Counting on gear and rogue passives to give me my damage, I want a somewhat durable rogue that swaps between bow and dual weilding somethings. 

So,  human

Mig 10

Con 8

Dex 18

Perc 18

Int 8

Res 16

Debating dropping int 2 more for an even 10 con but whatever, will likely be playing totally by the rule of cool meaning get abilities I enjoy for fun, flashier the better, plus quick swap.

What custom group would you suggest? I am attempting something that does a lot of auto-ing and supports this sucker as much as possible to help him shine. 

Take classes that provide a lot of different CC options. They will provide the afflictions needed for sneak attack and deathblows while at the same time this will prevent enemies from attacking your rouge.

Classes like wizard, druid and cipher. Those are no good auto attackers though.

The monk with Force of Anguish, paired with Enervating Blows can push a single enemy towards your rogue, disabling him for a long time via Probe and also weakening him, triggering Deathblows for your rogue to finish the enemy off. It's a nice tandem.

Priest has some awesome buffs which are also great for rogues.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Fighters can get 3 knockdowns per encounter by level 2 (also helps deathblows and can be used right away in every battle).  Naturally high accuracy and Disciplined Barrage can make sure they don't miss/graze.  Could be a good alternative to druid/wizard/cipher if you want another front-liner.

Edited by Braven

Yes - fighter will also work. He can even get 4 Knockdowns per encounter if he wears the Girdle of the Driving Wave. With high INT the Knockdowns last quite long. Esp. if he crits which might happen often because of Disciplined Barrage.

A monk can also take Stunning Blows. It's per encounter and is a Full Attack that works best at the start of the encounter because it doesn't need wounds. It has a short duration though. Force of Anguish lasts very long, that's nice about it.

I guess rogue has quite a wide array of optimal builds:

v1. melee: (if having his targets chain-paralyzed)

- 18,12,18,19,3,8 (with Drawn-in-Spring + Barricade) (or dual Drawn-in-Spring as suggested by Dr <3)

- 10,13,18,19,10,8 (with Battleaxes, 2xRimecutter or 2xWeToki depending on armor and how close to zero-recovery he is)

v2. melee: (relatively tanky)

- 10,13,18,19,3,15 (with Battleaxes, Rimecutter + Small Shield)

v1. ranged: (if has his ass covered and his targets chain-cc'ed)

- 18/7/19/12/18/4 (Dulcanale/Pliambo per Casitàs + Quick Switch + Scrolls) (5 Scrolls of Insect Swarm + Deathblows should be enough to finish pretty much any fight)

v2. ranged: (relatively tanky)

- 18/16/19/19/3/6 (Persistence or blunderbuss-switching)

I'm thinking ill go PC rogue, Monklash build (should I adapt it for OTank or is that fine?) A tanky fighter, druid, cipher, priest.

If your cipher is a dedicated cc'er and has enough time/focus to keep your rogue unharmed, you can give v1 a try; otherwise go for tankier builds. Edited by MaxQuest

^ Sincerely haven't ran the math on this. But I guess it really depends on the target's DR and if it's paralyzed/unconscious or not (such that thrust could reliably keep proccing).

Another factor to take in consideration is if rogue needs that extra tankiness that shield provides, and if there are no other items with higher priority for the mold, or even a second character who could wield that second Drawn-in-Spring.

Edited by MaxQuest

Well time for shameless plug, but you can try a build I made here

It is a shield rogue that equips barricade and uses riposte for extra damage. Don't know about flashiness, but it does have the word "flash" in the build name.

Unlaboured blade was nerfed so unless you want the Healing Chain or Dimensional Shift spellbinds, you can try using Godansthunyr or Captain Viccilo's Anger for the main hand weapon.

Persistence with 1 INT is quite fun. Take 3 INT at the start and then wear that Ultimate Hat of Alluring Perfection from WM I that does -2 INT , -2 RED, +2 MIG, +2 CON.

The full wounding lash damage will get applied instantly. Same with Runner's Wounding Shot and an arquebus as opening shot.

Also works with Drawn in Spring of course, but that comes so late compared to Persistence.

I had good fun with Hours of St Rumbalt on my first ever rogue now that I think of it. Prone on crit, Annihilation, comes with great ACC. It a good weapon for a rogue. Here you need a bit DEX and also decent INT in order to chain-prone.

Well time for shameless plug, but you can try a build I made here

It is a shield rogue that equips barricade and uses riposte for extra damage. Don't know about flashiness, but it does have the word "flash" in the build name.

Unlaboured blade was nerfed so unless you want the Healing Chain or Dimensional Shift spellbinds, you can try using Godansthunyr or Captain Viccilo's Anger for the main hand weapon.

I've liked the idea of it and looked at it many times but always wondered how you manage pre barricade since its a ways into the game. 

That depends on what your party is lacking at the time. Barricade vastly improves the rogue's offensive capabilities via the shield's crit effects and riposte (full attack). Before that, it can still fill in the tank role as Barricade doesn't change its defensive capabilities much. Alternatively, you can also have it as a "poor man's version" of the standard dual wield rogue and potentially take the Weapon and Shield talent at the level in which you obtain the shield.

You can ideally beeline for the shield at around level 7. WM2 makes it somewhat easier to get the shield too as you can go direct to Durgan Battery from Stalwart. Previously, you had to trek through Longwatch Falls. Think they made this change so that Devil of Caroc can be accessed easier.

Edited by mosspit

I doubt that lvl 7 is appropriate for a new player. Darzir will be too hard and you'll have to do Galvino's Workshop, Lagufaeth and several other stuff before you can enter Durgan's Battery. There you will face Sirens and whatnot. That's way too much effort for the prize.

An alternative before getting the Barricade can be Sura's Supper Plate. It's retaliation can be stacked with another one (for example Hiro's Mantle) and works with Deep Wounds. Before you can get that any shield will do. The one from the Drake in Endless Paths lvl 5 (Blabla Solace) is great together with Blaidh Golan hide armor because the defense buffs when you get prone or stunned stack with each other, giving you +100 to all defenses. This can prevent you rogue from getting knocked out by ogres and so on.

Yeah I was typing that message just before I commute to work so I think I worded things wrongly.

Level 7 is the level I normally go to Stalwart. By the time you made it through Galvino's and met up with the Ogre Matron, you probably would have leveled to 9. And yes that some ways away, but it is still within WM1 content. I mention about WM2 specifically due to the fact that WM2 enable you to bypass Longwatch Falls. In WM1, you had to transverse Longwatch to get to Durgan Battery.

As for recommended items, I agree with Boeroer on the Supper Plate due to the interactions of Retaliation with Deep Wounds. In my build thread, jojobobo also mention about the retaliation interaction with Deep Wounds via Coat of Ill Payment. I would add that Supper Plate is nice also because it is a small shield so it doesn't incur acc penalties. However, Deep Wounds doesn't stack but refreshes now so multiple Retaliation sources doesn't equate to more Deep Wounds damage. So 1 source might be enough unless you really like Retaliation. I prefer Plate Amour especially at the early game, but stacking of the on prone/stun defences can be useful against certain enemy types. I still retain Ilfran Byrngar's Solace during end game on swap.

For skills, Deep Wounds can be gotten earlier due to above mentioned interaction with Retaliation. Escape is very useful at different stages of the game. Aggro drop in the early game, initiation for the extra deflection in the mid/late game. Shadowing Beyond for "oh s%$#" moments.

Mig 10

Con 8

Dex 18

Perc 18

Int 8

Res 16 

Maybe I'm wrong, but I actually don't think the above is all that durable. Sure, you've given yourself +6 deflection but that only brings you 21, lower than Fighters, Chanters, Monks and Paladins (due to Faith and Conviction) and if you take Reckless Assault you're back down to 13, lower than everyone apart from a Wizard (and the Wizard will have a bunch of spells to temporarily buff their Deflection when needed).

Meanwhile, your Fortitude defence (the most important defence, particularly for a melee class) is at -2. That just seems to be asking for trouble (note that mosspit's build has +5 Fortitude from Attributes and +10 from Bear's Fortitude). Also, if you use a shield and take Weapon and Shield style your Reflex defence is going to be high already, so you really don't need the +16 from having both Dexterity and Perception at 18.

If anything, I'd favour dropping Perception down (you're already the class that has the highest innate Accuracy potential) and raising your Might and/or Constitution to bring your Fortitude defence back up (as well as the other benefits from those Attributes being higher).

Of course, someone might tell me I'm completely wrong. I am nowhere near as knowledgeable as others on this subforum.

Mig 10

Con 8

Dex 18

Perc 18

Int 8

Res 16 

Maybe I'm wrong, but I actually don't think the above is all that durable. Sure, you've given yourself +6 deflection but that only brings you 21, lower than Fighters, Chanters, Monks and Paladins (due to Faith and Conviction) and if you take Reckless Assault you're back down to 13, lower than everyone apart from a Wizard (and the Wizard will have a bunch of spells to temporarily buff their Deflection when needed).

Meanwhile, your Fortitude defence (the most important defence, particularly for a melee class) is at -2. That just seems to be asking for trouble (note that mosspit's build has +5 Fortitude from Attributes and +10 from Bear's Fortitude). Also, if you use a shield and take Weapon and Shield style your Reflex defence is going to be high already, so you really don't need the +16 from having both Dexterity and Perception at 18.

If anything, I'd favour dropping Perception down (you're already the class that has the highest innate Accuracy potential) and raising your Might and/or Constitution to bring your Fortitude defence back up (as well as the other benefits from those Attributes being higher).

Of course, someone might tell me I'm completely wrong. I am nowhere near as knowledgeable as others on this subforum.

You're not mistaken, initially I was talking of a dual weapon using rogue before we got semi sidetracked with the flash build. 

You're not mistaken, initially I was talking of a dual weapon using rogue before we got semi sidetracked with the flash build. 

Ah my mistake, I saw the word durable and assumed you were building a shield user. I'd still be cautious of your low Fortitude and would personally drop your Perception (perhaps to 15) a few points to raise Constitution and/or Might, and I'd definitely take Bear's Fortitude at some point.