I've finished adventure 2 on normal and got four loot cards (instead of the whole five, but whatever) and one of the Loot cards was an item (mask) that I didn't want at that moment. When it was time to assign which cards my party will keep and which they will leave behind I decided to leave that mask behind.

Now I'm having second thoughts. It's a unique Loot and I'm a completionist. Is there any way to get that card back? Or for that matter to get any good rare item back that I had to discard in favor of other items? Did my party lose that item forever?

I've read the forums and the closest solution I've found was to have a pack rat character to store all the good, but not great, items. If I take that approach, do I have to bring that character with me on every adventure? Or is it enough to have that character just in the rooster?

I've read the forums and the closest solution I've found was to have a pack rat character to store all the good, but not great, items. If I take that approach, do I have to bring that character with me on every adventure? Or is it enough to have that character just in the rooster?

No need to keep them around.

1. Add a new character to the party, and name them Packrat or Mule or something (easier to find them later).

2. Press the blue arrow to get to the scenario selection screen, then tap the deck management button in the bottom right.

3. Trade cards to/from your mule.

4. Go back to party management, and boot the mule back out of the party.

As far as re-acquiring loot cards, well, it takes a bit of shenanigans.  Something like:

1. Temporarily boot a few of your experienced characters from their current party.

2. Start a new party with one or more new characters.

3. After the party is established, add those veterans and heavy-hitters to your new party.

4. Replay the scenario that hands out loot.

5. The vets shouldn't be rewarded, but the newbies should receive the cards.

6. Trade, reform parties, carry on as planned.

Some permutation of that should work.  The key thing is to start a new party with new characters.  If there is a vet in the mix during party creation, it will mark the save as having received all the rewards up to their level.

ps. Merry Christmas!

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 3

On a similar subject, I've heard people say that you can take a spell slot on a non-caster and always refresh it with a cure spell (or whatever) from the vault after the mission. However, if you collect even one spell in the mission, you won't be able to do that. As far as I can tell, you only get to pull from the vault if your parties total number of spell cards is less than the sum of your characters max spell cards. In that case, is there any trick other than creating a new character in a new party and trading him over a spell card? That seems like a lot of work just to give a character a single use spell.

Edited by Sines314

If you

On a similar subject, I've heard people say that you can take a spell slot on a non-caster and always refresh it with a cure spell (or whatever) from the vault after the mission. However, if you collect even one spell in the mission, you won't be able to do that. As far as I can tell, you only get to pull from the vault if your parties total number of spell cards is less than the sum of your characters max spell cards. In that case, is there any trick other than creating a new character in a new party and trading him over a spell card? That seems like a lot of work just to give a character a single use spell.

I don't think trading over a spell to a new character will do anything because you're still maintaining the same amount of spells cards total in the party. If you want to cycle the spell all you really have to do is go back into any scenario, preferably the last unlocked adventure and just cycle your cards until you get the spell you want taken out. Use it, it gets banished and then just forfeit the game. Hopefully you don't pick up a spell on your way. Unfortunately still takes a lot of work but that's how it is with these characters. 

Although with the new equipment sets on characters there is an "exploit" or rather i would like to say, terribly implemented feature where you can get rid of an extra card on some characters but then pull out a new card from the vault before you even start a scenario. Somewhat unfair to say the least but... if that's how it was made then i ain't complaining.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a way to get loot cards back without replaying the scenario, or at least there should be.

In case you didn't know, when you start AD3 you can pick any card from B, C, or two ADs below the AD number you just played, including loot .

Or at least in the physical game.