Blessings of Iomedae Questions

Is there any way to get more than the four Blessings of Iomedae from the base set to use with Seelah's Inheritors favour?

Does Favor of Iomedae also work with the power?

The easiest way to get a lot of a particular blessing is to run multiple parties and trade between them.  Feels like cheating, but the game doesn't seem to mind.

The "super" blessings like the Favors or Doctrines count the same as regular blessings.  The game should allow you to recharge all blessings with the "Iomedae" trait written in the middle of the card.

Is there any way to get more than the four Blessings of Iomedae from the base set to use with Seelah's Inheritors favour?

Does Favor of Iomedae also work with the power?

The easiest way to get a lot of a particular blessing is to run multiple parties and trade between them. Feels like cheating, but the game doesn't seem to mind.

The "super" blessings like the Favors or Doctrines count the same as regular blessings. The game should allow you to recharge all blessings with the "Iomedae" trait written in the middle of the card.

Much appreciated! Never even thought of that. I presume I just swap in a character before I start an adventure with blessings I've gathered (I'm working through ad4 atm) then back out for the correct character. It does feel like cheating but seems odd to have an ability you can't take much advantage of.

Much appreciated! Never even thought of that. I presume I just swap in a character before I start an adventure with blessings I've gathered (I'm working through ad4 atm) then back out for the correct character. It does feel like cheating but seems odd to have an ability you can't take much advantage of.

Its not cheating, it's giving yourself a Christmas gift!  (Though, honestly, it does feel like cheating, or at least bending the rules real hard.)

I posted something over here explaining some relevant card stuff.

• Like 1

If it was cheating we could remove ability to do so. And honestly most people don't even know they can do this. Furthermore since it is not a competitive game and it doesn't hugely break the game we decided to let you do it (but impose limits on specific cards).

If someone does decided it feels like cheating they can always not do it, so it is a win win!

• Like 1

If it was cheating we could remove ability to do so. And honestly most people don't even know they can do this. Furthermore since it is not a competitive game and it doesn't hugely break the game we decided to let you do it (but impose limits on specific cards).

If someone does decided it feels like cheating they can always not do it, so it is a win win!

"Cheating is a gift man gives himself."   ;)

qGxTnFhl.jpg

[Ezren is watching you.  And you.  And everyone else.]

• Like 4

Absolutely possible even without cheating: my Seelah has 5 Blessings, 2 Favors and 1 Unity of Iomedae... what is this "discarding" you speak of?

I did something like that and found that the Cure spell ended up getting stuck in the hand. So had to mix it up with some blessings of Abadar to deal with barriers and have something to heal back

PFID-F5D45B8AF20421AC

I presume those favours and unity were from chests though?

Yes.  

Statistically, favors aren't too hard to come by.  However, Unities had thoroughly awful odds (see the little note at the bottom of the recent changelog).

If you're about to blast through some chests, you may want to wait a week or so until there's some community confirmation that drop tables have been realigned.   Don't worry, we'll look out for you! :)

I presume those favours and unity were from chests though?

Yes.

Statistically, favors aren't too hard to come by. However, Unities had thoroughly awful odds (see the little note at the bottom of the recent changelog).

If you're about to blast through some chests, you may want to wait a week or so until there's some community confirmation that drop tables have been realigned. Don't worry, we'll look out for you! :)

In maybe 150 chests I have had 1 favour of Iomedae so definitely not aiming to get them that way. As a contrast about 8 Armour of Legions that I really don't use. ;)

In maybe 150 chests I have had 1 favour of Iomedae so definitely not aiming to get them that way. As a contrast about 8 Armour of Legions that I really don't use. ;)

If I recall correctly... despite having the same rarity, Legion Armor had around 4x the drop rate of most other Legendaries.  The 8-to-1 spread you see isn't that unbelievable.

Amulet of Inescapable Location and Flask of Magic were also notorious for popping up more than seems normal.  We'll see how the stats shake out after New Year's.

ps. Merry Christmas!

Edited by Ethics Gradient

Absolutely possible even without cheating: my Seelah has 5 Blessings, 2 Favors and 1 Unity of Iomedae... what is this "discarding" you speak of?

I did something like that and found that the Cure spell ended up getting stuck in the hand. So had to mix it up with some blessings of Abadar to deal with barriers and have something to heal back

I don't understand what you mean with "Cure getting stuck" and what that has to do with blessings.

Having only Iomedae blessings for Seelah is awesome - even though she won't get the double dice on many checks that other types would give her, the fact that you never have to discard them for their bonus is invaluable (and that includes exploring), and her Inspiration die (with some +1s if you spend the power feats) is basically like that extra die anyway, but whenever you want it, not only when you just happen to have the right blessing in your hand at the right time.

I wish I could do something similar for Kyra, but I've had a lot less luck with Favors of Sarenrae - not a single one of them has dropped from all the chests I've opened so far (no idea how many, but I guess it could be easily over 200).

Edited by Thyraxus

I don't understand what you mean with "Cure getting stuck" and what that has to do with blessings.

Cure gets stuck in the hand because without discarded blessings, and with rechargeable armor, Seelah didn't have much to discard, so can't cast cure :)

Edited by nsr

PFID-F5D45B8AF20421AC

Cure gets stuck in the hand because without discarded blessings, and with rechargeable armor, Seelah didn't have much to discard, so can't cast cure :)

Can't cure because you never have any cards in the discard problem...  

Hm... of all the silly things can that happen in the game, I swear I've seen worse! ;)

#PathfinderFirstWorldProblems