Origin Of Your Name And Avatar

Mr. Teatime

The name comes from Silmarien, it's elvish, and avatar.. well, I found it and fits fine with my nick.

"Find someone rich and kill him. Find someone richer and kill him too. Hack n Slash your way to fortunate. Woo-Hoo!"

"More is all you need"

"I wanna register a complain. Yeah, that's it. I wanna kill a dragon. A real dragon, that would be Sooo cool.."

Well, my name came from me trying to figure out a name for my Birthright character. The Birthright box had a list of names and Oerwinde was one of them. Turns out like 2 years later I checked the thing again and it was a girls name, but no one seems to notice.

Avatar is Galvatron, Megatron's form given to him by Unicron after Optimus Prime defeated him on Earth and Starscream tossed him out into space.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Hrmm.. I just took my hotmail nick (which I've had since 1995!) because I am lazy and don't want to remember more than one name. I use this nick everywhere too, because who other than me would ever want such an ugly nickname? And for avatar.. I don't have one! Maybe I'll never have one.. Lazy and all.

Do I win a prize for most boring story? :)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

My name, which I picked up in late 1998 is Latin for "Destruction/Ruin". I don't know how well it matches my personality but it's too late to change it now. As for my avatar, it's just a rendering of a cool mecha with glowing eyes.

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

I don't mean to be a prick, but Valaraukar, your signature is above the maximum limit of 5 lines. I'd suggest changing it.

Exitium

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

58, which is meant to surprise you

If this is a Discworld reference, I don't get it.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Me neither. Care to elaborate, Death-of-Rats?

Exitium

58, which is meant to surprise you

If this is a Discworld reference, I don't get it.

It's a vague reference. The fifth element is surprise as you well know, and eight is the number of eternity (non-Discworld related). So 58 is a bit like eternally (a) surprise(d).

I originally used the name Zappy_II or something similar on battle.net a while back when I dabbled in multiplayer diablo 2 back when it first came out. Of course I had and still have a crappy 56k modem so I didn't enjoy it. I joined the BIS boards a while back when I was interested in IWD2 and began following the development just as they were finishing up the project. I needed a name to use and so I thought back to my brief battle.net days. So I modified it to Zapp$ter( how clever of me <_< ). Since then I have used that name on various forums such as rpgcodex, bis, interplays, missy's and some other obscure anime based forums that I can't remember the name of.

My avatar is from my favourtie scifi show Farscape. It's this crazy banik slave called Stark. I used to have this really hot chick as my avatar but I misplaced the picture on my hd and can't remember which site I got it from.

Your side! My side! Your side! My side!

Why did Crichton always treat Stark poorly?

Exitium

Why did Crichton always treat Stark poorly?

I don't think it was just crichton that treated him poorly, the whole crew basically did. The only one that treated him decently was Zhaan.

It was mainly because they didn't trust him, they didn't know what he was about if you know what I mean. I remember he pulled a couple of crazy things in late season 2. There's no clear reason why they treated him poorly AFAIK. It's been so long since I've seen some episodes of the show. I mainly watch my season one boxed set. Still need to get some money together to buy season 2 and 3 boxed sets.

It's an interesting question though. One I might bring up on the farscape forums. You've got me thinking now. I might have to sleep on it

edit: I'm tempted to say the reason is because he's a bit loony. But then again people who've watched the show know what happens to crichton also. So I don't think that would be the reason.

Actually it may just have come to me while I was typing this edit. I now recall an episode where crichton stark, zhaan and I think d'argo are onboard talyn. They're waiting to contact some traders to refit some of talyn's systems/weapons or something because as you may know talyn is a bit trigger happy. For some reason stark activates talyn's weapons and opens fire on the trade ship and IIRC destroys it. A few more ships come along and take them captive as part of a trial to find out who was responsible. Naturally there are very different stories about what happened but the aliens come to the conclusion that it was stark(something crichton says brings this on). Anyway the punishment for the crime is death. So stark turns into his true noncorporeal energy ball type thing form and legs it. I think this is the reason for some of their mistrust and their treatment of him. They just don't know what he is likely to do when he snaps.

That makes sense now that I think back on the episode.

Exitium

When i was younger i read alot of fighting fantasy books and others of that type. In the Demonspawn Saga, there was a fairly tough character named Pseudospawn, i liked it, it also game me room to play about with the meanings of Pseudo & Spawn.

...and i had never seen it anywhere online except for a site about trout breeding :)

I thought the distrust of stark came from the episodes with him directly following the one mentioned. as i recall they went to rob some sort of criminal bank as per stark's plan and he failed to give all the necessary information of what needed to happen (dargo being detained) and who they were robbing (scorpius).

When i was younger i read alot of fighting fantasy books and others of that type. In the Demonspawn Saga, there was a fairly tough character named Pseudospawn, i liked it, it also game me room to play about with the meanings of Pseudo & Spawn.

...and i had never seen it anywhere online except for a site about trout breeding :)

I thought the distrust of stark came from the episodes with him directly following the one mentioned. as i recall they went to rob some sort of criminal bank as per stark's plan and he failed to give all the necessary information of what needed to happen (dargo being detained) and who they were robbing (scorpius).

Yeah that's what I meant by the crazy things he pulled in late season 2. Basically the mistakes he made in the Liars, Guns and Money trilogy of episodes. These were a couple of episodes down the line and as I recall the first part in the trilogy was the first time the crew had seen him since he abandoned them on the alien trial ship I was talking about. I think there were about 3-4 episodes in between that time. Either way though it started on the alien trial ship and the feelings the crew harboured towards him kind of grew in the later episodes you mentioned.

Also I think he went crazy at a critical portion of the plan when they needed stark to input some sort of security code or something

I earnt my nick a few years ago working for a jousting show (Circusy kinda thing) I was taking a break from studying animal physiology. It was my job to look after the horses, I got the nickname after one of the dozy bugger got staked during a show and I had to spend 3 nights sleeping in the stall next to him and checking him every hour.

As for Avatar, just a default one for the time being.

Guess where my nick came from :huh:

And my avvy is Earl from Red Meat, the best comic ever.

Bug-Eyed Earl. Heh. I haven't checked that site in a long time. Milkman Dan is a superb comic strip character.

I picked this username because I try to accumulate orgone energy. The avatar is one of the guys from Gaye Bykers on Acid, a grebo band from the 80's.

short for my last name... been my nick ever since i can remember, on and off the internet. 20 years at least, probably more... i used to post as mendolf on the old BIS fora. that's my favorite PC wizard type from probably as far back as the bard's tale.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

My favorite character from my favorite anime. My other nick is from my and a friend's not-so-serious CS clan, by the name of "D@rk Lords"

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

My name's story is that a long time ago, when I was just a kid, I used to tell people I was the Raccoon God. I used to run around telling people to avoid the great 'Racoon God Patrick' and stuff (my name is Patrick). As I grew up, I still used it time to time as a joke, and raccoons were my favorite animals, but a day came during class that people were asking about their favorite animals.

I had just gotten the internet and around that time 'llama' ment 'lamer' and people used it seriously, but now it's old,lame and annoying. But anyways, in order to poke fun at myself, I told them my favorite animal is the llama, and I thought about the racoons and then suddenly came up with the fact i'm Patrick The Llama God. I've either used LlamaGod or PatrickTheLlamaGod the past 5-6 years, it is fune. The only other name i've used was 'Scroda' because that's my name in the MMORPG Dark Age of Camelot, which I stole from the band GWAR, heh (the name that is).

My avatar is Mel Gibson on the Simpsons episode 'Beyond Blunderdome' because I like Mad Max alot.

The Pope was the first boardname I ever came up with, and it kinda stuck.

This is the first time I left the The in my name away, though. Was too formal for my liking, and I felt like a little change anyway. Yay for me.

The avatar is something I put together myself. It describes me quite well imo. I'm the pope and I love dope. 'nuff said.