Known Issues: Patch 1.1.6

Aarik D

Question

Hey everyone, 

Here is a list of current known issues in patch 1.1.6 found by the QA team and you guys! As we find more bugs, we will update the list accordingly. Thank you all for your hard work! 

Known Issues

Major Issues

• Morgiv: Encountering the ally Morgiv in deck 6 will trigger a chain of weirdness that culminates in most cards from character's decks being wiped.  We have a fix internally and are working on a patch.
  • Android: Some android users cannot load the game post patch.  We're aware of the issue and are working on a fix.
  • RolesRewards: There is a progression break when acquiring Roles when there is more than 1 character in the party.  Fixed internally.
  • Zombie Horde/ZombieNest: When defeating the summons, the barrier stays on top of the location deck instead of being banished.  Fixed internally.
  • Haunts: Upon defeat, haunts are returning to the location deck instead of being banished. Fixed internally.

Other Community Reported Issues

• Dice: Dice can sometimes roll off screen and provide a value of 0 to the check.  We have not been able to reproduce this internally yet, but are investigating.
  • Lini: Animal Empathy is not recharging allies. Fixed internally.
  • Merisiel: Inspired Dexterity is not recharging blessings
  • New Booster Drop Rate: The new boosters were dropping at incorrect values Fixed on Live.
  • Special Offer: Rolling All the Way was granting incorrect items.  This has been fixed.  Anyone who has purchased the offer and not gotten the correct items should contact support@obsidian.net to get the proper items granted to their account.
  • Quest Mode: Card Feats are being granted for every level, and can eventually lead to a progression break

Cards

• Boots of Teleportation: If used prior to your first explore, you will be unable to move or explore the location (unless a card granting an explore is used).
  • Cape of Escape: Evading a villain's summon can make the villain encounter abruptly end.
  • Cannibal Haunt: When encountering the Cannibal Haunt, you cannot change your mind about the location you'd like to banish a card from.  Choose carefully!
  • Dominate: Spell is behaving as an Examine instead of a Search.
  • Emerald Codex: Playing a card from the codex vs a Warchanter-like can get the examine tray stuck on screen.
  • Hidden Beast: The BYA check doesn't update to the correct die when playing a dexterity weapon.  To work around, manually change the check from the Skill Panel.
  • Runeforged Weapons: The support card gained at the end of Deck 5 isn't being removed upon completion of Deck 6.
  • Robes of Xin-Shalast: If played after taking 2 damage, if you drag the card back to hand after recharging 2 cards for damage, you'll have to discard the robes
  • Stampeding Aurochs: If Undefeated check is incorrectly hitting only characters at that location
  • Summon Monster: Characters without the Arcane or Divine trait cannot recharge the card.
  • Occluding Field: When encountered by multiple characters, the original character will have a die on screen if they can perform the evade
  • Booster: Venomous Bolt: Incorrect text on buttons when prompted to recharge and recharges at end of turn instead of end of encounter.

Challenges

• Weekly Challenge: When completed, the completion bar on the in-game popup doesn't appear to update.
  • Weekly Challenge: Brawling in a wintry wonderland shows a reward of "150".  The actual reward is a treasure chest
  • Daily Challenge: Daily challenges are automatically being rewarded upon completion when they award gold.  (Contrary to the last patch where we forced them to be picked up).  Currently, there is no in-game indication that this gold has been awarded.

Character

• Lini: If you use Animal Trick, then activate Beast form and discard the ally revealed by dragging it, the wrong die will be added to the check
  • Seoni: Magic in the Touch incorrectly auto-succeeds on items cards that should be either discarded or buried (as opposed to recharged or discarded)
  • Frostfire Seoni: It's possible for Frostfire Blast's cold trait to apply to base Seoni's powers.
  • Scholar Ezren: The unowned version of his token art is lower resolution than token icons

Dice

• Fiery Core: When rolling the die or viewing them idly on out-of-scenario screens, occasionally a red orb will float across the screen.

General

• Warchanter-likes: Evade spells with the attack trait do not properly trigger the "when you play a spell" power of Warchanter style monsters.  This affects the deck 6 spells Bewilder and Dominate.

Locations

• Garrison: Encountering a Warchanter-like at the Garrison when multiple people are present can sometimes result in damage being dealt incorrectly

Rewards

• Roles & Power Feats: If a character in the current party has maxed power feats, any new power feats awarded will be skipped.  This will also skip acquiring roles.
  • Potential Power feat Loss with Alt Switching: When power feats on an Alternate skin, then gaining a second back on the base version, sometimes a power feat that should be available on the character will be unchecked.  Powers will function fine in practice if this is part of a "tree" of power (Arcane Blast, for example).  You can, however, select one of the versions that you already acquired (or had by default) and the game will allow you to proceed, effectively making you lose out on that power feat reward.

Scenario

• The Road Through Xin-Shalast: It is possible to have Ghlorofaex empty a random other location when closing the Temple
  • The Road Through Xin-Shalast: It is possible to close the Town Square without banishing cards
  • The Road Through Xin-Shalast: It is possible to gain a second attempt to close locations that summon to close

Store

• Dice Purchases: Sometimes when purchasing dice, all categories except the Bundles will disappear.  When this occurs, exit and reenter the store to display the dice again.

Treasure

• Dice: It is possible to have the dice salvage art appear on dice that aren't salvaged.

UI

• Unable to interact with cards in the examine tray: Sometimes, you will be unable to interact with cards in the Examine tray.  The Examine tray is the tray that opens to show your character Deck, Discard, and Bury piles.  It can cause progression breaks if you're forced to perform an action and have no means of exiting that action.  We're still investigating the cause.
  • Character Selection: When dragging characters to form a party, some will not leave behind shaded icons
  • Character Sheet: Power category names do not update to new power names for Alternate characters that have power updates (Merisiel, Seoni, Amiri, Lini, Ezren)
  • Card Selection: Harsk and Forest Harsk partially overlap Lini if adjacent on the Card Selection (Deck building) screen.
  • Party Creation/Load screen: Character tokens displayed on parties do not reflect their alternate skins.
  • Like 5

I'm stuck on 4-3 because a harpy card is permanently on my screen. I tried forfeiting and restarting the scenario but it is still there even prior to drawing any cards from the location deck. It also stayed on screen during the forfeit and the deck reset between scenarios.

The problem has followed me across devices and through a reinstall of the game. So I cannot continue in story mode because the harpy card on screen prevents me from resolving any cards from the location deck.

Have you tried this workaround?

So, I noticed a rather big bug where I lose access to items I have equipped randomly. Like, I'll have the crow on my rogue, finish the quest, and suddenly my rogue no longer has any crow nor does it appear on any other character. I've lost a number of items to this bug and it's really frustrating.

Also, can you please let us just access items in our vault. There are things in my vault I would love to use but there is absolutely no way to equip them, even when starting a new character. Like, I love pathfinders but this game is so frustrating to use at times. ::

Also, can you please let us just access items in our vault. There are things in my vault I would love to use but there is absolutely no way to equip them, even when starting a new character. Like, I love pathfinders but this game is so frustrating to use at times. ::

Just checking. You know that the location decks Are build from the cards in your wault and you find random items from you wault by this system? It is the core of how this game rules work.

An another hand, you can broke those rules a bit by banishing enough cards in suitable locations and you get to chose from any items that Are two levels below you, if you just banished those card types that you want to collect below you card limit.

At 4-1 thistlestop, with the Monk, Druid and Cleric, I had two open locations remaining; one with a single card left, Gogmurt the filthy Goblin, and the other location, which I successfully "finished closing" upon encountering that final card, Gogmurt.

I beat that dirty Goblin and he had nowhere to run so instead of being defeated and closing all locations, he came right back to where he was just defeated? Honestly just took me out of the game. What's the point of dominating the board if after handing your enemies their own liver, they come back for seconds? I'm not sure it is a bug, but it feels rather wrong that it didn't give me the win.

A bug I'm certain about is the "Toad" card, on Lini the Druid, I could search my discard pile for the spell, but there's no "take" button that actually allows me to finalize the choice to recharge it.

Cheers.

EDIT: Whoops, i'm dumb. Still sad I'm locked out of the game by a progression bug.

Oh, also - not sure if it's new but the archer ally seems to have a bug.
Using Lem with a crossbow, if I then play archer the dice decrease(?)

Edited by GGG

Just met with a bug. At the encounter with Henchman Orik Vancaskerkin, after defeating Orik, he asks for Charisma check for additional boon drop. If that check is failed - game stuck. As far as I understand, you just should attempt to close location, no matter if that check is successful or failed.

More info: after failed check he asks for another roll, but there aren't any dices. If you use blessing at that point - you recieve dice (which should have been additional one), so it's not a complete lockdown.

Edited by Kamiyo
  • Like 1

Just met with a bug. When encountering Henchman Orik Vancaskerkin, after defeating he asks for Charisma check for additional boon drop. If that check is failed - game stuck. As far as I understand, you just should attempt to close location, no matter if that check is successful or failed

This also happens to me every time I fail the Charisma check against Orik. The solution I used was to add a blessing, which put two dice on the table, then cancel it, which removed one of the dice. The game then continues normally; if I pass the second check the game still acts as if I have failed it.

Oh, also - not sure if it's new but the archer ally seems to have a bug.

Using Lem with a crossbow, if I then play archer the dice decrease(?)

This also happens to me, using Merisiel. The d4 is added correctly but the dexterity die is also replaced with a d4. I think it also happens with the Elven Sharpshooter card, but not with the Black Arrow Ranger card.

Edit: As pointed out, this is not a bug. Neither Lem nor Merisiel have the Ranged skill so cannot effectively use the Archer or Elven Sharpshooter. However, the Black Arrow Ranger directly boosts Dexterity checks.

Other bugs I have found (not sure if these are known about, I'm new here):

• The barrier "Door Spikes"(?) - if the check is failed no damage is dealt to the character who failed the check (should be 1d4), but each other character at the location is correctly dealt 1 damage.
  • Some "after you act" instructions don't seem to trigger correctly. The one in particular I remember is that the Enchanter should deal 1 fire damage to you after you act. She doesn't appear to do this whereas the Hell Hound, which I think has exactly the same rules text, does.

• Dice: Dice can sometimes roll off screen and provide a value of 0 to the check. We have not been able to reproduce this internally yet, but are investigating.

If you are still having trouble reproducing this then I had it happen twice in a row in exactly the same circumstances:

1. Kyra, Seoni, Merisiel all at same location (can't remember exactly which location, but I've had it happen at other locations too. Can find out if it would be helpful).
  2. Kyra encounters Warrior of Wrath -> initiates Dex/Acrobatics check.
  3. Kyra fails and blocks damage by revealing Shield of Fire Resistance.
  4. Seoni initiates Dex/Acrobatics check.
  5. Seoni fails and ignores damage due to fire resistances feat.
  6. Merisiel initiates Dex/Acrobatics check. Die rolls off table, giving 0 result (despite having +ve modifiers to the check).
  7. Merisiel dealt 1 fire damage. Game continues normally.
Edited by Assussanni

I've gotten an infinite feedback loop on Scenario 5.1 on Green Difficulty. The Hound of Lamashtu that is summoned from the failed perception or Stealth check? Triggers another Perception or Stealth check which summons another hound of Lamashtu which Loops infinitely causing me to deck myself exceedingly quickly. Not sure if this is a technical issue, but if it's not, and it's working as intended then that's a ridiculous game balance issue.

Anyone else having an issue with actually being able to use the Runeforged Weapons for the Spires of Xin-Shalast? I have yet to figure out how to display the cards next to the adventure deck, let alone be able to use them against their intended target. As such, it's making defeating Karzoug impossible.

I've been working on 6.5 for about a week straight, maybe 10-20 attempts per day. 5 person team (Seoni, Lini, Merisiel, Kyra, Seelah), my characters are constantly at zero cards in hand due to burying cards at the beginning of turn (location effect), losing checks vs Rune giant guardians, losing vs the blue Dragon, and losing vs Karzuog himself.

I'm only on normal difficulty, but I'm starting to think it's impossible to win.

Edited by funnybonzo

• Some "after you act" instructions don't seem to trigger correctly. The one in particular I remember is that the Enchanter should deal 1 fire damage to you after you act. She doesn't appear to do this whereas the Hell Hound, which I think has exactly the same rules text, does.

Err, Enchanter is not the only one. Goblin Pyro is the same, at least. And he too should deal Fire damage, so it may be Fire damage-only related issue, and not ANY "after you act" damage

I've gotten an infinite feedback loop on Scenario 5.1 on Green Difficulty. The Hound of Lamashtu that is summoned from the failed perception or Stealth check? Triggers another Perception or Stealth check which summons another hound of Lamashtu which Loops infinitely causing me to deck myself exceedingly quickly. Not sure if this is a technical issue, but if it's not, and it's working as intended then that's a ridiculous game balance issue.

I also having trouble with the seemingly infinite loop of Hound of Lamashtu.  If I fail the stealth check, I automatically encounter the Hound of Lamashtu.  It then prompts the Before Combat roll for wisdom check.  It says "roll", but there is no dice on the screen to roll.  The work around for this "no dice to roll" bug is to discard a blessing, but cancel it.  This will bring the original dice to roll on the screen.  After I defeat the Hound of Lamashtu, it triggers a new chain of Hound of Lamashtu.  The only way that I found to break this loop is to succeed the next stealth check.

Not sure if it's listed anywhere else but in Quest Mode, if I kept playing with the current players at the time of the patch, I kept getting boons. I can no longer play quest mode because I can't get past the rewards screen since I can no longer give my characters +1 power.

I just ran into a variation of this one too! I hit level 18 with my characters in Quest mode (I deleted my old ones and started with fresh characters maybe 4-7 days ago), and I can't progress past the Victory screen since I'm supposed to give one of them a card list bonus (Card Feat - Tier 1) but they're already maxed out. So since I can't pick something to upgrade (No card type has a "+" button because it's all maxed), I can't abort or move on to the main Quest party-select screen. If I exit the app and reload it, the Quest menu just takes me right back to the Victory screen. I'm essentially locked out of Quest mode until this is fixed.

I think the Card Feat level bonus is bugged, because I got to pick one every other level so I maxed out my number of cards in deck at level 17-18 for all my characters. 

The quest pickup might be bugged. My completed quests (Utterly Legendary in this case) didn't move to pickup rewards tab so i can't redeem it.

Daily quests grant gold automatically; no need to pick them up.  You get awarded the moment you complete the quest.

Weeklies can be found on the reward pickup tab once they are complete.

I am having the following issue

Defeating Malagus Kreeg sends him to the only open location, the Dam.

The game then locks on the green star phase and will not progress to the rest of the character's turn.

I have reloaded this game numerous times and it always stops right there.

The game then locks on the green star phase and will not progress to the rest of the character's turn.

Have you tried to manually press "next turn" button? Because it seems, like game sees some kind of possible action. Like "After closing" action (which may not display automatically)

Edited by Kamiyo

This game has so many bugs, I almost want to play the physical game again instead. I have a bug where I will attempt a combat check and it will remove my only die and not let me play cards to help. I went through many times of vault back vault back, and then when I finally won, I tried to do the next scenario and it booted me out, and every time I try to start a scenario it bugs and boots me out. Can you please fix these bugs ASAP? Great job on making the game digital, but I hate some things and a lot of them are the bugs. Along with some otner things like the prices and some cards that are pointless in rise of the runelords, like the dem8nbane longsword.

Have you tried to manually press "next turn" button? Because it seems, like game sees some kind of possible action. Like "After closing" action (which may not display automatically)

Unfortunately there is no next turn button. It is hung in resolving the villain defeat

Anyone else having an issue with actually being able to use the Runeforged Weapons for the Spires of Xin-Shalast? I have yet to figure out how to display the cards next to the adventure deck, let alone be able to use them against their intended target. As such, it's making defeating Karzoug impossible.

I've been working on 6.5 for about a week straight, maybe 10-20 attempts per day. 5 person team (Seoni, Lini, Merisiel, Kyra, Seelah), my characters are constantly at zero cards in hand due to burying cards at the beginning of turn (location effect), losing checks vs Rune giant guardians, losing vs the blue Dragon, and losing vs Karzuog himself.

I'm only on normal difficulty, but I'm starting to think it's impossible to win.

The card is automatically "displayed" - you have a 2d4 added on your combat checks against Trasmuters or whatever the trait is. There is/was a bug though, where the Runeforged Weapons aren't removed as they are supposed to be after beating 6-5 (I might be wrong on this one, but I do recall seeing the extra 2d4 against Karzoug on my Legendary attempt).

As for the difficulty of the scenario itself, many strategies are possible, but beating it on Normal difficulty with a 6-man party is definitely possible. Additionally, you can read up this thread for some suggestions.

Hi I cannot play now on either quest or story. I've given up on quest, but now story bugged after I encountered a harpy monk and now no matter what I do (forfeit, restart, restart phone) now I cannot explore. No card pops up and no dice pop up. Regardless of scenario or location or character. No more pacg :-(