Pallegina 28 Might for Steadfast without Priest

So I got a puzzle. I planned to get Pallegina to wield steadfast. But I don't have a Priest in the party for champion boon for the last tier upgrade.

Based on my calculations the closest I can get is: 

12 (base) + 3 (Food) + 4  (Frenzy from Sanguine) + 3 (Rest) + 4 (Malefoic Skull) + 1 (Godansthunyr) = 27

Any ways of adding more might? I do have a wizard though so I might be able to steal champion boon from an enemy priest late game.

Party makeup is:

Wizard, Paladin, Druid, Cipher, Monk, Ranger

Edited by mosspit

Prostitutes? I think one of them grants a stacking +2 might. The soulbound two-handed sword (one that kills vessels) has Holy power castable 3/rest which provides (I think) 3 might and 7 resolve. Can cast the spell and then switch weapon sets.

Edited by Braven

If you already bound that sword to someone else, there is also a crossbow called "Good Friend" (findable in the endless paths) that also allows casting Holy Power to gain 3 might. Again, switch weapon sets after casting.

Edited by Braven

Prostitutes? I think one of them grants a stacking +2 might. The soulbound two-handed sword (one that kills vessels) has Holy power castable 3/rest which provides (I think) 3 might and 7 resolve. Can cast the spell and then switch weapon sets.

I think Pallegina can't get prostitute bonuses. And St Ydwen Redeemer is good if the bonus from Holy Power doesn't get overridden by Frenzy. I have some suspicion that it does override.

• Like 1

Abydon's Hammer gives +4 Might, though being two-handed you can't have it equipped at the same time as Steadfast so I'm not sure whether it'll unlock it.

This might work if steadfast doesn't require itself to equipped in the active weapon set when the might requirement is met. I am still some ways from getting the hammer so maybe I can try that. Thanks!

Edited by mosspit

It will ruin the playthrough in my perspective. But I don't expect others to understand it though.

Well if frenzy does override food then I will try stealing the spell from a priest, or I will forgo the weapon. Thanks!

You can also try to charm a priest (I think some xaurip priests have it).

Abydon's Hammer doesn't work. A priest is mandatory. A cipher could use Wild Leech, a wizard Martial Power and so on. But Pallegina doesn't have any self buffs for MIG nor do your other team members have sufficient buffs for her. And also Pallegina's MIG is quite low. They raised it a bit in a patch some time ago because before it was even impossible to upgrade Steadfast with Pallegina even if you had a priest.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hmmm, to add to that Pallegina is a godlike so Malefoic Skull is unusable by her too.

Guess spell steal might be the best way. Charming is slightly more unlikely as I will have to deal with RNG of the priest actually targeting the correct character on top of using the spell in the first place.

I didn't check thoroughly for chanter's abilities but my party currently doesn't have a chanter. So if I were to hire a chanter, I might as well hire a priest. And if I get "external help" this way, what about hiring them for some of the signature battles making use of their class specific abilities?

In any case, the reason is not so much of RP as it is personal ground rules. I know comparing to modes like solo, not making use of "external abilities" will make it seem I am nitpicking. But breaking ground rules will make me less motivated to carry on. No amount of justification will help.

If I can't use steadfast, I can use other alternatives like spelltongue.

I didn't check thoroughly for chanter's abilities but my party currently doesn't have a chanter. So if I were to hire a chanter, I might as well hire a priest. And if I get "external help" this way, what about hiring them for some of the signature battles making use of their class specific abilities?

In any case, the reason is not so much of RP as it is personal ground rules. I know comparing to modes like solo, not making use of "external abilities" will make it seem I am nitpicking. But breaking ground rules will make me less motivated to carry on. No amount of justification will help.

I fully understand. I could never come to terms with using the MP option in BGII to create six characters. I needed the in game NPCs to make my playthroughs more enjoyable. We all have our little idiosyncrasies we just can't avoid. Good luck!

• Like 1

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

Just an update to the thread. I successfully upgraded Steadfast on Pallegina without a Priest. Did it by getting Major Grimoire Imprint on Zolla (Ogre Matron on Endless Path 3). The toughest part is probably avoiding killing enemy Priests or Ogre Matron until I hit lvl15 for the the imprint spell. Had to avoid the killing to maximise the chances to spell steal as I am playing on ToI (PotD).

12 (Base) + 3 (Gridle of Maegfolc Might) + 3 (Rest Bonus) + 10 (Stolen Champion's Boon) = 28

post-156836-0-06522700-1483101156_thumb.jpg

post-156836-0-21614000-1483101174_thumb.jpg

Thanks for help :)

• Like 2

I wasn't sure myself. I tried the priests from the looter camp in Whitestone Hollow but they didn't carry the spell. I tried lagufaeth redfins but they don't give any spells. Guess they don't qualify as proper spellcasters. Thankfully I skipped Endless Path 3 to come back at lvl15 and the only Matron on that level gave me Champion's Boon.

It would be a shame if I couldn't upgrade steadfast to the last tier. The trigger for Sunlance on Pallegina was quite decent, giving about 60-70dmg per proc without a Priest's buff. And the immunities matches my playstyle in using her to engage bosses ahead of the group.