What you did today

Gorth

So, Tuesday before going home, something happened and I had an allergic reaction. It was at work so I don't know what did it to me. Now sitting around the house I've got itchy eyes and I'm constantly sneezing.

So... Allergy. Please tell me you aren't related to my cat that I've had for 3 years (and more) without issue?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Ah, 4 AM, that beautiful time when people living in adjacent apartments have babies and you have to suffer with them. I'm a bit surprised that these fresh parents have taken to loudly yelling "shut up" at their newborn in the middle of the night, though.

*grumblegrumbleaccidentallyleaveitintherefrigeratorsowecanallbehappygrumblegrumble*

• Like 2

So, Tuesday before going home, something happened and I had an allergic reaction. It was at work so I don't know what did it to me. Now sitting around the house I've got itchy eyes and I'm constantly sneezing.

So... Allergy. Please tell me you aren't related to my cat that I've had for 3 years (and more) without issue?

Beginning of spring time maybe?

I'm feeling it too every once in a while since a couple of weeks now.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Beginning of spring time maybe?

I'm feeling it too every once in a while since a couple of weeks now.

This should hopefully be it, but I do not envy you guys with allergies, especially when the trees really start to bloom hardcore.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Wondered who thought The End would be a good song for the radio in the morning

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Iirc, youre living in a new state? Maybe the faux Spring has bloomed something you didn't know you were allergic to?

My coworker is allergic to everything, just up to the very air he breathes. :lol: Poor bastage, hes always miserable through the Spring and Summer and so happy for the first freeze of Winter.

Iirc, youre living in a new state? Maybe the faux Spring has bloomed something you didn't know you were allergic to?

My coworker is allergic to everything, just up to the very air he breathes. :lol: Poor bastage, hes always miserable through the Spring and Summer and so happy for the first freeze of Winter.

That seems to be the case. But to cap it all off, on top of the new allergies, I have a legit headcold that's been making the rounds at the office.

Also, was supposed to hear back about a job today. They interviewed the last person and were to make a decision about who got this job (Moving from Cars to Trucks for rentals)... Hope this goes well.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Good luck Calax!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Best of luck, man! =)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

My birthday was yesterday. Went to work, went out to eat, went for a walk in the dark. That's how it goes.

Signed up for a writing group today. I didn't know there was one so close.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Happy belated birthday Tale.

I've loaded up a new Skyrim character. Archery only. No enchanted items of any kind, no magic, no melee, and no armor. This one relies on stealth, strategy and agility. Let's see how this plays.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

My son has his first hockey class today. I've been working with him on skating since the summer, so hopefully he is ready. I may be more nervous than him. :p

That's exciting! How old is he?

He is six. He did great, I had no reaon to worry. I have been taking him skating for weeks and he was hesitant to skate without me holding his hand, but once he got out with other kids he had no problem. He got off the ice with a big smile after a good hour of work. He also was following directions from the coaches, which is more than I can say for half the kids. :p

• Like 3

Happy belated birthday, Tale :)

Happy belated Birthday Tale.

Also, congrats Hurl on surviving to one of those milestones. Or is that on keeping your kid alive to reach those milestones? ;)

I went with a relatively escapist Sunday of reading and listening to music after the struggles of insomnia. Trying to distract myself from a few circular thought patterns before the week starts anew and the various things get juggled.

Realised it's actually been a couple of months since I've had any meaningful conversations with anyone. That slightly weird realisation that the handful of local friends in the area share pretty much none of my interests and have all been engaged with babies/new kids, marriages, work and holidays. That and I've had the automatic slide into "polite, friendly, charming" mode whenever I've left the house and had to deal with general acquaintances and people at large.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Realised it's actually been a couple of months since I've had any meaningful conversations with anyone. That slightly weird realisation that the handful of local friends in the area share pretty much none of my interests and have all been engaged with babies/new kids, marriages, work and holidays. That and I've had the automatic slide into "polite, friendly, charming" mode whenever I've left the house and had to deal with general acquaintances and people at large.

Yeah, I've been reluctant to meet many of my old friends that are interested in such things, it gets pretty annoying when their partners assume that I've just had bad luck and don't have any interest in those things, and try to impress my friends by being "nice" to me and wanting me to hook up with their single friends.

Then again it's fun to watch their faces when their brains go into bluescreen after I tell them I don't want girl/boyfriend and definetly not babies. :D

It did feel kind of nice when one exclaimed "But you're so damn handsome!".

The only babies I want is Obsidians babies. Though I'm a man, so that's not possible, but I doubt they'd feel happy about me wanting to come in Obsidian, might seem rude. :S

Boo. :)

Just dropping in to say hello. Nice to see so many of the familiar faces around and that the forum itself is still here.

I sorta lost interest in gaming and the internet in general for a while, plus life got really busy, lost a few family members, hubby had a few serious health issues, etc. (he turned 50 last year, jeez, time flies...).

We bought another house that we were planning to retire into a while back but now we're having second thoughts re: location and workload to fix it up. It's a nice house tho, on an acre, with an Eichler-influenced giant open living area w/vaulted ceilings and near to some of hubby's family to boot. Driving back and forth from Bay Area up North is becoming a serious chore, however. We'll see.

... life is settling a bit recently and we're doing pretty good at the moment. Started getting a bit back into the 'net stuff during trips up North where there's not much else to do at night in a largely empty house, heh. Anyhoo, cheers all. :cat:

• Like 11
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, look who decided to visit and class the place up a bit. Hello Lady C. Been too long away.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell