Game crashes when I try to load a preexisting party

Ripe

Question

Once again, I have an issue when trying to load and continue playing with an existing party. I don't know if I can start a new one with new characters since I have 24 characters saved at this point.

I know I can temporarily solve this issue by uninstalling and reinstalling the game but that is starting to became annoying real fast considering it will be 4th (or maybe even 5th) time I had to reinstall the game due to various issues... 

PFID: BDD5DDFA710115D5

7 answers to this question

So, when you uninstall and reinstall, how are you not losing all of your saved data, etc.? I'd like to try the same thing, but have 22 chars in story mode and 2 saved games and also hvnt been able to play either since the latest patch back in December.

(I've documented all this on a separate thread)

Well, simple restarting of the tab solved most of the problem... now I can start almost all preexisting parties. The one I cannot start is the last one I created.

I'll try deleting that one later and then rebuild.

UPDATE: Deleting party doesn't fix the issue... it actually make it worse. The attempt to rebuild a party crashed tablet so badly I needed to pull out battery in order to restart it.

Edited by Ripe

The party I deleted (final one I tried) was rather unbalanced and consisted of 6 spellcasters (trying something new) and 4 of those are character alts (Ezren, Seoni, Kyra and Seelah) with Lem & Lini being the only "basic" characters.

I'll try to check what are the names game gave them but last time I tried to open party creation game crashed so I might not be able to. If it helps, since it's new party I only managed to complete Brigandoon while all the other parties (and characters in them) reached AD6.

UPDATE: I can't create new party since my game crashes when I choose an option to build a new party without ever reaching character selection screen (which also mean I can't tell what the names of each character is). Continuing existing party work as it should and I can play with all of the parties I have created.

Edited by Ripe

Not the exact same circumstances, but definitely a simiar problem. I can "continue" a game, but if I click on "story" and select a party it drops me out of the game. It doesn't completely crash it (on iOS) because double clicking give me the game still in the list of open apps. But it kicks me to the system screen. Explicitly killing and reopening the app doesn't help.

This has happened before and gone away, but i don't know what fixed it to try it again.

I also have a sync problem with a -different- group than the one I'm trying to start, no idea if it's related.