Origin Of Your Name And Avatar

Mr. Teatime

I actually briefly went by the name "D'aler'iao" on Black Isle (because apostrophes make names cooler!) but that was reverted to Deraldin when everyone had their screen names reverted to the account name they signed up with.

...hehehe...fergot all 'bout that!!...damn, I remebers hittin' Josh wit' 4 or 5 consecutive PMs so he's'd change me name back ta Sargallath Abraxium cuz noone'd remember who Jason Oliver was...hehehe... :dancing:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Yeah, I remember there being a big thing about it at the time because a lot of people signed up with their real names so they had a lot of names to go back and change for people. Also, I'm pretty sure that DM's name was also his initials, just like GM here. I recall he got caught by the name switch and was sporting his real name for a few days.

Yeah DM's initials were DM, but he was also a DM so it all kinda worked. :)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Tsuga C is short for Tsuga canadensis, the Eastern Hemlock, which happens to be a favorite of mine.  As for the avatar, I'm sure you can guess.

Edited by Tsuga C
  • Like 2

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

My name was originally just me writing random stuff on the keyboard to create a name for my character in some RPG around 2000-2001. Shortly after, I registered on an Internet forum using the same nick. People were asking why I chose it and instead of admitting it was just random gibberish I came up with a more "intelligent" and "sophisticated" explanation.

"Rostratus" is Latin for "having a beak/beaked/curved" and as a noun it can mean both the prow of a ship and the speaker's platform in the original Forum in Rome. The last part is rather appropriate and I also definitely like the visual associations I get from the words.

Pathologic+Day+11_3.jpg140.jpgfigure-head.jpg

The ending "ere" (alternatively spelled "er", or in some cases "yr" or "ir") was more common in Old English names, such as Belvedere, Ellesmere, and so on. "Rostere", "Rosteyr", "Rosteer" or "Rostair" (now I think you know how to pronounce my nick as well) is not an entirely illogical mashup for a strange (really) Old English Latin-inspired name or nickname.

It's a pity the actual, already existing, rather uncool word "rooster" has almost the exact etymology. :(

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

''Woldan'' was the name I invented for my first RPG character, that was in Baldur's Gate back in 1998; I think my sister helped me with the name, but I'm not sure.

Since then I named most of my characters Woldan and the name somehow slowly oozed into the real world turning into a minor nickname.

My Avatar is a picture from the film ''Man of steel'' of Faora-Ul played by Antje Traue, my favorite actress.

• Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

^ Woldan reminds me of Wotan, a.k.a. Wodan or Odin of the Aesir. Not a bad forum handle at all.  :thumbsup:

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

No offence, but to me it sounds like a detergent powder.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hrmm.. I just took my hotmail nick (which I've had since 1995!) because I am lazy and don't want to remember more than one name. I use this nick everywhere too, because who other than me would ever want such an ugly nickname? And for avatar.. I don't have one! Maybe I'll never have one.. Lazy and all.

Do I win a prize for most boring story? blink.png

YES YOU DO, ANCIENT ME

• Like 3

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I miss my old nickname for most things online, Ulysses. Then all these people got online and it became less and less available. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I miss my old nickname for most things online, Ulysses. Then all these people got online and it became less and less available. :lol:

Sounds like quite the Odyssey there...

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I don't think Ive ever changed my avatar and I have it because I think it looks cool. The Gfted1 nick is because Im so great. :lol:

Oh and you are! I love you....

GM is just my initials. Used it since the good ol' Black Isle days when I couldn't think of anything else. Way too shy back then to be creative or clever.

My avatar is because some real life friends thought it looked like me... except my hair is not quite so reddish, truly. And my cowgirl hat is way better. :D

And back in the days of BIS we all thought it meant "Game Master" and you were like a hardcore DM (not to be confused with DM who was a DM). ;)

Oh God, LOL ... little did they know how exactly opposite it was. :lol:

When I joined bis it was because I was having so much trouble with my game. It was the first ever pc game I played.

I actually briefly went by the name "D'aler'iao" on Black Isle (because apostrophes make names cooler!) but that was reverted to Deraldin when everyone had their screen names reverted to the account name they signed up with.

...hehehe...fergot all 'bout that!!...damn, I remebers hittin' Josh wit' 4 or 5 consecutive PMs so he's'd change me name back ta Sargallath Abraxium cuz noone'd remember who Jason Oliver was...hehehe... :dancing:

Although I like your real name just fine you'll always be Sargy to some of us.

It's funny how we associate people we meet online with their user names, even when we know the real name. Like with Amentep. When I first got together with Ace (ApocolypseCow) from BIS it took a bit of readjustment to think of him with his real name.

Although I like your real name just fine you'll always be Sargy to some of us.

It's funny how we associate people we meet online with their user names, even when we know the real name. Like with Amentep. When I first got together with Ace (ApocolypseCow) from BIS it took a bit of readjustment to think of him with his real name.

...hehehe...yeah, I knows what ya mean, lass...this be how we's all knows each other, how we's got ta be friends, became close, etc...blurs the line, becomes our reality...;)

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Lot of old names in here...

Calax is just something I came up with

And Cmdr Char Aznableis the Avatar (Currently)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Should be noted that my Avatar has changed...

to this yahoo

Y1bXr.jpg

or more specifically, an alternate skin of his

hUuNB.png

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Huh, so you ARE ancient then.

Mine is obvious, and I change avatars often, of late has been 40k artwork.

The Sigilite?

Praise be to the Emperors right hand and hero of humanity!

AVE IMPERATOR!

EDIT:

My name is an old forum name/callsign I have been using since forever.

Avatar is from Heroes of Might and Magic V

Edited by TrashMan

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

New avatar is the redesign of Captain Canuck, as seen in his new webseries here

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg