Priest dispositions on hirelings, does it matter?

Hireling Priest's Holy Radiance base damage is affected only by his character level. Specifically:

lvl 1: 30

lvl 2: 30

lvl 3: 30

lvl 4: 40

lvl 7: 50

lvl 10: 60

lvl 13: 70

lvl 16: 80

• Like 1

Hireling Priest's Holy Radiance base damage is affected only by his character level. Specifically:

lvl 1: 30

lvl 2: 30

lvl 3: 30

lvl 4: 40

lvl 7: 50

lvl 10: 60

lvl 13: 70

lvl 16: 80

I didn't even know it scaled with level...

Basically an endgame priest NPC has the same holy radiance as a 5 points favorable disposition, isn't it ?

I didn't even know it scaled with level...

Basically an endgame priest NPC has the same holy radiance as a 5 points favorable disposition, isn't it ?

Yeap, it scales. As for base damage:

Level 16 hireling: 80

Level 16 MC: 80 + bonus_per_disposition * (favorable_dispositions - negative_dispositions)

Iirc bonus_per_disposition = 16

Edited by MaxQuest

Also - slightly offtopic, but how does an NPC paladin's faith and conviction scaling stack up vs a PC's?

odd

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/85411-faith-convictions-now-still-always/

npc hireling has same base faith and convictions as a main character paladin: +4 deflection/+8 all other defenses.  however, hirelings have faith and convictions modified by level as 'posed to disposition: +1/+2 every 5 levels. thus at level 15 an npc hireling will reach +7/+14 for faith and convictions.

faith and convictions for a main character paladin, as you can see from the linked thread, is suffering rather peculiar math.  for purposes o' faith and convictions and priestly holy radiance, dispositions max at 3 even though your character record sheet allows you to reach 4 in a disposition.  as such, with 2 relevant paladin dispositions, there is six total opportunities to modify the base +4/+8 faith and convictions bonus to defenses. +.8/+1.6.  a main character paladin will therefore be able to achieve +8/+17.  as such there is not a large gulf 'tween main paladin faith and convictions bonuses and hierling, although a main character will likely max out dispositions far earlier than level 15, which is when a hireling finally achieves their ultimate faith and convictions upgrade.

HA! Good Fun! 

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)