Found a cool box at the local Thrift Store

I found a Pillars of Eternity Collectors Edition Box ELITE box, sealed, and signed by a bunch of people at the thrift store for 10.00$

What do I do with it? Does it come with the game? Can I play it?

Should I sell it, seems like a great game, 9/10 etc.

Any help would be appreciated...

I found a Pillars of Eternity Collectors Edition Box ELITE box, sealed, and signed by a bunch of people at the thrift store for 10.00$

What do I do with it? Does it come with the game? Can I play it?

Should I sell it, seems like a great game, 9/10 etc.

Any help would be appreciated...

Need context. What kind of games do you play? If you like Infinity Engine games such as Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, chances are this game is for you. Or even if you like KOTOR, Divinity, or RPGs in general. If that is the case, I would just wait for the next sale and purchase it for yourself, and try and sell this box online if indeed it is signed. You might get something for it. 

Need context. What kind of games do you play? If you like Infinity Engine games such as Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, chances are this game is for you. Or even if you like KOTOR, Divinity, or RPGs in general. If that is the case, I would just wait for the next sale and purchase it for yourself, and try and sell this box online if indeed it is signed. You might get something for it. 

I love RPG's. I have played Diablo, Diablo II, Star Wars, World of Warcraft, Rift, EverQuest, EverQuest II, Fallout (Original), Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout 4.

I want to know if this box I got from the thrift store comes with a game code, or copy of the game?

EDITED: Formatting

Edited by t4nk83

The collector edition includes:

Pillars of Eternity Collector's Book

As we've announced previously, we partnered with Dark Horse to bring you the Pillars of Eternity Collector's Book. Where the Prima Strategy Guide will be your go-to companion for all your walkthrough and strategy needs, the Collector's Book is there to satisfy the most hardcore lore enthusiasts. Whether your pledge included a physical copy or a digital copy, the Collector's Book is something we're sure you'll be happy with. We're very proud of it and we think Dark Horse did an amazing job bringing it to life. We'd like to share a sneak preview with you here.

The content of the book covers everything you would want to know about the world of Eora. Among the many informative chapters, you'll find detailed information on the people and gods, as well as the history of the Eastern Reach and recent events. There's even a detailed bestiary explaining the origins and habits of Eora's creatures.

Taken from the back of the book: "The Wheel of Berath spins endlessly, passing the souls of the vanquished through pillars of adra, the veins of the world, and giving them new life when they emerge again. With every journey's completion, another unfurls. With every danger averted, a new calamity looms. This is the world of Eora, where all life begins and ends at the Pillars of Eternity.

Pillars of Eternity Guidebook: Volume One paints in vivid detail the gods, monsters, cultures, factions, places, and histories of Pillars of Eternity - a definitive guide covering everything you need to know about this rich new setting, assembled by the acclaimed storytellers of Obsidian Entertainment."

Missed out on pledging for the Collector's Book? It's available for pre-order from a variety of online retailers including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Random House.

Almanac

Of the many digital-only backer rewards you'll be receiving, we'd like to present to you a few pages from the Almanac of the Eastern Reach, 2823 ai: For Colonists, Explorer, and Curiosity-Seekers. Inspired by classic games like Ultima V, we designed the Almanac as if it were written from within the game world. Our almanac happens to be penned by members of the Hand Occult.

Another lore heavy item, the Almanac contains a wealth of information. Folklore, major settlements and landmarks, local cultures, languages and expressions, a calendar of events, historical rainfall and planting dates and more can all be found within its pages.

Cloth Patches

One of our studio traditions is having cloth patches made for our games - largely perpetrated by Josh Sawyer himself. It seemed fitting to include patches as a reward for the Kickstarter.

Both the standard and elite patches are a very high quality. They're sew-on patches, and are extremely sturdy. They should stand up wonderfully to being sewn onto bags, jackets, and more. These are backer only items and come with tiers $140 and above.

Update #89: Backer Rewards.

The collector edition includes:

Pillars of Eternity Collector's Book

As we've announced previously, we partnered with Dark Horse to bring you the Pillars of Eternity Collector's Book. Where the Prima Strategy Guide will be your go-to companion for all your walkthrough and strategy needs, the Collector's Book is there to satisfy the most hardcore lore enthusiasts. Whether your pledge included a physical copy or a digital copy, the Collector's Book is something we're sure you'll be happy with. We're very proud of it and we think Dark Horse did an amazing job bringing it to life. We'd like to share a sneak preview with you here.

The content of the book covers everything you would want to know about the world of Eora. Among the many informative chapters, you'll find detailed information on the people and gods, as well as the history of the Eastern Reach and recent events. There's even a detailed bestiary explaining the origins and habits of Eora's creatures.

Taken from the back of the book: "The Wheel of Berath spins endlessly, passing the souls of the vanquished through pillars of adra, the veins of the world, and giving them new life when they emerge again. With every journey's completion, another unfurls. With every danger averted, a new calamity looms. This is the world of Eora, where all life begins and ends at the Pillars of Eternity.

Pillars of Eternity Guidebook: Volume One paints in vivid detail the gods, monsters, cultures, factions, places, and histories of Pillars of Eternity - a definitive guide covering everything you need to know about this rich new setting, assembled by the acclaimed storytellers of Obsidian Entertainment."

Missed out on pledging for the Collector's Book? It's available for pre-order from a variety of online retailers including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Random House.

Almanac

Of the many digital-only backer rewards you'll be receiving, we'd like to present to you a few pages from the Almanac of the Eastern Reach, 2823 ai: For Colonists, Explorer, and Curiosity-Seekers. Inspired by classic games like Ultima V, we designed the Almanac as if it were written from within the game world. Our almanac happens to be penned by members of the Hand Occult.

Another lore heavy item, the Almanac contains a wealth of information. Folklore, major settlements and landmarks, local cultures, languages and expressions, a calendar of events, historical rainfall and planting dates and more can all be found within its pages.

Cloth Patches

One of our studio traditions is having cloth patches made for our games - largely perpetrated by Josh Sawyer himself. It seemed fitting to include patches as a reward for the Kickstarter.

Both the standard and elite patches are a very high quality. They're sew-on patches, and are extremely sturdy. They should stand up wonderfully to being sewn onto bags, jackets, and more. These are backer only items and come with tiers $140 and above.

Update #89: Backer Rewards.

Why would someone get rid of this? Seems like a companion set and no Physical game?

Does anyone want this thing?

So I opened it, alas No game code, nothing.

Did get -

Volume 1 Game Guide (Almanac?)

A Cloth Map

A PoE Patch

A PoE Backer Patch

A Notepad

A Game Guide

Thank you guys! Ill put this stuff back in the box and on my shelf.

dude even if  it doesn't have the game I bet you that you could ebay it for way more than 10 dollars.  There is going to be some nutty RPG fanatic out there who already has the game who will throw down a decent bit of scratch to get a box, much less one signed by the whole dev team.