What you did today

Gorth

The longer you wait to do anything you have anxiety or other types of misgivings about (for whatever reasons), the worst it tends to be when you finally get around to it. So if you actually have the desire to do it at some point, the sooner the better, as Gfted said.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

That sucks Calax. It's terrible to lose a friend. Hopefully you'll get some good news on the job though.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

If I had the land and money, I'd totally do this.

http://www.acredesigns.com/

Acre_Origin_B1-566x325.jpg

Too little cover from gunmen.

A house is seldom a good choice for a "last stand". If they were after me I'd booby trap the house. Probably a chemical fuse on an interior door to a potassium nitrate device in a closet on the main wall. That way it will take the whole house down. Meanwhile I'd grab my rifle and a bug out bag and head for the back country.

If you actually had to worry about that kind of thing that's the way I'd go.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

@Raithe, are things still somewhat friendly with the mother? I think you need to go through her first, to be honest. Make sure she is comfortable with it and it will make things a lot less awkward for everybody.

• Like 1

If I had the land and money, I'd totally do this.

http://www.acredesigns.com/

Acre_Origin_B1-566x325.jpg

Too little cover from gunmen.

A house is seldom a good choice for a "last stand". If they were after me I'd booby trap the house. Probably a chemical fuse on an interior door to a potassium nitrate device in a closet on the main wall. That way it will take the whole house down. Meanwhile I'd grab my rifle and a bug out bag and head for the back country.

If you actually had to worry about that kind of thing that's the way I'd go.

To be honest, that's only my more expensive, double back-up dream home. As stated earlier, I'd like an Eichler.

Apparently, the first new Eichler's in over forty years are being built in Palm Springs and Vegas.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Very classy!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I grew up in an Eichler before they were trendy.   :p

As did my old high school cross-country/track & field arch-nemesis/frenemy. I grew up in a bigger house but damn...that open space, sunlight -- bringing the outside in concept. Very appealing. The idea that as soon as you walk in through the front door, you're outside in a central atrium. Eichler-Envy probably drove me to want to destroy his times.

Retro Eichler.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Time hasn't healed the bad blood I take it? Sorry to hear that.

Yeah, it's just weird. She kept telling me that they (my parents and sisters) are good people and I can trust them, but it seems to me you shouldn't have to repeat such mantras if they are actually true. They still don't seem very willing to accept my wife for who she is, so I'm not sure how much progress can be made. Ah well, it was a nice drama free break for a couple years, I suppose. 

• Like 4

Spoke to a friend today about fixing a car for my coworker, netting him some much needed money. "What the actual **** dude, he's a sandnigger!"

The guy's born and raised in Sweden, speaks better Swedish than my racist friend and has an taxpaying job contributing to society. So much for his rants about only disliking "bad immigrants".

Well, 600$ less for my friend and a really, really awkward saying goodbye to my coworker. Not looking forward to monday.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Changed the tyres from winter to summer edition™ at last.

Too early for me yet, I'm going to change in a couple of weeks at the earliest. I'm using friction tyres so I don't have to worry about the date really, but I sort of want to wear out these ****ty friction ones so I can motivate buying new studded ones next winter.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Yeah, it's just weird. She kept telling me that they (my parents and sisters) are good people and I can trust them, but it seems to me you shouldn't have to repeat such mantras if they are actually true. They still don't seem very willing to accept my wife for who she is, so I'm not sure how much progress can be made. Ah well, it was a nice drama free break for a couple years, I suppose. 

we sympathize. other than for family, hate is a word we rare use without indulging hyperbole.  have spent more o' our genuine anger 'pon family than on the totality o' cultists, ganbangers and white supremists we has represented over the years.  is a terrible admission. 

our life is full o' petty regrets, but our failure to make peace with a few members o' our immediate family is one o' the few failures for which we indulge in true self-condemnation. it is easy to forgive good people. doesn't take much effort to grant mercy to those who deserve absolution, yes? 

we got no special insights.  we know with absolute certainty our anger at family is/was justified.  we is right.  even so, we regret.  

good luck.

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Congrats... Doctor (almost)!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

This Fall or next Spring is my hope ... I actually have started reading non-fiction again that has nothing to do with the OCD journey called a PhD! :)

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Did taxes, got a pretty big refund, which wil go right into savings :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What's the problem with your wife?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Hey, I'm pretty bored. You guys wanna hear a super disturbing but 100% true story?

EDIT: Seems no one's online right now. Good news for you guys, that spared you from my story.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

is it actually 100% true

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I will leave out some important details, but what I tell you guys is 100% accurate; even if some things are left out.

I have two older brothers. The oldest, I've talked about before. He's crazy and tried to kill me. Now, I've never mentioned the details or how I survived, but it was due to the intervention of the middle brother; let's call him, "Bob". 

Anyway, "Bob" is superior to me in every possible way. He's smarter than me, more likeable than me, more fit than me, everything. In fact, he is almost unnaturally good at just about everything. Heck, he's almost as good as me at video games, and he barely plays them (keep in mind I've played games at the professional level). It's really weird how he's practically better than everyone at everything.

When he was 17 he joined the military. Due to his gifts, when he was deployed (twice) into Afghanistan he was given a lot of responsibility, went on WAY more missions than normal, has a zillion medals, and was given special access to classified information. Seriously, my mom and my brother were interviewed by the FBI who asked them about his character and asked if he could be trusted. I was never asked for some reason.

"Bob" is also married with a child. At two years old it had become clear that she is a special needs child. This was a huge factor in "Bob's" decision to leave the military. You may be wondering, "What's creepy about this story?" Well, here it comes.

"Bob" was rising in the ranks faster than normal. There are certain limits he couldn't reach until he had spent more time in the military, I don't know why, but that is the situation. If he had stayed in the military I am completely sure he would've ended up VERY high rank. Back in the day growing up we were both interested in politics. I was rightwing, he was leftwing. I don't know what the military did to him, but HE IS A FULL BLOWN NAZI now. 

I am NOT a leftist. I do not accuse people of this without due cause. This is not hyperbole. He is a nazi. A "moderate" nazi, but a nazi none-the-less (he wants to "red-pill" me on the J-Q). Also, according to him, and I've no reason to doubt him, a lot of the people of a similar position as him have similar views and are almost as radical as he is.

So uh... A nazi almost got extremely high rank in the most powerful military in the world, and according to him a lot of people who will have massive sway in like 20 years are borderline nazis.

Neat, huh?

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I don't really know anything about American politics, so I'm probably missing lots of background info here but... I guess your talented brother just fell in with a bad crowd?

What exactly does he believe? He wants to kill Jewish people?