Daily Challenge Bug 12/22/2016

ScaeSayre

Question

I receive the push notification that there was a new daily challenge. When the app opened a notification prompting me to update popped up. Clicking the update option opened the Play Store on the game with an option to update. I clicked update, and when it completed I clicked Open to open the game. I looked at the Daily Challenge (Give 15 Cards to another Character), then selected Continue. It resumed the last Story I played (earlier today) and I began the second Scenario of the first Adventure (B), The Poison Pill.

I put all of my character into the General Store and began giving cards to the Bard on each turn. No notifications popped up indicating progress on the daily challenge. I tried with 4 characters, all giving no progress. I exited to the main menu to see if the daily challenge had progressed and it had not. I rebooted the game (closing the app with the app manager and reopened it). I continued the story again and tried giving cards to the Bard again. Still no notification, not even when I gave 5 cards to the Bard at once (from the Druid). I even tried giving cards to other characters (from the Paladin) with the same result. I then finished out the remainder of the rounds with nothing but giving random characters cards each turn (making sure I performed more the 15 individual card exchanges). Still no effect indicating that the game isn't even counting them in the background (and just not displaying the count or notification). I verified this from the main menu, the Daily Challenge showing there is still no progress.

This is stopping me from progressing the Daily Challenge to complete the Weekly Challenge.

Information:

Device: SAMSUNG GALAXY S7

Pathfinder Adventures Version: 1.1.6.1

Team: Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Fighter, Bard, Druid

Please let me know if any more information is needed. Thank you.

• Like 1

13 answers to this question

Another issue to check: while trying to give cards to other characters, whenever I tapped on 'cancel', the card wouldn't return to the original owner. Therefore, I could give my entire hand to another character(s) in one round...

Cheers!

Mauricio

Edited by MauGibrin
  • Like 1

Another think to check: while trying to give cards to other characters, whenever I tapped on 'cancel', the card wouldn't return to the original owner. Therefore, I could give all my hand to another character in one round...

Cheers!

Mauricio

This game... is trying to kill me....

Thanks for finding this though!

• Like 4

Everyone will be getting the sweater and a gift for being so awesome to boot, so don't worry. Sorry this patch was so rough guys.

I note this says, "...will be getting..." Should it not have awarded upon completion of the quantity of required Daily Quests? I was wondering where mine was, too?!

Can we earn multiples? One per character, perhaps?

Thanks, in advance, for an update with more details.

Robert

I note this says, "...will be getting..." Should it not have awarded upon completion of the quantity of required Daily Quests? I was wondering where mine was, too?!

Can we earn multiples? One per character, perhaps?

What apparently should have been the procedure:

1. Complete 4 daily quests this week.
  2. Under the Challenges popup, select Pickup Rewards to actually collect the reward.
  3. (optional) Look at your Gallery or Vault for P armors that you own and see the Festive Wool Hide.
  4. Eventually encounter that at a location and acquire it.

Besides the problem with the one daily challenge, a number of people (including me) have run into 3a "See no new P armors but you have an extra treasure chest".  So they have replaced 1&2 with "Upgrade to 1.1.6.1" (see 1.1.6.1 Compensation Bonus thread in Announcements and News), and they might want to hear if that doesn't actually work.

Number 4 should be limited to once per party, but there are techniques with multiple parties to finesse that.  (One technique would amount to "Acquire it, pass it to the party member with the most pathetic Craft/Fortitude, go questing with the remainder of the party, repeat.")