I am new,I suck, so I got stuck. Help pls :(

Hey guys. I am kind of noob at the game and it is way different compared to most RPG I played. I got a level 4 party, lead by a barbarian main char. **** is I went down a blood filled well in the Od Nua levels and I am stuck. I barely escaped lv 5 avoiding the dragon. Then I die a lot in lv 4. I cant even run away............ I keep no other older save. I cant go back. What to do? I surely do not wish to restart the game from lv 1. No portals here like in Diablo2/3 LOL Ahhhh. But great RPG this one!

Hmm... Well the bad news is the only way back from jumping down the blood hole is to work your way back up. I believe the hole takes you down to level 5 of the Endless Paths so you'll have to work your way through (parts of) three floors to get back where you started. Depending on how you feel about spoilers, you could check out the Gamebanshee guide for maps that will help you do the minimum of each floor.

The worse news is, I don't think there's any way you'll be able to avoid fighting at least one Ogre Druid, and as a beginner, with a level 4 party that's not going to be easy. If you're patient and willing to try out various spell combinations you should be able to beat it, but it isn't going to be easy.

The good news? Well, PoE is indeed a good RPG, so when you extract yourself from this situation you should have a lot of fun. Also you learnt a valuable lesson: always make a hard save before jumping down a blood filled hole ;)

• Like 1

Before I read your posts I found a solution myself. I found an exit to the stronghold - but it was heavily guarded by a mob with 2x shamans. I barely defeated those LOL. Patry is still weak. Fighting through lv 4,3 is not possible, I get surrounded and insta-killed. Thanks anyway. Sorry for the stupid question LOL.

But Pillars of E seems to be a great RPG, where you are not put inside a box with boundaries - you go whereever you like and you are responsible if you are stupid enough to jump inside a monster level much stronger than your level. I like that. I am not used to that. :)

Case closed

Glad you made it happen without a restart. That would have been frustrating.

The Endless Paths seem to be designed in a way that you have to clear one/two or three levels, then retreat, do something else and come back later. It's even impossible to pass a certain door if you didn't solve another quest of the main plot line in Defiance Bay.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yeah, I tend to split do the Endless Paths in three or four chunks. I'd say that when you first unlock them, the first two floors can be done (relatively) easily, but floor three is pretty challenging. If you manage floor three though, you can probably do floor four and perhaps five as well.

The difficult floors are Ogre and vampires, all the rest is pretty easy to steamroll ( exept the last lvl )

Well the Ogres are only difficult if you go at an early level. Later on they're pretty easy (well, okay, Ogre Druids are never that easy, but they get a lot easier). Strangely I never found the vampires difficult.

The problem is that i tend to do that super early or super late. When you are High lvl obviously you can just walk and kill, low level ( and soloing) some monsters are difficult to kill. Vampires for example have very High defences and lots of friends with them.

The problem is that i tend to do that super early or super late. When you are High lvl obviously you can just walk and kill, low level ( and soloing) some monsters are difficult to kill. Vampires for example have very High defences and lots of friends with them.

If I remember correctly the vampires are on, what, floor 8? Usually I'll do this around the time I'm finishing up Defiance Bay and Act II, so I guess I'm getting pretty powerful and well geared.

I always try to reach path lvl 4 with my first entry - but it's usually tough. The reasons are Resolution and Persistence of course. ;)

Once I have those I quit and come back later.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Same, although because I am a slightly anal mathematician type I usually try to do level 5 as well ;) Level 3 is, in my opinion, harder than 4 or 5 anyway so it's not too hard (plus I usually do all the pre Caed Nua side quests before actually offing Maerwald, so I'm about as high level as is possible at this point).