Third wisdom check on Harpy Monks is always a 0.

Jester0076

Question

4 answers to this question

There is an on-going issue with dice "rolling off the table" and resulting in a 0. There are some cases where the cause is "known" - such as the damage reducing feat may cause the next roll to be 0 (ex.: encountering Warden of Runes with 2 characters in a location, failing the BYA check with the first character but having the feat reduce the damage, then the second character will roll a 0 on the BYA check of Warden. This could partially be related to another bug, where having the damage BYA damage from Warden reduced and then going straight into combat check will not allow you to play any weapons and you will need to do a VRT first). Then, there are some weird cases, such as Cave Bear rolling 0 on its "if undefeated" roll.

Obviously there is some constant cause to your case, but knowing the characters, their order, location, etc. is key to identifying the cause. In the mean time, try popping into Vault and back before the third roll - my theory is that the dice should be "fixed" afterwards (although this is purely based on the assumption written above).

I encountered the same thing. First Merisiel's die roll was a 0, then Valeros's. Only reading the OP, I realized that both times it was the third roll.

And not only does it show the result as 0, it then proceeds as though the roll was a success (even when I rolled a d4 for the Wisdom 8 check, i.e. impossible to succeed). Meaning the character who rolled a 0 was still able to use their weapons and they weren't moved to the Harpy Monk's location.

The first time it happened, it was Merisiel who was in the Guard Tower, and the second time Valeros rolled a 0 in the Temple.

I played on Heroic difficulty.
Party of 4: Merisiel, Kyra, Seoni, Valeros (in that play order)
Playing on Android 5.0.2 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4

Bumping an old thread rather than start a new one.

Deck 5-3

Shimmering Veils of Pride

Lem (solo)

Sometimes your hand sucks and you just have to click that location deck with no fear and hope for the best...

Lem encounters a Cave Bear (for which he is tragically under-prepared).

To no one's surprise, completely fails to succeed the roll he had 33% chance of making.

Cave Bear's turn.

Lem holds a handkerchief out in front of his face so he doesn't have to watch what's about to happen to him.

"Roll!" pops up at the bottom of the screen, but no dice other hint and what I'm supposed to be doing right now (I though this is the part where I drag all my cards to the discard pile).

I click on the screen

Uh..ok

Proceed with dragging all my cards to the discard pile.

Cave Bears

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."