Movies You've Seen Recently

Tale

so finally comic book movie I would be able to watch without cringing whole time?

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't the the whole crazy surrounding Ready Player One, also why is the Iron Giant there?

It's basically a 40 something author writing a story about a teenager in the future who worships 80's nostalgia in the uber-geek manner by playing an MMO based around it, and thereby gaining world shaking power, influence, respect and the girl.

Your mileage may vary depending on how you like your pop culture references dropped every other paragraph.

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm really not a fan of "all the things, all the time" approach. Which happens a lot to futurist fiction or reference heavy mediums. So both those at the same time sounds like hell for me. When I'm not playing a game, I'm not too keen on consuming meta-entertainment about entertainment mediums. Especially games. When it comes to VR stuff, I like Neuromancer's simstims or Cyberpunk 2020's braindances. But the Summer Wars, SAO, Psycho Pass "Nobody Knows Your Face / Nobody Knows Your Mask" style of "second life" VR just don't really grip me. I prefer more the escapism to another real life, or perhaps just a abstract cyber representation of data-streams. Perhaps it's because given a real opportunity I wouldn't want to hang out in those sorts of online worlds. Even though I spend a lot of time staring at flat static web pages... I don't need those to be more real. Maybe it's also because I'm a CS major...

Maybe I'll have to read the book and see if the story is compelling enough, but the setting isn't winning any points, and it's not high on my priorities. Still I like to keep an eye on the tides of societies interests.

Not sure if this has been shared, but I'm really looking forward to it, like Creature of the Black Lagoon meets Amelie:

Seems like Guillermo got to make the Abe Sapian origin movie he always wanted - cool.

Also, closed for length, new thread here.

Fortune favors the bald.