Known Issues: Patch 1.1.6

Aarik D

Question

Hey everyone, 

Here is a list of current known issues in patch 1.1.6 found by the QA team and you guys! As we find more bugs, we will update the list accordingly. Thank you all for your hard work! 

Known Issues

Major Issues

• Morgiv: Encountering the ally Morgiv in deck 6 will trigger a chain of weirdness that culminates in most cards from character's decks being wiped.  We have a fix internally and are working on a patch.
  • Android: Some android users cannot load the game post patch.  We're aware of the issue and are working on a fix.
  • RolesRewards: There is a progression break when acquiring Roles when there is more than 1 character in the party.  Fixed internally.
  • Zombie Horde/ZombieNest: When defeating the summons, the barrier stays on top of the location deck instead of being banished.  Fixed internally.
  • Haunts: Upon defeat, haunts are returning to the location deck instead of being banished. Fixed internally.

Other Community Reported Issues

• Dice: Dice can sometimes roll off screen and provide a value of 0 to the check.  We have not been able to reproduce this internally yet, but are investigating.
  • Lini: Animal Empathy is not recharging allies. Fixed internally.
  • Merisiel: Inspired Dexterity is not recharging blessings
  • New Booster Drop Rate: The new boosters were dropping at incorrect values Fixed on Live.
  • Special Offer: Rolling All the Way was granting incorrect items.  This has been fixed.  Anyone who has purchased the offer and not gotten the correct items should contact support@obsidian.net to get the proper items granted to their account.
  • Quest Mode: Card Feats are being granted for every level, and can eventually lead to a progression break

Cards

• Boots of Teleportation: If used prior to your first explore, you will be unable to move or explore the location (unless a card granting an explore is used).
  • Cape of Escape: Evading a villain's summon can make the villain encounter abruptly end.
  • Cannibal Haunt: When encountering the Cannibal Haunt, you cannot change your mind about the location you'd like to banish a card from.  Choose carefully!
  • Dominate: Spell is behaving as an Examine instead of a Search.
  • Emerald Codex: Playing a card from the codex vs a Warchanter-like can get the examine tray stuck on screen.
  • Hidden Beast: The BYA check doesn't update to the correct die when playing a dexterity weapon.  To work around, manually change the check from the Skill Panel.
  • Runeforged Weapons: The support card gained at the end of Deck 5 isn't being removed upon completion of Deck 6.
  • Robes of Xin-Shalast: If played after taking 2 damage, if you drag the card back to hand after recharging 2 cards for damage, you'll have to discard the robes
  • Stampeding Aurochs: If Undefeated check is incorrectly hitting only characters at that location
  • Summon Monster: Characters without the Arcane or Divine trait cannot recharge the card.
  • Occluding Field: When encountered by multiple characters, the original character will have a die on screen if they can perform the evade
  • Booster: Venomous Bolt: Incorrect text on buttons when prompted to recharge and recharges at end of turn instead of end of encounter.

Challenges

• Weekly Challenge: When completed, the completion bar on the in-game popup doesn't appear to update.
  • Weekly Challenge: Brawling in a wintry wonderland shows a reward of "150".  The actual reward is a treasure chest
  • Daily Challenge: Daily challenges are automatically being rewarded upon completion when they award gold.  (Contrary to the last patch where we forced them to be picked up).  Currently, there is no in-game indication that this gold has been awarded.

Character

• Lini: If you use Animal Trick, then activate Beast form and discard the ally revealed by dragging it, the wrong die will be added to the check
  • Seoni: Magic in the Touch incorrectly auto-succeeds on items cards that should be either discarded or buried (as opposed to recharged or discarded)
  • Frostfire Seoni: It's possible for Frostfire Blast's cold trait to apply to base Seoni's powers.
  • Scholar Ezren: The unowned version of his token art is lower resolution than token icons

Dice

• Fiery Core: When rolling the die or viewing them idly on out-of-scenario screens, occasionally a red orb will float across the screen.

General

• Warchanter-likes: Evade spells with the attack trait do not properly trigger the "when you play a spell" power of Warchanter style monsters.  This affects the deck 6 spells Bewilder and Dominate.

Locations

• Garrison: Encountering a Warchanter-like at the Garrison when multiple people are present can sometimes result in damage being dealt incorrectly

Rewards

• Roles & Power Feats: If a character in the current party has maxed power feats, any new power feats awarded will be skipped.  This will also skip acquiring roles.
  • Potential Power feat Loss with Alt Switching: When power feats on an Alternate skin, then gaining a second back on the base version, sometimes a power feat that should be available on the character will be unchecked.  Powers will function fine in practice if this is part of a "tree" of power (Arcane Blast, for example).  You can, however, select one of the versions that you already acquired (or had by default) and the game will allow you to proceed, effectively making you lose out on that power feat reward.

Scenario

• The Road Through Xin-Shalast: It is possible to have Ghlorofaex empty a random other location when closing the Temple
  • The Road Through Xin-Shalast: It is possible to close the Town Square without banishing cards
  • The Road Through Xin-Shalast: It is possible to gain a second attempt to close locations that summon to close

Store

• Dice Purchases: Sometimes when purchasing dice, all categories except the Bundles will disappear.  When this occurs, exit and reenter the store to display the dice again.

Treasure

• Dice: It is possible to have the dice salvage art appear on dice that aren't salvaged.

UI

• Unable to interact with cards in the examine tray: Sometimes, you will be unable to interact with cards in the Examine tray.  The Examine tray is the tray that opens to show your character Deck, Discard, and Bury piles.  It can cause progression breaks if you're forced to perform an action and have no means of exiting that action.  We're still investigating the cause.
  • Character Selection: When dragging characters to form a party, some will not leave behind shaded icons
  • Character Sheet: Power category names do not update to new power names for Alternate characters that have power updates (Merisiel, Seoni, Amiri, Lini, Ezren)
  • Card Selection: Harsk and Forest Harsk partially overlap Lini if adjacent on the Card Selection (Deck building) screen.
  • Party Creation/Load screen: Character tokens displayed on parties do not reflect their alternate skins.
  • Like 5

Hi when in Scenario 4-2 I encountered the Henchman Longtooth and after completing the pre combat Dex/Acrobatics check using a Dex blessing, it Bugged and made me do the check again. Like it Bugged " make a Dex OR Acrobatics check" to "Dex AND Acrobatics check". The 1 damage dealt after successful only happened the 2nd success thankfully. Oh and The Tome of Knowledge malfunctioned for me. It was allowing to be revealed on another characters check like it was a blessing. I don't even think they were at the same location. The Tome was acquired during the mission and not normally In the deck not sure if it was a factor. P.s. I really enjoy your app. It's a great tribute to the Box game. And way less hassle to setup which is a bid deterrent to the box game.

When ever I attempt to launch the story mode it closes the app.

This is also happening with me. I thought it might be the party that it was affecting but it's now crashing at any attempt to examine the party. Crash logs available upon request.

BTW, thanks for rushing to get 1.1.6.1 out before the holiday.

J

As well as not being able to quest anymore do to not being able to upgade a card feat. That was garnted my character that already has max card feat.. I can't complete some daily quests (the trade cards to another character). Also Lini somehow aquired a "ripnugget and stickfoot" as an ally after gaining a level and the card doesn't appear in deck manager but I draw it in game and can only discard it.

Amiri's damage reduction skill messes up the next roll.

For example, if a barrier causes 1 damage to all characters, the animation skips past Amiri and then the next dice roll always rolls a 0.

You can workaround this by pretending to play a blessing or something on the next roll and cancelling to reset the dice check.

• Like 1

Hi guys, I'm having an issue with character level up after scenario or quest, once one of my characters have reached maximum card size from level ups, i get stuck at the post scenario/quest screen because i can't add anymore cards to their deck size and without being ables to do so it won't ket me move on, any ideas muchly appreciated.

I am also having an issue like this as well. After beating a game in quest mode I am getting stuck when it is asking to level up a character that is completely maxed out in the card list already.

Hello,

There might be a bug with the emerald codex and banish cards. I got the new divine spell that you bury to add 1d6 blessings back to the blessing deck, from the emerald codex. After i won the scenario, i got to add that card to my deck even though it should have been banished when i casted it

Things I have experienced:

1.  Progression break from too many card feats (now unable to Quest) (already reported)

2.  Have to restore purchases every time I open the game

3.  Lost Medusa Mask by trapping a Satyr then exploring, encountering the villain and defeating them/winning scenario

4.  Using the Emerald Codex to summon 3 spells, you can discard those spells as damage taken and the spells will not be banished but rather stay in your deck after the scenario is over (to be chosen or discarded as normal at that time).

These are all on iPad Pro 2 w/ latest version of game.

Double check which game center account and app store account you are logged in on.  (Settings -> Game Center, and Settings-> iTunes & App Store).

Needing to restore every time is guaranteed to happen if you buy content using one App Store/Game Center combo, and then later change the Game Center account. 

If you have a mismatch, when you push the restore button, iTunes will reprocess your purchases and temporarily restore content, but the "cloud" sees a different game center account or PFID and won't permanently add stuff to the account.  There's no family sharing or anything.  For the time being, you need to use all the same accounts.

Double check which game center account and app store account you are logged in on.  (Settings -> Game Center, and Settings-> iTunes & App Store).

I double checked and they are matched, however this is a new device so it's possible my old device had a different game center id.  I assume this requires a Support Ticket to resolve, thank you.

After successfully closing a location, I cannot discard the ebon thorn, freezing progress. No choice but to forfeit to escape the freeze up.

I also have not been able to find the holiday special cards I paid for.

Otherwise, fantastic game! Please keep up the development!

Found another bug that needs to be added to the list.  For the Guard Tower location, where using a weapon subtracts 1 from the die roll, Merisiel's Sneak Attack is being counted as a Weapon for the purposes of Guard Tower's base ability, subtracting 1 from her die rolls even if not using a weapon, when using Sneak Attack.

EDIT: It's not Guard Tower, doh.  It's Waterfront.  And I have to test it again to be sure, but I think it's happening with recharging/discarding non-weapons as well as weapons.

Edited by Gethseme

1. I have been locked out of Quest mode entirely since the patch, which is a bummer because I can't collect the Christmas bonus cards. My level 32 Amiri has gotten so many card feats that she has no open slots. There's no work around, and I can't play a quest.

2. In the Rimeskull scenario on legendary difficulty: I only have one stone head left to close. But my characters are not at adjacent locations. You must move to an open location after closing, but I can't because they aren't adjacent. So I just had to forfeit.

• Like 3

For the heads problem, i left the game and went to the menú (not using the Forfeit option) and, from there, i chose the Continue option. And i magically could move my hero to an open locación. Don't ask why nor how, but i could.

Sorry for my english. :p

• Like 1

Not sure if it's listed anywhere else but in Quest Mode, if I kept playing with the current players at the time of the patch, I kept getting boons. I can no longer play quest mode because I can't get past the rewards screen since I can no longer give my characters +1 power.

• Like 3

I'm not getting any daily challenge awards at all. I see that the gold should be transferred automatically, but I can't see any increase in my stash or any progress indication either between adventures.

Playing on Android 7.1.1

1. I have been locked out of Quest mode entirely since the patch, which is a bummer because I can't collect the Christmas bonus cards. My level 32 Amiri has gotten so many card feats that she has no open slots. There's no work around, and I can't play a quest.

Not sure if it's listed anywhere else but in Quest Mode, if I kept playing with the current players at the time of the patch, I kept getting boons. I can no longer play quest mode because I can't get past the rewards screen since I can no longer give my characters +1 power.

Same here. And, probably, everyone will have this problem, till next patch ;(

Today I finished 3-2,all of a sudden I have 5 chests to open which I do. I get cards and a bag o' dice. The cards show up in the vault, but the dice are not there.

I also experienced this. Five chests out of nowhere, which I noticed after playing through all of AD3. Opened them and all the cards were added to the vault but the three bags of dice are nowhere to be seen. Patch 1.1.6.1 on iOS.

I thought there was a pop-up about the 5 chests when I opened the app explaining they were being given to all players.  There was a second message but I don't recall it off the top of my head (I was too busy trying to get out of the message screen and go redeem my chests).

I got only one set of dice (pink) and it appears to be added correctly (at least when I go to dice, it has 3 instead of 2).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm stuck on 4-3 because a harpy card is permanently on my screen. I tried forfeiting and restarting the scenario but it is still there even prior to drawing any cards from the location deck. It also stayed on screen during the forfeit and the deck reset between scenarios.

The problem has followed me across devices and through a reinstall of the game. So I cannot continue in story mode because the harpy card on screen prevents me from resolving any cards from the location deck.

Today I finished 3-2,all of a sudden I have 5 chests to open which I do. I get cards and a bag o' dice. The cards show up in the vault, but the dice are not there.

I had to restart my app or something like that to get the dice to appear.