Bug: Combat won't progress after henchman damage in 6.2.

Bullwinkle

Question

In 6.2, the Warden henchmen cause damage upon reveal. After damage resolution, the die appears for combat, but you can't roll it; if you touch it, it flies off the screen, and you can't choose other cards for combat. The drop-down menu shows nothing in the check selection slots. A VRT allows you to proceed. (Note: my characters all have damage protection e.g. Sajan, which meant no damage was actually dealt to them by the henchmen upon reveal; no idea if that's related to the issue.)

Upon further play, the Wardens do this every time. Karzoug also has this problem with his precombat damage rolls.

1.1.6.1, iOS 8.4, iPad Air.

Edited by Bullwinkle

3 answers to this question

I've been experiencing this as well, and though there is an easy workaround (return to main menu and then load the party anew) it is a tiny bit annoying.

The Wardens don't always do it for me, but often enough.

PFID-141DBD51FD7F535C

I've been experiencing this as well, and though there is an easy workaround (return to main menu and then load the party anew) it is a tiny bit annoying.

The Wardens don't always do it for me, but often enough.

If you search other threads, there seems to be an issue regarding damage being reduced due to ability, although its mostly noticeable with Wardens because they always trigger the damage, there's a ton of them and they are all around the time you decide to pick up the ability.

Essentially, if the damage is reduced by the ability, the next character will roll a 0 on their check. That is, if Amiri and Harsk are in the same location and Amiri encounters Warden, reduces damage and the check passes onto Harsk, he will roll 0. Solution - VRT before you roll with Harsk, that "restores" the dice.

If the 0 roll wasn't done (instead, Amiri was the only character in the location), the character doing the combat check wont be able to play cards. The solution, again, is to VRT (I never rolled the combat check without doing VRT first, so it's possible it would roll a 0 as well).

Tl;dr - VRT after you reduce damage with ability.