My Suggestions List

Actually, these aren't suggestions so much as they are things on your to-do list, thats because I'm absolutely right.

1) Animations. My biggest problem with KOTOR is that it got boring to watch *really* fast. Now if you just sit and let two Jedi duke it out it was pretty neat. Some kicks thrown in, lots of back and forth, ducking and jumping and weaving, it was pretty entertaining. I understand that in KOTOR2 there will be more animations the further your skill progresses (it was this way in #1 as well I believe, but maybe not to the same extent). Thats not where the problem was, the problem was in skills. If you used flurry, critical strike, or any special skill it was the EXACT same EVERY single time. Its pretty simple to fix this.

First add say maybe on animation for each level of these skills. Then let the game randomly pick from one of those three plus the three (or more preferably) from your regular skill in x-saber-type wielding. That should give you as few as 6 animations by the end of the game, much better than ONE. To show the skill is being used just make the hands or arms or something glow much like they do for flurry now.

2) Fix the evil path, this is a gimme as it was really bad. The Sith Academy teaches that battle without gain is lost or something like that. Well in KOTOR almost every case of being evil consists of randomly killing for usually nothing in return. Thats not evil. Evil is working for slavers to catch tribals. Then getting caught sleeping with some random ho and being forced into slavery. Then you sell that girl into slavery for money. Then you kill the slavers guild for money and loot. Thats evil. (from Fallout 2, play that for instructions on being evil) The basic concept is that being evil keeps things 'simple'. On Dantooine being evil means you cause the Romeo and Juliet situation to turn into warfare between the two families and everyone dies. But for what? You don't get lots of money. There is no awesome treasure and loot to be found. Its a bunch of lies and trickery for no gain (although it could be considered amusement). See what I'm getting at? Being evil no simple buisness.

3) On of my gripes about the first game was I constantly did stuff I didn't know I did or I didn't know why. For example in Kasshsykyksh (heh) I found this broken blade, and dead animal bodies, and I tied the bodies to a vine, then I killed this legendary beast, and found the other part to the blade, and I did all this quest stuff when I hadn't been told about any of it. Don't give the item description until you've been told the legend. Don't let the player perform all this ritual actions until they know you are supposed to. The whole game was like that. Most of the time it also ended up with finding a seemingly random starmap in some obscure part of the planet (that was just silly, you always happened to come across them by luck, and don't give a cop out answer about the force guiding you).

4) Side-games were silly and pointless. I know these are going to be addressed from E3 speeches, but make the important. Let there be some big pazaak tournament with a VERY large entry fee (it should be hard to get into) and then maybe the player can even lose! Give them some form of OPTIONAL importance. If you didn't know to save up for the tournament first time through then all the more reason to play again right? After becoming swoop champ on all the planets unlock some side-quests that only happen because someone approached 'the champ' or whatever. Optional, lots of work, big payoff - keep those three things in mind.

5) Read that thread about skills, that dude is smart, except the lightsaber being the perfect key. If you take anything to an electronic keypad the door just ain't gonna open, thats not the way it works holmes. Read that again. Destroying a keypad does NOT open the door. Ok, keep that in mind.

6) Remember my name, I'll be in the industry in 4 years (perhaps 5, if I go for the Master's) :o}

Thats it for now, but I'm gonna go play the game again and try to solo it. Need something to do after coming home for the summer you know? Expect to see another post here in a few days.

Turret Game = fun first two times. No threat of dying, slow pace, identical flight paths every time. They've already said they would expand upon this and make it optional (interested to see how, I have faith) so I'm not worried here.

Pazaak = AWESOME card game...but its pointless. Its good for the first planet to get money, after that there is either nothing to buy or you have enough cash dollars. Gotta incorporate a tournament or something.

Swoop = abyssmal graphics, it wasn't an actual race, after two or three runs you had it memorized so any 8 year old could get first place everywhere. I was hoping it would be kinda like the Episode 1 Pod Racing game (which is one of the fastest most intense racing games I've played, I still think its an awesome game)

5) Read that thread about skills, that dude is smart, except the lightsaber being the perfect key. If you take anything to an electronic keypad the door just ain't gonna open, thats not the way it works holmes. Read that again. Destroying a keypad does NOT open the door. Ok, keep that in mind.

I guess you are referring to me since I started a thread on skills and suggested the keypad idea. But I never said destroying the keypad should open the door. I said using your lightsaber to open the door should set off an alarm and/or a trap because there should be keypads in military installations. Destroying the keypad should have the same result but not open the door and you'll have to "bash" it open afterwards since you obviously can't use security on a ruined keypad. I said lightsabers were the perfect key so they needed to introduce some features that would stop people from using it to open everything.

Oh and good luck getting into the industry,

My misunderstanding. Interesting on the trap idea, I like it but most people would just take the damage and use force healing powers. Alarm part is interesting, but how often did you care about setting that off in the first game? Not too often. I think you just have to say "sorry, lightsaber can't open this door!" In Episode 1 it took a couple of minutes to get through a door and in that case it was melted, not cut. You could go with the same theory in a game I suppose, door is too thick to just hack a doorway through.

Sometimes you have to make a decision to better the game that may not make complete sense within the game world - such as why do vibroblades not get cut to shreads by a lightsaber? They just don't, thats why.

My misunderstanding. Interesting on the trap idea, I like it but most people would just take the damage and use force healing powers. Alarm part is interesting, but how often did you care about setting that off in the first game? Not too often. I think you just have to say "sorry, lightsaber can't open this door!"

I also advocated massive amounts more damage from mines. Or the door trap can be a special electric field that seriously f's you up. Also said the alarm should spawn in extra enemies that give no XPs and no items. Also suggested making combat difficult in KOTOR 2 unlike KOTOR1. :) There was also a lot of debate on whether or not force heal should be nerfed but nothing decisive. :)

2) Fix the evil path, this is a gimme as it was really bad. The Sith Academy teaches that battle without gain is lost or something like that. Well in KOTOR almost every case of being evil consists of randomly killing for usually nothing in return. Thats not evil.

What Master Uthar says in the tomb of Naga Sadow is 'some time u kill for no other reason than to prove u r superior' (or something like that) so that pours water on that argument!!!

But i do agree that their could be more really evil things to do! :angry:

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

1) Animations. My biggest problem with KOTOR is that it got boring to watch *really* fast. Now if you just sit and let two Jedi duke it out it was pretty neat.

well, in d20 rpg there are form feats for lightsaber combat. it would be nice to have these feats in the game- the animation would change depending on your form feat.

i would like to see the bad guys (especially the sith lords) perform some moves / actions / powers that actually aren't available to the player. that way, they'd really be unique

Dantooine being evil means you cause the Romeo and Juliet situation to turn into warfare between the two families and everyone dies. But for what?

simply because you can. no other reason. you have the power to do so. no ulterior motives... THAT my friend is evil... unfortunately it didn't really bug your companions. at least bastila should have panicked what with her knowing that you're revan and all...

4) Side-games were silly and pointless. I know these are going

you know... WHY did you actually play the game? are you a masochist or something?

way it works holmes. Read that again. Destroying a keypad does NOT open the door. Ok, keep that in mind.

yup. but i figure that one is destroying the locking mechanism- not just the keypad. i thought that was ok. what i didn't like was that you actually didn't need the security skill since it was faster to just bash everything. the skill was useless since no one complained about me cracking everything open. not a single citizen went " uh... sir. what the hell are you doing there?"

6) Remember my name, I'll be in the industry in 4 years (perhaps 5, if I go for the Master's)  :)}

umm... is that a threat? <_<

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.