Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hey Obsidian, how about a sequel to Arcanum?

Arcanum TimCain Obsidian

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Rostere

Rostere

Illuminatus of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1084 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Arcanum is really fun game outside of the Half-Ogre quest :( and it will be fun to get a new game.By the way another good rpg that is crying for sequel is Vampire ;)

Oh, come on. The half-Ogre quest is one of the best in the game. It really plays with your expectations and then with what the resolution to a "quest" can be.

• milczyciel likes this

selkino

selkino

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Steam:selkino
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

again with the music, the biggest issue with Arcanum for me were not the bugs or the imbalance, but the very heavily packed string insturments soundtrack

• Cynthel Natal likes this

Signer

Signer

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

https://www.change.o...n-entertainment

• Ganrich and Icelander like this

Chilloutman

Chilloutman

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

again with the music, the biggest issue with Arcanum for me were not the bugs or the imbalance, but the very heavily packed string insturments soundtrack

what are you talking about? This is HERESY! it was one of the best soundtracks EVER
  • Ganrich and Icelander like this

Kilthan

Kilthan

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

Man, i had to make an account just to reply to the Arcanum hate.

I wonder if some of you ever played Wizardry VII. There was a kick-in-the-pants challenge.

Yeah, the game is unbalanced, but that's half the fun. I am, at this moment, playing through as a half-orc Idiot Savant named Mervin.  The only reason he didn't die in the starter area is because the Kite Shaman's chest contained some nice magic platemail.  He can gamble and melt faces with harm (eventually Disintegrate). But by  Nasrudin, he dies fast and everyone is a jerk to him.  except for Dog.  Dog is friend. Dog is whirling dervish of death.

The soundtrack is amazing.  It hits upon the right sort of music for the setting.

The half-ogre quest line is awesomely frustrating.  evil gnomes need to be squished.

yeah, a lot of stuff is broken.  But its fun despite brokenness, sometimes because of it.

And anyone that claims the characters are flat and lifeless must have been playing a different game.  Gar alone makes the game worth playing.  And a play through with the idiot dialog has been consistently hilarious. 

I personally like the graphics.  But i'd prefer companies to spend less time on graphics and more on game play. 

I'd love to see Obsidian get the rights to the IP, or to make a spiritual successor. Either way would be great.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Arcanum, TimCain, Obsidian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users