Ogre should reroll

etien

Question

Ogre should reroll each time you encounter them. As of now if they rolled 4 ( go to end ) and you fail to close after killing the henchman you cannot close the place. This is a game breaker in the death zone scenario

Edited by etien

4 answers to this question

Is the ogre supposed to reroll in the physical game?  I assume yes.  I just ran into this same scenario--I missed the roll to close a Death Zone, got an ogrekin that hit a 4 and kept going to the bottom of the deck, so the location was unclosable.  Some bad luck I guess, and maybe that's part of the game, but an ogrekin reroll would make more sense.

Is the ogre supposed to reroll in the physical game?  I assume yes.

Yes.  The bug is based on how the Ogrekin cards technically work.

I posted a little about it over here, but the short story is that the Ogrekin aren't just one card, but a series of 5 cards.  The first Ogrekin card is revealed with the "Roll a d4..." text, then it swaps out for one of four "hidden" cards representing each outcome of the roll.  But once that hidden card enters the game, it doesn't know to switch back to the "d4 roller" if it is evaded/undefeated.

Each Ogrekin variant is probably unique enough to make it difficult to have each d4 outcome part of the same digital card.  The "swap-out" solution is an elegant workaround, but the cards just need to know to swap back if they are not defeated.