Spectre in the Garrison

Saint Ajora

Question

Story Mode, Brigandoom, Legendary

Amiri and Seelah are in the Garrison. It's Seelah's turn, and she encounters a Spectre. As usual, another Spectre was summoned to fight Amiri. She defeats it. Then, Seelah defeats the other one. Oddly, Seelah is moved to another location (she went to the Farmhouse) and the Spectre apparently went back to the location deck, as if it was undefeated. Seelah's turn had not yet ended, and I could use a blessing to explore her new location. This time, she faced a Shadow and beat its combat check. But again, it was undefeated and was shuffled to its location deck like the previous monster, as if the glitch was still in effect.

I already have experienced this bug two times in the Garrison, and in the second time, it happened as described above.

4 answers to this question

Slaying Axe is the only "Slaying" weapon I own and it does have Magic trait so presumably so should the all the others including Sword.

I suggest you make a new thread specifically asking if Slaying Sword should have Magic trait since there is no bug here... you used a weapon without Magic trait to fight a monster requiring that trait so everything worked as it should.

"If the check to defeat does not have the Magic trait, the Spectre is undefeated."

"If the check to defeat does not have the Magic trait, the Shadow is undefeated."

Since during Brigandoon chances of either Amiri or Seelah having a magic weapon is very low, they can't defeat Spectre, Shadow, Ghost or any other monster with Incorporeal trait and what you experienced is not a bug, just being very, very unlucky.

Edited by Ripe
  • Like 1

Thanks for the answer, but I have to tell you that this isn't my case. I was playing with Tier 5/6 characters and I was using a Slaying Sword. I came back here because I found out that this bug is actually originated from this weapon, because its card is lacking the Magic trait, and therefore can't defeat incorporeal creatures and others that immune to mundane weapons.

Slaying Axe is the only "Slaying" weapon I own and it does have Magic trait so presumably so should the all the others including Sword.

I suggest you make a new thread specifically asking if Slaying Sword should have Magic trait since there is no bug here... you used a weapon without Magic trait to fight a monster requiring that trait so everything worked as it should.

All Slaying Weapons are, so It should be magic. I used it assuming that the weapon had the magic trait, but it doesn't, so that's the bug. As for the Spectre incident, you're right, there is no bug about it, since the weapon lacks the magic trait. I will link this thread to a new one about the Slaying Sword.