What you did today

Gorth

New guy at work. Probably should interact with him some time. Even if he is Scottish and has a beard

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Probably. He looks like the kind of hipster to do that

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Keeping head down among politics between new hire and bosses. Need to inform new hire that she's not making friends among those above her because she keeps jumping to conclusions about ****.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Tired. The missus wanted to stay up late listening to 90s music (mostly Nirvana and Metallica) and watching TNG

Not seeing the Riker and Metallica mashup potential.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Suffering a bit of self inflicted pain this week. Started in a gym again. The exercise bike is nice enough, but rediscovering long lost muscles which didn't seem too thrilled about being prodded back into life through the Inquisitorial Torture Apparatuses ? Well... :sweat:

Yeah, it's boring as hell, but it was necessary. This old body needs to get fit again. With 24/7 access I can come and go as I please, even when working long hours. Currently taking it "easy" with just 3 visits weekly (Monday/Wednesday/Fridays).

• Like 4

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Suffering a bit of self inflicted pain this week. Started in a gym again. The exercise bike is nice enough, but rediscovering long lost muscles which didn't seem too thrilled about being prodded back into life through the Inquisitorial Torture Apparatuses ? Well... :sweat:

Yeah, it's boring as hell, but it was necessary. This old body needs to get fit again. With 24/7 access I can come and go as I please, even when working long hours. Currently taking it "easy" with just 3 visits weekly (Monday/Wednesday/Fridays).

One pedal at a time :)

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Every time I join a gym they rip me off when I try to leave. Last time they 'hadn't gotten my email'. If I can find one where I don't have to sign a contract the size of the Maastricht treaty  for something as simple as access to their facilities I should probably go.

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Every time I join a gym they rip me off when I try to leave. Last time they 'hadn't gotten my email'. If I can find one where I don't have to sign a contract the size of the Maastricht treaty  for something as simple as access to their facilities I should probably go.

Gym and a routine must become a lifestyle choice, if you not committed and make these types of excuses then rather not go :)

I have been making excuses to go to gym the last 6 months but started last week but I injured my muscle while rowing. I have been in such pain but its getting better now so maybe I'll take 1 week off

Next time I intend to warm up properly   :geek:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Every time I join a gym they rip me off when I try to leave. Last time they 'hadn't gotten my email'. If I can find one where I don't have to sign a contract the size of the Maastricht treaty for something as simple as access to their facilities I should probably go.

Gym and a routine must become a lifestyle choice, if you not committed and make these types of excuses then rather not go :)

I have been making excuses to go to gym the last 6 months but started last week but I injured my muscle while rowing. I have been in such pain but its getting better now so maybe I'll take 1 week off

Next time I intend to warm up properly :geek:

Sounds like a safe lifestyle

• Like 1

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

I would say one can benefit greatly from a workout even if it's just once or twice a week compared to nothing. That's about the extent I can muster. I'm not one of those lifestyle people. I only go because I want to, that's not an excuse,  and then the one near me closed and... now it's starting to sound like an excuse isn't it. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I've had gym memberships, but I find it is easier to just take my running shoes and yoga mat with me wherever I go and get a 30 minute workout in at some point during the day. Bit cheaper too. But yeah, it's a lifestyle choice. As you get older, it becomes more important to try and get at it regularly instead of just once or twice a week.

Tired. The missus wanted to stay up late listening to 90s music (mostly Nirvana and Metallica) and watching TNG

Not seeing the Riker and Metallica mashup potential.

our disdain for nirvana when they were an active and touring band were perhaps excessive.  smells like teen spirit gave us what we believe to be justifiable loathing for nirvana. am admitting their (not quite) unplugged mtv session changed our mind a bit.  

in any event, am final back from our easter + trip to see family and get work done in the midwest. serious need a vacation. exhausted.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

My paternal grandfather has been diagnosed with cancer. It's far along and there's not much time left. My sister still struggles with our maternal grandmother's passing last year, this won't be good for her. My father and paternal grandmother I can only imagine. I'm worried about those three the most in this.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Too much death. Condolences/sympathies, Tale.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Way too much.

My condolences, Tale. :(

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I would say one can benefit greatly from a workout even if it's just once or twice a week compared to nothing. That's about the extent I can muster. I'm not one of those lifestyle people. I only go because I want to, that's not an excuse,  and then the one near me closed and... now it's starting to sound like an excuse isn't it. 

I think you are being honest about real obstacles, I do the same thing .....especially the last 4 months when I literally found and used mostly valid reasons for not training. I packed my gym bag everyday in my car yet at 6 pm on the way home I always ended up taking a road away from one of the 3 Virgin Active gyms in my area.... I have nationwide Virgin access so that means I can train at any Virgin the country. But I always had similar reasons like 

• I had a work deadline
  • I had a dinner date or had to cook dinner for friends or family
  • traffic
  • Customer engagement 
  • Bar or club drinks
  • Insatiable desire to go somewhere or do something urgently   

:biggrin:  i came to realize after avoiding Gym for 4 months I stopped saying I couldnt go and after 2 months of not going I now am going to gym with no excuses, of course I need my injury to heal so I week of further rest  :geek:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm a creature of habit, so back when I did work out it was all about routine, routine, routine. Then one day I stopped going for and Ive never been back. I idly toss around the idea of rejoining a gym...what were once a proud set of pec's are slowly transitioning to moobs...but at least nothing jiggles when I run down the stairs. DAMN YOU OLD AGE!!! :lol:

• Like 1

My life is rarely routine, so that is why I try to just squeeze in the workouts whenever I can. For example, yesterday I had to supervise a robotics club for an hour. I don't do any actual teaching, I have High School students who come in for that and parents who run everything else. But state law requires a credentialed teacher to be present. So I took my yoga mat out to the grass in front of my classroom and went through a workout. I am sure it looked weird, but I don't care.

Dog had surgery yesterday, so got him back today and have to plan for the aftercare.

Thanks, it should be ok, they tested the lipomas and none were cancerous, but they are double checking. Other than him having a good portion of his body shaven (the skin underneath is so soft) and post surgery aching he should be back to his imperious self in 3 weeks.

• Like 1