Hello Fellow Awesome Players,

LOVE the game and already burning a hole in my wallet.  I've never played the card game but fiddled around with the mmo that was supposed to come out so know a bit about lore, etc.  I've always wanted to play this type of game but always hard to find real players so this really is scratching that itch.

I do have a few questions:

1.  The Blessing Cards at the top of the screen....what do they do?  I can't ever seem to play them.  Can any character play them?

2.  Can I play this game with a friend?  Say my friend is at her house and I'm at mine, possible?  How does that work if so?

3.  When you bury a card do you lose it from your deck forever?

4.  Valeros always seems to have the exclamation mark by his icon but if he's at a different location he can't help the other characters can he?

5.  Can I fight other players?

6.  Why not just go from area to area with a full group?  Why split them?

7.  Is there a timer for the campaign?  

8.  You have to set your deck up before the campaign yes?  How many cards can characters have in a deck and should we maximize that?  Do you build your deck before the campaign? (Sorry have not really built a deck yet so not sure where to go to do that).

Wishes and thanks!

Welcome!  Glad you're having a good time!

----

1.  The Blessing Cards at the top of the screen....what do they do?  I can't ever seem to play them.  Can any character play them?

Think of this as the countdown timer.  Each turn, it subtracts one, and then the game is over if you run out.

2.  Can I play this game with a friend?  Say my friend is at her house and I'm at mine, possible?  How does that work if so?

At the moment, not really.  Who knows if "true" multiplayer will come other than passing your tablet back and forth in the same room.

3.  When you bury a card do you lose it from your deck forever?

No.  When you bury a card, its gone until the end of the scenario.  If you banish a card, it goes back in the "game box" (Vault) and maybe you'll find it again someday.

4.  Valeros always seems to have the exclamation mark by his icon but if he's at a different location he can't help the other characters can he?

The exclamation mark thing is sometimes flaky, but it will also let you know if you have a blessing or specific card that may help out another character.

5.  Can I fight other players?

No.

6.  Why not just go from area to area with a full group?  Why split them?

The game is mostly about "cornering" the bad guy so he can't escape.  The better you're spread out, the more likely you are to "temporarily close" locations to limit where the Villain can move to.  However, the down-side is that some characters can run into trouble when exploring by themselves.

7.  Is there a timer for the campaign?

Overall campaign?  No.  Each scenario is limited by the blessings countdown as in your question (1).  Unless you're playing with permadeath on, there really is no setback to losing.  You just need to try again.

8.  You have to set your deck up before the campaign yes?  How many cards can characters have in a deck and should we maximize that?  Do you build your deck before the campaign? (Sorry have not really built a deck yet so not sure where to go to do that).

Yes.  You have a shot to customize your deck a little when you first start.  However, most of the deck-building comes from playing scenarios and picking up new cards. It's ok to just roll with the defaults when you start and then pick up "better" cards as you get the hang of things.  As you move through the game, you'll be allowed to chose which card types you can increase on each character.

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 2

1. That is the top card of blessings deck. It normally starts with 30 cards and every time a turn ends, the top card is discarded (failing some checks like specific barriers or Villain is undefeated will also discard one or more cards from the blessings deck). If it runs out and at the start of the turn you have 0 cards there, you lose the scenario.

Its other use is regarding blessings you have in your hand. If you check the description, for all basic blessings it states that if the top card of the blessings deck has the same trait (i.e. essentially same card; it is safe to assume you don't have access to more advanced blessings yet), you can RECHARGE instead of DISCARDING that blessing instead - pretty cool thing to have. Additionally, Blessings of the Gods card can mimic the ability of the top card of the blessings deck. So, if you have BotG in your hand and you're fighting against a monster with a melee weapon played (a Strength check) AND the top card of the blessings deck is Blessing of Gorum, playing BotG will give you TWO dice instead of one.

2. No, multiplayer option is not available (yet, hopefully).

3. No, burried card is only unavailable till the end of the scenario (unless stated otherwise, there is one location which allows you to recharge all of your burried cards on closing). Banished cards, however, are gone from your deck forever.

4. It's an on-going small graphical bug, happens with pretty much any character.

5. No.

6. Splitting a party has its ups and downs - having a character in each open location lets you temporarily close most/all locations in case one encounters a Villain. On the other hand, some characters have a hard time going on their own or are simply unable to pass some checks. Most of the time, though, through carefully planning, you will split up your whole party and try to close down as many locations as you can.

7. The blessings deck is a "timer" for any given scenario - Campaign or not - (unless stated otherwise, there are some interesting scenarios). Other than that, there is no time limit or anything, so you can sit there as long as your characters are alive.

8. The deck building mostly happens during the scenario and at the end of it - you acquire new boons during the scenario, where you can use them right there and then. At the end of scenario, you are brought into a deck building screen, where you need to discard any type of cards that exceed the limit for that character. For example, if Merisel acquires a spell during the scenario, she can use the spell during it. At the end, though, she has to leave it behind in the deck builder as she can carry no spells. The amount of cards for each type and for each character depend on their base values + card feats you acquire throughout completion of scenarios. As such, even though someone like Sajan can carry no weapons at the beginning, you can increase his weapon card limit eventually, letting him carry one or even more weapons.

Continuing on that, if you have 1 spell too much on your character A and 1 spell too little on character B, you MUST move that spell from A to B so that both characters have their limits satisfied. In other words - you can't leave the after-scenario deck builder screen with any limits unfilled.

In some cases, though, you end up with less cards in your party than the limits state - that happens when you banish some type of boon(s) but never acquire new boons of that type. Then, you are given the option to pick card(s) from your Vault instead - any cards for that type of boon that you have in your vault (treasure cards included by default) up to a specific Adventure Deck count (I believe that the limit is current AD-2). So, if you completed a scenario in Adventure 4 and ended up with less cards than you can carry, you are given an option to choose from all cards you have in your vault up to Adventure Deck 2 (the small numbers on the bottom left corner of the card's art).

Hope this helps and answers all of your questions.

• Like 3

Ok!

1.  The Blessing timer...I don't see any numbers just the cards.

You normally start with 30 turns.  The timer shows how many turns you have left after this one.  The Current Blessing occasionally has an effect on banes, or allows you to recharge certain blessings when played instead of discarding them.

m92fxVYl.jpg

2.  I finished a campaign so was able to swap some cards around and noticed some were glowing green with and exclamation mark on it...what does that mean?

Those are cards you acquired during the scenario.  Nothing particularly special.  They're just new boons that you picked up while playing.  That is the main "deck-building" part of the game where you start deciding which new cards to keep, and which get sent back to the Vault (possibly to be found again later).

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 1

Really appreciate the help!  Can you tell me why Valeros  special power only seems to work sometimes?  Can he only give one die once...seems random. 

Valero's power adds one 4-sided die (d4) to a character *at his location* that is doing a *combat check*. So it's a little specific, but it can also be very useful, specially when helping a character that is not a 'natural' at combat checks (like Lem or Lini)...

(Note that some monsters cannot be defeated with combat checks - Sirens, for example, must be defeated with Wisdom checks...)

Best!

Mauricio

• Like 1

Really appreciate the help!  Can you tell me why Valeros  special power only seems to work sometimes?  Can he only give one die once...seems random. 

He should automatically give the d4 bonus to any other character making a combat check at his location.

It shouldn't, for instance, work if the characters are split, or if you are rolling something other than a combat check.  Is there a specific situation where you would expect that it works, but isn't?