Help needed for localization (HU)

Hello All,

we started to translate the game into Hungarian some months ago now, but sometimes we'd need some help to be able to find the best general words. That's because I open this topic.

Maybe you can give some advice?

Right now I found this:

"Keys of lead. Books of burden. Queens that were. Known to me are they, the Leaden Key." Maerwald

Is there any important reason why the factions is named like this? Or Maerwald is just playing with the word?

I mean leaden key in Hungarian sounds a bit ridiculous, so after some research we changed it to something like "Grim Origin".

After 100 hours I didn't finish the story yet, and the Pillars wiki doesn't give a clue.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Hungarian localization in progress  :w00t:

The Leaden Key doesn't tell you why they're named the way they are, but the idea behind a Leaden Key is that you stick it in a lock, and then the lock can never be opened again.  Because lead is soft and pliable, so it would break.  It has to do with them destroying secrets.  Key breakers, lock smashers, secret eaters would be appropriate.

Thaos actually alludes to this when he says something is "sealed with a leaden key."

Grim origin would actually be very inappropriate for the group, for reasons you'll see later.

Edited by anameforobsidian
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

We are close, the translation is almost finished, only 9% proofreading is to be done, after that we can start to test, huzzaah!!  :dancing:

I already checked the texts in the game a bit and noticed that there are "missing gui xxxx" messages to see in dialogues, in the options, in the personal story, and who knows where else.

Maybe someone knows where they come from and how to fix them? Are they some sort of indexing mistakes?

Here is a picture.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Edit: omg, I hust see that my last post is exactly one year old, this is crazy! :D

Edited by warg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello All! :)

We had a minor setback, because we were working with an older version of the game and as we compared it with the newest we got loads of new text to translate. But now we are finished and started the testing phase. :D

There are a few things we cannot fix, so I would ask you for some help.

- does anyone know where is the Kickstarter picture located, which appears at we start the game? We would like to translate that as well, but we didn't fine it in the 'localization' folder.

- the beautiful initials are often working also with special characters, but sometimes the colour is different or sometimes it is not appearing correctly.

We can change the texts to avoid Á, É, Ö, Ő, Í, Ü, Ű and Ú if needed, but maybe there is a way to support them?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I fear some of the stuff are in the assets and you need a unity tool to extract them. Its not that easy to replace that stuff.

If you (or anyone here) could give a few hints how to do that I could forward the info for the others in our team. Luckily we have some programmers on board. :)

Thanks!