Refugees are good!

Ben No.3

I apologized to oby and Qistina on your behalf.

Do you think Qistina was a real person? Im not convinced, " she "   was far too nice to me considering the fact she wasnt suppose to know me?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I can never apologize for the truth. I don’t mind apologizing for things. But I can’t apologize for the truth. I said tremendous crime is coming across. Everybody knows that’s true. And it’s happening all the time. So, why, when I mention, all of a sudden I’m a racist. I’m not a racist. I don’t have a racist bone in my body.

I defy you to find a single post where I stated such. :)

influx o' refugees results in new food opportunities: corner markets, hole-in-the-wall dives, push carts and michelin-starred restaurants. 

also, given Gromnir's profession, we have little to fear from refugees. am thinking there is prohibitive few north-african refugees who specialize in US Constitutional law.  

'course we don't make much money from our profession. real estate. refugees tend to drive property values down in the urban areas where they congregate.  we would personal benefit a bit from a return o' the urban flight which were prevalent in the 90s. 

so, all's good from our pov.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I sense opportunities here to make good use of mass immigrations... a new fast food franchise. I'll call it Soylent Green Burgers (eco friendly ingredients of course) ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I can never apologize for the truth. I don’t mind apologizing for things. But I can’t apologize for the truth. I said tremendous crime is coming across. Everybody knows that’s true. And it’s happening all the time. So, why, when I mention, all of a sudden I’m a racist. I’m not a racist. I don’t have a racist bone in my body.

I'm just shocked Hoonding responded to something. He's typically a one-liner type of poster.

• Like 1

I'm just shocked Hoonding responded to something. He's typically a one-liner type of poster.

I'm shocked no one is noticing he is literally quoting president Trump.

Hah, that must be it!

He is clearly a writer for SNL.

I have a question for the ProEU, is integration of the immigrants into that lands culture important or is it more important to integrate the land with the immigrants culture?

Here's the thing, the Arabian culture was ahead of us for centuries. I don't see anything wrong with importing that... heck, as long as people live according to our laws, they can follow whatever culture they want.

Religion is different. We've come a long way, and they'll need to adapt the our secular lifestyle. I am not about excluding specifically Islam, I am about excluding religion as a whole, making it a private decision. Society as a whole needs to be secular. It is undeniable that religion has done a lot of good, but we live in a time where doing good is not dependent on religion anymore. However, the religions are still very easy to abuse for extremism... after all, almost all religions proclaim the killing of some groups. So, the following needs to be done:

1. Children can not belong to a religion through their parents. They must have reached a certain age, maybe 15, before they can officially enter a religious group. The children should choose their religion, not their parents.

2. Religion is a private matter; religious imagery or clothing has nothing to do in public institutions such as schools or parliament and are therefore to be banned from it.

3. In school, children are to be given a overview over all religions, as well as an introduction into humanism, before they reach 15 due to 1.

• Like 1

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

I have a question for the ProEU, is integration of the immigrants into that lands culture important or is it more important to integrate the land with the immigrants culture?

Here's the thing, the Arabian culture was ahead of us for centuries. I don't see anything wrong with importing that... heck, as long as people live according to our laws, they can follow whatever culture they want.

Religion is different. We've come a long way, and they'll need to adapt the our secular lifestyle. I am not about excluding specifically Islam, I am about excluding religion as a whole, making it a private decision. Society as a whole needs to be secular. It is undeniable that religion has done a lot of good, but we live in a time where doing good is not dependent on religion anymore. However, the religions are still very easy to abuse for extremism... after all, almost all religions proclaim the killing of some groups. So, the following needs to be done:

1. Children can not belong to a religion through their parents. They must have reached a certain age, maybe 15, before they can officially enter a religious group. The children should choose their religion, not their parents.

2. Religion is a private matter; religious imagery or clothing has nothing to do in public institutions such as schools or parliament and are therefore to be banned from it.

3. In school, children are to be given a overview over all religions, as well as an introduction into humanism, before they reach 15 due to 1.

While religion does have huge roots in a lot of cultures, the practice of said religion is seperate.

What I'm talking about is when 2 cultures collide and it directly conflicts and it's something that doesn't conflict with laws, is it more important to integrate and have them change into ur culture or is it more important for them to keep their culture (their identity) and it is ur culture that has to change/integrate to fit theirs? These are immigrants in your country to clarify.

Edited by redneckdevil

While religion does have huge roots in a lot of cultures, the practice of said religion is seperate.

What I'm talking about is when 2 cultures collide and it directly conflicts and it's something that doesn't conflict with laws, is it more important to integrate and have them change into ur culture or is it more important for them to keep their culture (their identity) and it is ur culture that has to change/integrate to fit theirs? These are immigrants in your country to clarify.

Well, I mean Europe is a pot full of dozens of cultures anyway. And amongst the cultures we hold so dearly there are several slave societies, tyrannical monarchs, brutal dictatorships. And we celebrate it anyway. No I don't think they need to adapt to our culture, and to be honest, I wouldn't even know which culture they should adapt to... there is no "European culture".

And everybody knows

The culture of whatever nation or region they are in?

Everyone is free to exercise their own religion and culture, as long as they behave by the laws set. That's how freedom in a republic should work.

And everybody knows

Here's the thing, the Arabian culture was ahead of us for centuries. I don't see anything wrong with importing that...

Yeah, about 900-1200 years ago. How does the saying go? If you think for example Saudi Arabia is such a great and enlightened place, why not move there? ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Everyone is free to exercise their own religion and culture, as long as they behave by the laws set. That's how freedom in a republic should work.

It was intended as a response to you saying you don't know which culture they should adapt to as there is no European Culture

Mind you, I agree with your response to me. As long as people aren't hurting anyone or breaking the law I'm fine with them doing whatever they want.. and I'm not even 100% on the law part of that

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

It was intended as a response to you saying you don't know which culture they should adapt to as there is no European Culture

Mind you, I agree with your response to me. As long as people aren't hurting anyone or breaking the law I'm fine with them doing whatever they want.. and I'm not even 100% on the law part of that

In Germany and places like the EU you need to obey certain rules and observe culture and respect Western  values

And this includes more analysis and a slower intake for groups like the refugees. So they need to follow a structured migration framework. Your suggestions seems like the old days when Merkel said " welcome " 

And of course this created real issues 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

What you are saying is is that if there's a conflict of differences of culture (not the whole culture mind you, a part of the culture) that doesn't conflict with any laws, you are saying it is the country who should integrate to their culture on said issue, and not the immigrant to the culture of the land? That is more important?

Edited by redneckdevil

What you are saying is is that if there's a conflict of differences of culture (not the whole culture mind you, a part of the culture) that doesn't conflict with any laws, you are saying it is the country who should integrate to their culture on said issue, and not the immigrant to the culture of the land? That is more important?

What culture of the land? Germany as it is now exists for not even three decades, and what culture we had before is, in recent years, quite crappy. Europe is just a melting point for dozens of cultures, what's bad about adding another one? The US, well immigration is the reason it exists. The only "real" Americans are either treated very poorly or killed.

And everybody knows

What culture of the land? Germany as it is now exists for not even three decades, and what culture we had before is, in recent years, quite crappy. Europe is just a melting point for dozens of cultures, what's bad about adding another one? The US, well immigration is the reason it exists. The only "real" Americans are either treated very poorly or killed.

Since your not answering the very simple question, I should take it that you feel it is the land that the immigrants come TO that must change if there is a conflict of cultures?

I'm not trying being snarky or judgmental, I was just curious.

In Germany and places like the EU you need to obey certain rules and observe culture and respect Western values

And this includes more analysis and a slower intake for groups like the refugees. So they need to follow a structured migration framework. Your suggestions seems like the old days when Merkel said " welcome "

And of course this created real issues

"Western values" are the reason we have the refugees in the first place. A slower intake of refugees? The refugees are coming pretty quickly, just what exactly will you do with the refugees while they wait for testing? Huge camps? What a disaterous idea... health would hit rock bottom. You're from south Afrika, right? How is it that even you are now advocating against the equality of all men, against universal brotherhood, against the unity of us all? There was a time when people said I was your alter ego, Bruce, but you are giving up on those values you are so deadset on defending. Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Since your not answering the very simple question, I should take it that you feel it is the land that the immigrants come TO that must change if there is a conflict of cultures?

I'm not trying being snarky or judgmental, I was just curious.

Essentially yes... I do not see culture connected to nations or nationality in any sense but a historic one... a conflict of cultures? Isn't a free market all about competition? Why not apply that to art? The Quran is quite well written and certainly nice to look at.

• Like 1

And everybody knows

But seriously... all culture belongs to everyone, I see no reasons why it's bad that all culture should be directly available (within close perimeter) to everyone.

And everybody knows