The Harpy dilemma

ObfuZcate

Question

So I did have lock up problems with the harpy and harpy monks on normal mode. Today I encountered a regular harpy in legendary and the harpy wouldn't leave my screen and all interaction buttons just vanished. So I ended the mission and rebooted. Now the first card of any adventure I play pulls an invisible card that does not reduce the deck number AND there are no card options available to play. When I abort the mission a harpy appears briefly on top of the location deck while the time expends. So, in a nutshell, I cannot play the game.

7 answers to this question

Same with me. The problem you describe happens whenever I try to play in story mode. At the same time, in quest mode when I beat a game, it always tries to give my characters two card feats which messes up the character' level progression and ends with me being stuck on the level up screen. So yeah, basic this game is unplayable or me, never had so many problems with a game before.

I had a similar lock up problem, it would not let my other character roll to avoid being moved. So I forfited to get out of the lock and now the Harpy monk is in my inventory!!!!

I could remove it by going to the view all cards option upon leaving a mission the dragging it down. But super odd

Has anyone who is getting this problem updated to the new update and still had the problem?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Have you tried putting in in your deck when the card persists as a work around for now?  That seems to have worked for some people.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/90070-harpy-monk-card-persists/?do=findComment&comment=1870659

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/90911-ghlorofaex-part-of-characters-deck/

I got it to work! If you don't see the card in your hand, try this:

1. You need to see the Harpy Monk card and not have it be invisible. For me, I had to go back to the main menu and press Continue to see it.

2. Hit Forfeit. The card should still be visible.

3. Drag the card into your hand. You will then be able to discard it.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The problem first occurred prior to the current update. I have since updated and the problem still exists.

Harpy monk was added to one of my character decks. I dragged it out of the deck in the 'manage decks' function. Now I don't see it at all. But when I explore, the card I encounter is invisible.