Tutorial/party selection possible bug?

Trojusc1

Question

Hi there thank very much for any help. I just downloaded the game for first time on iPad and completed the (first?) tutorial quest .

Now the tutorial puts me in a party selection screen - the one with faces in circles at the top and the Party Tier Difficulty B message. What do I do now? The tutorial does not tell me and nothing seems to let me progress. I've tried the obvious thing of dragging the lit character faces to the sparkling circles at the bottom but they just bounce back and it doesn't work . Is this a bug? Game seems unplayable unless I get past this tutorial stage. Any tips?

7 answers to this question

Solved. When  I started the tutorial again, a new saved game was opened. As I was using the characters in another saved game, I was unable to selecting them. By loging again my oldgame, I'm able to use my whole party again. Sorry :facepalm:

AFAIK dragging should work, but you have to be exact on getting the face on the circle or it'll bounce back (the same when you start putting characters at locations).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I have the same problem. I have been playing th game for a few weeks and yesterday I started playing  again the tutorial. I've already finished it and now I'm unable to select two of my characters (Lini and Kyra, those who I chosen to play with the last time I played the game before the tutorial). I can play with my other characters normally. Is it a bug?

Are you unable to put them in your party?  With the same issue the characters are bouncing back even when you get them in the selection circle?  If you're trying to use your experienced characters you are choosing from the experienced tab?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Are you unable to put them in your party? 

Yes

With the same issue the characters are bouncing back even when you get them in the selection circle? 

No,  I'm unable even to select them in order to see their stats. Now I realise that a lock appears in the icon of the characters that I'm unable to select

If you're trying to use your experienced characters you are choosing from the experienced tab?

Yes

Thank you

Hi there thank very much for any help. I just downloaded the game for first time on iPad and completed the (first?) tutorial quest .

Now the tutorial puts me in a party selection screen - the one with faces in circles at the top and the Party Tier Difficulty B message. What do I do now? The tutorial does not tell me and nothing seems to let me progress. I've tried the obvious thing of dragging the lit character faces to the sparkling circles at the bottom but they just bounce back and it doesn't work . Is this a bug? Game seems unplayable unless I get past this tutorial stage. Any tips?

Don't drag the characters to the "Sparkling Circles". Drag them to the open LEFT circle and then add any other characters from left to right. I don't know why those central circles are sparkling.

Ah...good catch, I'd assumed it was the left most that was sparkling (been too long since I had to build a party I guess but I thought that was the case when I created my party).

If that doesn't work, if you can provide any of the gameplay questions found here - https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86274-reporting-issues-useful-information-to-provide/ - it'll help the devs when the check the forums.