LETS TALK ABOUT STAR WARS

then what the hell r you doing here

Becase we like RPGs, and we have a love affair with Chris Avellone and his team of hooligans.

Seriously, what's to like about Star Wars ?!?

It's a just a basic ripp off of just about every major Sci-fi franchise (Foundation, The Lensmen Series, Dune, John Carter of Mars and who knows what else), hipped up with special effects, terrible acting, and a shallow, block buster characterization.

I enjoyed the second movie well enought, but other then that i consider George Lucas a complete hack, just take a look at the prequels. throws up

Have a nice day...

The OT is very good but the prequels are baaaaad! I hope Lucas can redeem himself with Episode 3. That should be the darkest movie of the PT, maybe even darker than TESB. It has less reliance on SFX and focuses more on plot and characters, which is what the other 2 movies should have done. But what can you expect from Lucas, he's obsessed with CGI.

I think you're right about that one, Kefka... Lucas probably has a real fascination with the possible toys he could use more than making an interesting or good movie series for the prequels.

To add insult to injury the a-hole won't be releasing the origional trilogy on DVD! Just the special editions. More like freakin special ed editions of the films. Guido shooting first and the god damn musical numbers! :angry:

Cheers!

It gets worse - word is the DVD editions will be yet another re-edit with changes to tie them into the f***ed up - er, revised - continuity created by Eps 1 - 3.

Although on a positive note, I have heard a rumour that the DVD Star Wars (or A New Hope, if you insist) will restore Han shooting first. However, that may just be fanboy wishful thinking.

As for the musical numbers. . . damn where's a barfing smilie when you need one!

It gets worse - word is the DVD editions will be yet another re-edit with changes to tie them into the f***ed up - er, revised - continuity created by Eps 1 - 3.

damn, that's all we need, more changes that f**k up the originals.

Although on a positive note, I have heard a rumour that the DVD Star Wars (or A New Hope, if you insist) will restore Han shooting first.

Well, I mean, it's not like we didn't already know that Lucas was obsessed with CGI. I mean, on the Visual Effects Guild awards, or whatever the fook they called it, they credited Lucas as the founder of modern special effects. I never did get what was up with making Greedo shoot first though, I mean, it practically took away Han's bad assedness and made him into a mushy romantic. WTF?!! :angry:

I never did get what was up with making Greedo shoot first though, I mean, it practically took away Han's bad assedness and made him into a mushy romantic.  WTF?!!  :angry:

The 'good guys' don't shoot first, according to Lucas. He never wanted Han to be a bad ass, just a hero. Of course, he says that now but it was very different when he made Star Wars. Why didn't he think of that back then? He's making excuses. Han is perfect as he is. Trust Lucas to ruin that.