What broken builds are you going to make with PoE 2 Multiclassing?

Hi all,

As you probably know, Josh Sawyer is on the record saying that they're thinking about introducing some form of multiclassing in PoE 2.

What crazy builds are you going to make under the new system?

I'm assuming it's going to work according to D&D 3rd edition rules rather than 2nd edition, so please make suggestions with the following assumptions:

– At level up, you can level up in one of two classes

– You can choose to level a class at any level (e.g. Fighter 9 > Wizard 1->2->3 > Fighter 10)

– Assume a level cap of level 22 to start with, though it'll prolly be higher in the real thing.

– Assume all class's innate abilities are all affected by scaling to some extent. For example, Sneak attack might start at 30%, then increase by 7-8% per level invested in Rogue. Likewise, Carnage damage starts off much smaller/lower damage but gets better and its area gets wider with more investment.

– Who knows what's going to happen with spellcasting classes after they get 8th level spells? 9th Level Spells? Spellmaking...!?

The first things coming on mind are cipher with carnage and barbarian with chants. But I guess getting multiple class signature stuff won't be allowed?

If so than a cipher with golden gaze and just enough wizard levels for blast and penetrating blast for the uber focus gain.

Edited by MaxQuest

Supercharger and -disabler: Flagellanth's Path, Charge, Force of Anguish, Knockdown, Stunning Blows, Skyward Kick, Clear Out, Armored Grace, Swift Strikes...

What about the Long Pain with carnage?

Turning Wheel + Lightning Strikes + Greater Wildstrike + Wild strike Belt + Blood Testament. 50% lash + 40% lash + 25% lash 10% lash.

Turning Wheel + Lightning Strikes + FoD + Intense Flames + Scion of Flame + Long Pain.

Shapeshifting backstab rogue. Superhigh base damage + up to 300% weapon damage + 40%+10% lash + some nice Full Attacks.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

From what I understand, the PoE2 team is acutely aware they'll have to make some classes less front-loaded.  As long as they do a good job with that, then the combinations people are talking about would be interesting without necessarily becoming overpowered.  On the other hand, it would be a lot of fun to play a PoE1 wizard with carnage...

From what I understand, the PoE2 team is acutely aware they'll have to make some classes less front-loaded.  As long as they do a good job with that, then the combinations people are talking about would be interesting without necessarily becoming overpowered.  On the other hand, it would be a lot of fun to play a PoE1 wizard with carnage...

Yeah, I suspect we'll either not get multiclassing, or we'll get multiclassing but all existing classes will be significantly rebalanced in the sequel. I can't see any way that simply adding multiclassing to the current system won't end up with horrendously overpowered builds. I'm not talking Kensai/Mage levels of overpowered, I am talking builds which make the Kensai/Mage seem weak.