How do I shovel the cards?

A fair amount of it is going to depend on your party. Amiri buries a card to activate her Rage. Scenario 4.3 requires you to bury a card from your hand every time you gain a spell (and there's an extra spell card in every location deck), but this isn't super easy if you're not running mages.

If you're willing to get the challenge without playing naturally, then you're best bet is to play a quick solo session with Amiri. Rage every chance you get. You'll probably die before you bury 15 cards, unless you obtain a lot of boons, but you can just run another round. There's probably a better option, but that's the obvious one that comes to mind if you want to just straight up grind it.

• Like 1

Load up Quest mode, make a party of 6 and keep playing a few games until you see an area called Mountain Peak. That area requires a Wisdom 6 check at the beginning of every turn for every character, and when you fail the check, you bury a card. Place all 6 characters on this spot and you will complete the Shovel The Cards in no time. It's actually amusing to do...

Can't say about wildcard powers, but for me only the main menu counter updated. The rest of the challenge went without problems.

If you played far enough Scenario 4.5 Into the Mountains is one that contains the Mountain Peak. That way you are not reliant on the random generator.

• Like 1

Can't say about wildcard powers, but for me only the main menu counter updated. The rest of the challenge went without problems.

If you played far enough Scenario 4.5 Into the Mountains is one that contains the Mountain Peak. That way you are not reliant on the random generator.

Another note, cards with an optional Bury, such as the Orb of Frost, Wand of Force Missiles, or Wand of Scorching Ray, where you can recharge it, do NOT count if you intentionally bury it without trying to recharge it.  When it gives you the option to bury or recharge, if you tap Bury, it won't count.

Play the Adventure 4 scenario The Black Tower. It includes the Mountain Peak, and at Legendary difficulty, you bury a card every time you acquire a boon. Especially if you have a few of those bury-for-effect cards (like Father Zantus, Emerald Codex, Revalation Quill) to play, you'll probably complete the challenge in one playthrough.

• 3 months later...

Unfortunately, the game still seems to be burdened by bugs, one year after the release. Orb of Frost doesn't count as a buried card for the "Shovel the Cards" objective (happened twice already to me) and the buried card from Faceless Stalker's ability also doesn't count for that objective. Unless I am missing something the buried cards in both occasions should count toward the total 15.

Another problem I faced was that 2 heroes died in the 5.4 so when I completed the 5th campaign they did not receive the card feat. I haven't played for a long time and I don't remember if the bug I encountered last summer when heroes were down was this one, or if the heroes couldn't get the upgrade even if I did the entire campaign from the start. I haven't tried yet a second playthrough of the campaign, but I hope it works next time I complete it.

Edited by Narkon27