Happy new year!

Blarghagh

For those in my timezone anyway. Let's hope this year will be better than the last.

NOW GO GET DRUNK. I can't drink due to meds so I have to live vicariously through you fellas!

It would appear I'm behind you in time and ahead of you in drinking. I'll probably drunk post here randomly throughout the night.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I knew I could count on you. :wub:

I believe in you too, my neutral friend.

Pft, alcohol. Waste of money.

Liberated alcohol is the best alcohol.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

For those in my timezone anyway. Early best wishes for those not! Let's hope this year will be better than the last.

NOW GO GET DRUNK. I can't drink due to meds so I have to live vicariously through you fellas!

For me, personally, 2016 was actually a really really good year.  I escaped the frozen high cost of living wasteland known as Connecticut and moved 750 miles south to Charlotte (on my own, with little safety net besides the contingency savings I accumulated and no one in the place I was moving to to lean on), found a halfway decent job, and bought a brand new (and really nice) car.  Hopefully 2017 will be just as good for me and for all of you.

Anyway, for now it's time to knock back some alcohol so...

tvKftQS.jpg

Cheers!

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Hope none of you die this year.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

last_calvin.gif?sfvrsn=2

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well it's been 2017 for about 2 hours and I'm drunk and tired but can't go to sleep. Gonna try not to wake up the girl and see if there's anything left to drink.

Public Service Announcement:

Obey horror movie rules when 2016 dies:

Don't say "we got it" or "it's over."

Check if it's behind you.

Check if it possessed your friend.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

So what did people do? How was it in your part of the world?

I, as might have been evident, got pretty drunk - we did a great little party with games, quizzes and everything- with an 'all you can drink' buffet.. Since the missus is a bartender she gave everyone a quick rundown on how to make Mojitos, Tom Collins, Shirley Temples and Dark'n'Stormy.. mmm

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

I decided to be somewhat boring and unsocial.

Most of my friends were going to this place with a live band I don't actually like, so the prospect of spending money to not talk to my friends because of loud music I'm not a fan of hit my "nope time to be an introvert" switches.

So I had a glass of port, kicked back and read and watched stuff.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Nothing too wild here.  Got together with some neighbors (that way nobody had to drive) and ate and drank in plentiful amounts.  Later I went home and played some games.

1gx238.jpg

Now, on New Year's Day, the first thing I'm going to do (after taking a shower, of course) is put in the laundry.  Yeah, I live an exciting lifestyle.  :lol:

Edit: Relevant:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I stayed home. I played skyrim until the Fiesta Bowl game came on. Then watched Clemson beat the stew out of Ohio State. Then read a book in my favorite chair while sipping a nightcap and listening to the dogs snore. 

It has occurred to me in recent years the things that have made me unhappy are the things I am obligated to do. Even when I don't mind doing them. It's the obligation TO do them that causes stress. So I realized by not wanting things that come with obligations means living a simpler and happier life. I won't buy things I can't pay for because I have almost no debt and I don't want any. I won't cultivate friendships or other relationships that ask more than I'm willing to give. In 2017 I'm going to let go of the things that cause me stress even if they have a benefit and focus on the simpler things in life. Besides I don't think anything has ever made me happier than walking down to the river with my dogs to go fishing. Or working in the garden. It does not get any simpler than that.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Played Division with my friends and only noticed it was 0018.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I stayed home. I played skyrim until the Fiesta Bowl game came on. Then watched Clemson beat the stew out of Ohio State. Then read a book in my favorite chair while sipping a nightcap and listening to the dogs snore. 

It has occurred to me in recent years the things that have made me unhappy are the things I am obligated to do. Even when I don't mind doing them. It's the obligation TO do them that causes stress. So I realized by not wanting things that come with obligations means living a simpler and happier life. I won't buy things I can't pay for because I have almost no debt and I don't want any. I won't cultivate friendships or other relationships that ask more than I'm willing to give. In 2017 I'm going to let go of the things that cause me stress even if they have a benefit and focus on the simpler things in life. Besides I don't think anything has ever made me happier than walking down to the river with my dogs to go fishing. Or working in the garden. It does not get any simpler than that.

If I can give you some advice, be very careful you dont mistake obligation with unrealized correct or moral behavior. 

So in other words sometimes we stop doing something thinking its  a negative aspect of our lives but in fact its an unintentional part of our ritual that we not aware of 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Happy New Year!

here in Athens the mayor was supposed to do the countdown, but it's the third time in a row where he failed to notice it was time for the countdown. Last year he tried to rush ina quick 3 2 1, this year it was several minutes until the people on stage realized they had one job to do... and had failed to do it :p

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Happy New Year!

here in Athens the mayor was supposed to do the countdown, but it's the third time in a row where he failed to notice it was time for the countdown. Last year he tried to rush ina quick 3 2 1, this year it was several minutes until the people on stage realized they had one job to do... and had failed to do it :p

Sounds like less of a screw up than Mariah Carey's :p
  • Like 3

That fulfills the greek cliche for me. :>

I no-lifed as much as last year. Not necessarily on purpose, as my job makes it impossible for me to stay with the family, but truth told, it would have been tiresome anyway. So I played some games and watched a tv show until 00:00 when I've moved myself onto the balcony to watch the fireworks for half an hour.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."