Movies You've Seen Recently

Tale

I'm past the Gal Gadot being too skinny for the role. I saw her in an interview with Conan where they were working in the gym, and that girl looks every bit the tall and athletic goddess she is supposed to be. I guess she served in the Israeli military, too.

• Like 1

I've been looking forward to WW since it was announced as it has looked awesome hwoever these reviews are a) not surprising and b) likely not for the right reasons. Most of thema re probably written by SJW Nazis spending time praiisng the movie for its so called 'feminist agenda' isnetad of focusing on the only thing that matters - is it a good movie.

That's hwo that ****ty Ghostbusters got good ratings.

As for the movie itself. For me, it looks great and I will be watching it Saturday. But, these reveiws arte irreleavnt and are meaningelss because they just push the SJW Nazi agenda and not the Good Quality movie Agenda. Gadot btw has ALWAYS been perfect for the role from the moment she was hired. PERIOD.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Are you sure that wasn't the 1980's Ghostbusters? That one didn't suck.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The new Ghostbusters was terribly boring and unfunny

Is that high? It has a much worse score among the non press reviewers, which is where you would think all the sjw nazi mutants would hang out.

I dunno, I feel the press/critics care more about those things than the average moviegoer. I mean, just see the stuff about Iron Fist. It wasn't great by any means but it was mostly the critics calling it out for whitewashing Asian culture and the poor characterization of its female lead while Notcritic McAverageJoeson was just concerned if it was entertaining or not.

Free games updated 3/4/21

The new Ghostbusters was terribly boring and unfunny

Is that high? It has a much worse score among the non press reviewers, which is where you would think all the sjw nazi mutants would hang out.

I dunno, I feel the press/critics care more about those things than the average moviegoer. I mean, just see the stuff about Iron Fist. It wasn't great by any means but it was mostly the critics calling it out for whitewashing Asian culture and the poor characterization of its female lead while Notcritic McAverageJoeson was just concerned if it was entertaining or not.

Iron Fist was a train wreck, though, and it had little to do with it whitewashing Asian culture. Similarly Doctor Strange had some of those accusations but it stands at a 90% RT score in the site, so it wasn't much of a problem for that film. In my experience reading critics and reviews, though, the number who let these things dictate their score is pretty minimal lest the matter is so central to the film's success or failure that it has to be addressed. Similarly it is not something that affected the overall score for Ghostbusters a whole lot.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

"I'm not sure where Ghostbusters got positive reviews. Didn't it bomb at the box office?"

It got good reviews. And, yes, it bombed at the box office thoguh it still made okayish money juist not enough to cover the budget or a smuch  as everyone thought it would. But, yeah, good revuiews. Of course, 99% of the posiitve reviews  often went like this: 'This movie has a lot of flaws but  the movie is important so we can stick to sexists everywhere." LMAO

I liked the recent Ghostbusters film.  Then again I didn't think the original Ghostbusters was the greatest film of my generation either and I also didn't become apoplectic at the thought of either (a) the Ghostbusters not including Murray, Ramis, Ackroyd or Hudson or (b) the Ghostbusters being women.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

And that's great. If we all liked the same stuff it'd be awfully boring.

My comment was simply to address that I didn't hate (or like) it sight unseen for reasons other than what the film actually was.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

And that's an honest formed opinion made from engaging with the work - who can fault that?

• Like 1

Does Kurt Russell not exist in the MCU? He was huge in the 80s and Peter was huge on the 80s. Sure, it's decades later but he's still pretty recognizable.

Do any of the actors who play characters in the MCU also exist there? 

The mind wobbles

Edit- I guess I should have googled before posting. Looks like there are several articles about the same thing

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Does Kurt Russell not exist in the MCU? He was huge in the 80s and Peter was huge on the 80s. Sure, it's decades later but he's still pretty recognizable.

Do any of the actors who play characters in the MCU also exist there? 

The mind wobbles

Edit- I guess I should have googled before posting. Looks like there are several articles about the same thing

didn't try google, but our first thought were kevin bacon.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Too bad they cut the Simon Williams posters from GOTG2 - you could have added a debate on whether or not Nathan Fillion and Simon Williams are the same person, or if they are two different actors, why they look exactly alike...

18557019_10154260828826157_6585243645158

18622683_10154260828831157_8662539734470

18582633_10154260828771157_6785552537682

18582176_10154260828776157_6052517910179

18620374_10154260828716157_7596328743390

18582354_10154260828711157_1878375762504

• Like 2

is also a possibility o' less obvious and/or oblique kurt russell reference in the mcu.  wouldn't be shocked if an mcu character had mentioned escape from new york, big trouble in little china, the computer who wore tennis shoes, etc.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I liked the recent Ghostbusters film.  Then again I didn't think the original Ghostbusters was the greatest film of my generation either and I also didn't become apoplectic at the thought of either (a) the Ghostbusters not including Murray, Ramis, Ackroyd or Hudson or (b) the Ghostbusters being women.

I think the first film is great, but yeah, between the unnecessary and rather poor sequel, the many animated films and videogames it's not as if a reboot was going to damage the 'saga' any more than it already was. For the most part the reviews were on par with what you'd expect of a Paul Feig film, if perhaps a tad less enthusiastic, but the fanbase had by and large already decided months before the film's release that it would suck, no matter the end result. Personally I didn't watch it, I'm not particularly interested.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Wonder Woman - 9.5/10   Once again, a DC film is VASTLY superior to that Marvel ****. It hits all the right notes, the acting is great, the action is great, everything is great. Best thing, though, about the movie? It is NOT a feminist movie in any way which explains why some SJW Nazis are whining about it. HAHAHAHAHA!

This explains, also, why it is a vastly superior film to Ghostbusters. GB was all  about pushing an agenda. WW is about making an entetriajing comic book/SH movie that just happens to star a woman. HOLY MOLY.  What a concept. It is exactly the same reason why Alien was popular too.

GAME OVER. GAME OVER INDEED.

• Like 1

Wonder Woman - 9.5/10 Once again, a DC film is VASTLY superior to that Marvel ****. It hits all the right notes, the acting is great, the action is great, everything is great. Best thing, though, about the movie? It is NOT a feminist movie in any way which explains why some SJW Nazis are whining about it. HAHAHAHAHA!

This explains, also, why it is a vastly superior film to Ghostbusters. GB was all about pushing an agenda. WW is about making an entetriajing comic book/SH movie that just happens to star a woman. HOLY MOLY. What a concept. It is exactly the same reason why Alien was popular too.

GAME OVER. GAME OVER INDEED.

Dark Knight was the only DC movie better than any of the Marvel Studios ones so far, so I don't know what you're smoking

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg