Lost All Purchases

gumrucker

Question

I purchased the RotRL bundle when the game first came out. Played for a while then picked it back up after a few more chapters were released, and stepped away again.

Over the holiday I thought I'd pick it back up again, for the festivities, but all my purchases and progress are gone!

All the content from the RotRL bundle, (characters, adventures,etc) all the cards, and dice I had unlocked, and my progress through the game are gone!

I don't think it's the 'Morgiv' bug, as I hadn't adventured that far into the story.

Any suggestions or remedies would be great, as A) I'd like to play the new chapters, and B) that's $25+ down the drain.

I can provide screenshots or account ID as needed.

Edit: The appropriate info from the issue reporting sticky

General (For all issues)

What device type are you on? Android

What version of the OS are you running? 6.0.1

What model is the device? Galaxy S7

What is your PFID#? 4BD3527655FF8E30

Edited by gumrucker

21 answers to this question

I had the same problem.  it seems like it had something to do with the release of AD5.

I submitted a ticket, and that needed my iOS and my game ID, and my paypal receipt.

I had to submit the ticket through obsidian support.  The technical part of this...  as in, not these forums, which are more the pathfinder side.

They fixed it very quickly, but I did not get my card back.

BUT FAIR WARNING!

When AD6 came out, EVERYTHING was restored.

My old cards and dice, everything.

BUT i LOST all the new stuff I had gained...  it was like my account was rolled back.

I was given 5 chests as a "sorry" when that happened...  in my opinion, it was a win.

Edited by Darkren

You have to write a mail to support@obisidian.net - you might get help here, too, but that's more or less inofficial (just the devs prowling these forums and being generally nice and awesome people); that mail address is the official way to contact support, as far as I gathered.

Edit: ninja'd - two replies in the time it took me to type mine :D

Edited by Thyraxus
  • Like 2

You have to write a mail to support@obisidian.net - you might get help here, too, but that's more or less inofficial (just the devs prowling these forums and being generally nice and awesome people); that mail address is the official way to contact support, as far as I gathered.

Edit: ninja'd - two replies in the time it took me to type mine :D

Dumb question: Isn't this how I contact obsidian support? As this forum is where the "Support" button under settings to me.

support@obsidian.net

You'll be helped by pretty much the same devs that cruise the forums.  Email is just an alternate way to contact them.

You may also try: support@obsidian.net

Many thanks!

Does anyone have a guesstimate on the turnaround time for support@obsidian.net?

I sent an email, and kinda expected at least an automated email back.

I hate to sound impatient, but I do want to play the new chapters, (that I already paid for)

Edited by gumrucker

So, a new wrinkle/clue to my problem:

I go check my Nexus tablet (which I have not turned on in a while), and my purchases are there, and I have a different pfid, and number next to my username. I go to get pen and paper to write down the different (yet presumably correct) info, and the tablet has updated the "Google play services" app. I restart Pathfinder, login to Google play using the exact same Google account, and now my purchases on my tablet are also missing, and the pfid and username # matches that on my phone.

So I'm thinking it's a wonky interaction with Google play. It's the same Google play account, but generated a new Pathfinder ID for some reason.

Any thoughts on how to access the "right" account?

Edited by gumrucker

You find very interesting (and really bothersome) bugs... congrats?

if customer service is busy you can try to send personal message to

http://forums.obsidian.net/user/154743-aarik-d/

Or

http://forums.obsidian.net/user/93574-stormbringergt/

Your account problem goes beyond average it seems. So the dev themselves may be your only hope.

• Like 1

Howdy ho!

I hope you're doing splendid and have a moment to help me out!

The issue I've faced is rather odd.

I linked my main Android profile with the Steam Obsidian Edition days(!) ago, and everything went just fine. I bought a PC game version and linked my profiles in order to get more ingame benefits only, I intend to play on my Android device ONLY.

But after days of smooth and productive play weird stuff has taken place, all of a sudden. I logged in as usual, and had been taken into a blank profile.

My Google Games Profile (read: google mailbox) is the same, but the PathfInder Account and my PFID now differ in numbers. It used to be Raisty #5562 and PFID-E1CF77119F390145. Now the blank one is Raisty #4790 and PFID-710B25AFC1768E46.

I logged into my PC Steam account, and my real (Raisty #5562) account is in there and doing fine (well, at least for now).

I have enormous (!!) amount of money at my profile, around 150 chests, all the top content stuff, 5 high end parties and so on...

I've tried reloading, restarting, reinstalling the mobile app - neither works.

Any idea how do I get it back?

I'm afraid to lose ot all, trying to link my desktop profile to my new android profile. Btw I'm not even sure it's quite possible.

Would you be so kind to help me out?

p.s. Steam profile seems to work fine and all the stuff is still in there, including gold, cards, purchases, even characters and parties. But the tragedy is that I CAN and DO play on a mobile Android device only. I totally have to sort this thing out, I have to make it work again. I've already been offline for more than a week.

p.p.s. I sent this message both to MrBishop (since the issue is migration-related, obviously) and to Obsidian Support team 8 days ago, but haven't received any answer on the topic. You guys must have been really busy, and it's all fine and cool by me, the pity is that I do not play PA since that moment and want to be sure that I'm actually being heard

When the user Name get changed the only way to fix is to make that contact. It has to be handled in the server side like the case above. They really seems to be busy because there has not been much activity in these forums and normally the devs make appearance in here from time to time. So it will take some time. The memory problem requires a lot of work to fix.

What I am more worried is why crumruckers post was not in their email... spamfilter or something else? How Many other post has not arrived to Obsidian support? That is bad because it causes that some cases get newer handled.

I hope that Obsidian support would in future send confirmation email back that the email has arrived. It can be automatic system like most web shops do. It will quarantee that the email will get its destination and sender does not have to wonder if it did arrive or not.

It's been 2 weeks already.

Still, there're no answer given neither from Obsidian Support, nor from the forum developers team.

Faced total profile wipe and inability to play @ mobile device for 2 weeks straight.

Dunno why did I even bother to pay for a obsidian Edition.

Lost interest. Thanks.