Zealous Focus, Sworn Enemy and Distant Advantage (with Wood Elf) add up nicely to an ACC bonus of +38. I did not miss once as far as I can remember, not even dragons.

@MaxQuest: if you have Strange Mercy (and maybe Inspiring Triumph and maybe Executioner's Hood) you will have to steal kills. It's not that hard. Just support your people until an enemy is nearly dead, then strike. If you kill somebody with FoD you will trigger two heals - most of the time this would be overkill, but it can be a real lifesaver if an ally's endurance is very low.

Actually, I did a "mercyful" Executioner Paladin build with Strange Mercy, Sword & Shepherd, Spectacular Spetum, Coordinated Attacks and the Hood plus Insp. Triumph. It worked quite well. I didn't do a whole playthrough with it though.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Well the only vancian caster I ever play with is a Druid, it's really not difficult to do without wizards/priests once you get used to it.

Favorite party of mine has to be:

Chanter tank: Boreal dwarf/pale elf

Barbarian with tall grass and wetoki/axe of choice: Boreal dwarf/wild Orlan

Juggernaut monk with some changes: Pale elf/ human

Paladin for healing buffing with tidefall: Human/pale elf

Ranger - few variations, sometimes a gunner, sometimes persistence or stormcaller. Boar or wolf companion: Boreal dwarf/human

Druid: NG

But seeing as you don't want a vancian caster could use a cipher instead of the Druid.

I like melee heavy parties and this one is simple but brutally effective.

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Well the only vancian caster I ever play with is a Druid, it's really not difficult to do without wizards/priests once you get used to it.

Favorite party of mine has to be:

Chanter tank: Boreal dwarf/pale elf

Barbarian with tall grass and wetoki/axe of choice: Boreal dwarf/wild Orlan

Juggernaut monk with some changes: Pale elf/ human

Paladin for healing buffing with tidefall: Human/pale elf

Ranger - few variations, sometimes a gunner, sometimes persistence or stormcaller. Boar or wolf companion: Boreal dwarf/human

Druid: NG

But seeing as you don't want a vancian caster could use a cipher instead of the Druid.

I like melee heavy parties and this one is simple but brutally effective.

Seems like the main difference on builds would be, besides cipher for druid, the barbarian for fighter. I've been wanting to try out a barbarian on an all out brawl too.... The consideration of replacing Lady of pain for a barbarian is quite appealing actualy :) What stats/gear (besides weapons as you mentioned) would you make this fine gent?

Well you are best off looking at the builds section or asking Boeroer for advice nicely. I play on PoTD, but I'm not a min/maxer at all.

I tend to not drop any stat below 8( the lowest). I find that 16 in 3 stats and the rest at 10 (roughly) works really well. Barbs need more attributes so they are the only ones I'll drop lower.

So, normally go something like this:

Boreal dwarf, I like dwarves from a role play point of view, but any race will do.

Might: 16

Int:15

Perc:16

Dex:10

Con:12

Res:9

I tend to switch between tall grass and the various axes so I take the dual wielding talents but not the two handed one. Slight bit of extra damage is not worth it. Still as the weapons are all single damage types you do need another option anyway. If you go just two handed I'd drop might and resolve by one, con by 2 and make dex 14.

Abilities: Must haves: frenzy, hof, dragons leap, savage defiance and blood thirst. I'd avoid barbaric yell. The rest is choice really.

Certainly not saying it's better than a fighter build, I prefer it though. I just find fighters boring, mainly because they seem to lack any flavour. But that's a personal hangover from d&d days when the only contribution a fighter could make was to knckdown opponents... twice a day

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

My last PotD run had a four man melee team: Juggernaut Monk 3.0, Pellaginna (hammer and shield), Devil (Starcaller flail and Blgdr barricade), and Kana (shield and various weapons with spell casting charges). All were melee and they kicked ass. The combined regen auras from Kana + Veteran's Recovery + Gallant's Focus (Kana) + Zealous endurance + fear chant (Kana) + fire lash chant (kana) = a really durable team that could handle everything, required minimal rest and could whip out scrolls if ever needed.

Adding a barbarian and a ranger with stormcaller to the above team would have been really easy. If you are not opposed to doubling up on classes a second Paladin or Chanter would make things really easy, could replace Devil as her main use was for the Mechanics skill. 

Well you are best off looking at the builds section or asking Boeroer for advice nicely. I play on PoTD, but I'm not a min/maxer at all.

I tend to not drop any stat below 8( the lowest). I find that 16 in 3 stats and the rest at 10 (roughly) works really well. Barbs need more attributes so they are the only ones I'll drop lower.

So, normally go something like this:

Boreal dwarf, I like dwarves from a role play point of view, but any race will do.

Might: 16

Int:15

Perc:16

Dex:10

Con:12

Res:9

I tend to switch between tall grass and the various axes so I take the dual wielding talents but not the two handed one. Slight bit of extra damage is not worth it. Still as the weapons are all single damage types you do need another option anyway. If you go just two handed I'd drop might and resolve by one, con by 2 and make dex 14.

Abilities: Must haves: frenzy, hof, dragons leap, savage defiance and blood thirst. I'd avoid barbaric yell. The rest is choice really.

Certainly not saying it's better than a fighter build, I prefer it though. I just find fighters boring, mainly because they seem to lack any flavour. But that's a personal hangover from d&d days when the only contribution a fighter could make was to knckdown opponents... twice a day

I believe if I would drop the fighter would be for the acc debuffs on the other team, that would be the gist of the thing (and hof). What u talkin about? 2 knockdowns? I have 3 here! Totaly makes the difference xD And I also like the rotfinger boots (or whatever they're called) for aoe fast cast debuff on the fighter :D

I would think for this kinda setup I would go something like frenzy, barbaric yell, savage defiance, threatening presence, barbaric shout, hof, dragon leap. Inbetween I'd add veteran recovery, greater frenzy and stalwart defense... and maybe accurate carnage, but it's not on top of the list. I tend to balance out my characters for my needs so I guess I'd see later. Hours of st rumbalt prone on crits with carnage when the main hit crits? Or when the carnage crits? If it's the 2nd, well worth taking accurate.

I like the the stat distribution however, thank you for that!

Boeroer, advice pretty please? With a springberry on top? :D