Villain duplication bug (6-2)

mrmarcus

Question

Doing 6-2, I finally got Ghlorofaex down against Seoni in the Temple. One dice-screw later, and he was somewhere else. Next turn, he popped up again and Seoni defeated him. The only place he could go was the Heptatric Locus so he ran there, and then the Temple refused to close because there was two copies of the boss there.

Here's a pic of the two in the Temple:

http://imgur.com/ZRL2vO7

6 answers to this question

I had a similar issue facing him in the Town Square with Merisiel. Defeated him with all other locations closed or temp. closed, yet he was undefeated. The town square didn't close, he wasn't in that deck anymore (used a magic spyglass to check), and the ghost of his card appeared and covered most of the screen. Had to forfeit.

Edited by runslikeawelshman

I have a similar issue. I forfeited after encountering a henchman in the Town Square, since I decided I didn't want to banish a card and it was best to just retry. Somehow the Ghlorofaex card stayed on the screen, and now every card I draw triggers a battle with him (which freezes and cannot be finished), even when I play other scenarios. So right now my main progression save is unusable, which is kinda sucky.

Chest count: 136

I have a similar issue. I forfeited after encountering a henchman in the Town Square, since I decided I didn't want to banish a card and it was best to just retry. Somehow the Ghlorofaex card stayed on the screen, and now every card I draw triggers a battle with him (which freezes and cannot be finished), even when I play other scenarios. So right now my main progression save is unusable, which is kinda sucky.

There was a workaround posted in this thread that may work for your situation:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/90070-harpy-monk-card-persists/

Try these steps.

1. Make sure the card is visible. You might need to start a new scenario and do the first exploration.

2. Forfeit. The card should still be visible while you're in the deck resetting phase

3. Drag the card into your hand. It should disappear.

4. Click "View All". This removes the filter so you can see this Monster type card now in your deck.

5. Drag to the bottom to discard it.

2. Hit Forfeit. The card should still be visible.

3. Drag the card into your hand. You will then be able to diacard it.

• Like 1

There was a workaround posted in this thread that may work for your situation:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/90070-harpy-monk-card-persists/

Try these steps.

1. Make sure the card is visible. You might need to start a new scenario and do the first exploration.

2. Forfeit. The card should still be visible while you're in the deck resetting phase

3. Drag the card into your hand. It should disappear.

4. Click "View All". This removes the filter so you can see this Monster type card now in your deck.

5. Drag to the bottom to discard it.

2. Hit Forfeit. The card should still be visible.

3. Drag the card into your hand. You will then be able to diacard it.

Thanks a lot! This has done the trick and I can play that save again. Consider yourself digitally hugged.

Chest count: 136