Losing dice, rolling for 0s

Armont

Question

Right after the 1.1.6 update, there has been a rather annoying if not, game breaking bug that occurs. I had several occasions in which during the dice roll, one of the dice would shoot off screen towards the bottom right (near the character profile) and be completely erased from the check. If it was a singular die being used on a roll and it went off to the bottom right during the roll, it would result in a roll of 0 (and no, there were no negative modifiers going). Even when I would be rolling multiple dice, one would occasionally roll off the screen and be erased from the check. A bug like this should be addressed asap. For reference, I was running this on my android phone.

17 answers to this question

I ran into this same problem last night. Harsk made a roll, I believe as part of a roll that every character had to make, and his die rolled toward his character portait, disappeared, and a big "0" appeared as the net result.

Android 6.0.1
Adventure 6.1 just after new patch (1.6.1)
Harsk, Ezren, Sajan, Lem, Valeros, and Kyra
Pass and Play, Permadeath off

Thanks for reporting this issue, very weird. We'll take a look into this.

​If you guys have any other information on this matter (which characters? Which cards were played? Which bane did you encounter? What location?) it would greatly help us nail down a repro!

I can't recall precisely, but it was either Avalanche or a Harpy's saving throw. Each character was brought up, rolled for the save, and then the next character was addressed. I was already low on blessings and was just quickly rolling each die, counting on failure, when Harsk's rolled 'off the table' and the "0" came up.

I re-ran through some other story missions and I could not find another instance in combat of dice disappearing. Although upon further testing, the harpy monk encounter is the only that I can pinpoint that has dice flying off the screen and not going into the die roll total.

Since 1.1.6 i keep occasionally rolling the dice only to have them vanish off-screen, never return and a total of 0 is reported. (Failing the check off course.) Is this happening for anyone else?

Unfortunately for the developers, I haven't been able to find any pattern to when this happens or doesn't. It may be mostly with single dice rolls rather that sets, but I'm not sure at this point.

Okay it happened again so I took notes.

Was playing The Ancient Library on hardest mode, with wildcards driving rain and night approaches.

Kyra encountered a Harpy in the Thessilonian Library.

When Harsk made his wisdom check from the Treacherous Cave the die vanished and reported a 0.

No other cards or abilities had been played for his check, just his base die.

The 0 teleported him to the Library properly.

Good luck bug hunting!

• Like 1

I had this today and I was swiping very fast, perhaps before the dice had been setup?

Maybe it's the same as the way you can sometimes use Seelah's "discard a card from your deck to gain +1d6" and swipe before the dice is ready, so it isn't counted.

Edited by Moppy
  • Like 1

I can now consistently reproduce this bug!

My Amiri has both damage reduction feats, so any damage she takes is reduced by 1.

When multiple characters take damage, lets say from warden of runes, and this damage is reduced to 0 by her feat, the next character rolling the check will have the die roll offscreen and will get a 0 as result, but take no damage from the failed roll!!!

Also, when Amiri is the only character taking damage from the warden I cannot play weapons for the following combat check and trying to do so will instead remove the base strength / melee die. However, going back to main menu and resuming (or restarting the app) fixes this problem.

It all works fine if Amiri takes more than 1 damage though.

I hope this way to consistently reproduce the bug helps you guys!

Edited by Nekratal
  • Like 1

Also, when Amiri is the only character taking damage from the warden I cannot play weapons for the following combat check and trying to do so will instead remove the base strength / melee die. However, going back to main menu and resuming (or restarting the app) fixes this problem

This seems to be more of a Warden-centred bug, where you can't play (at least) weapons until you do a VRT. Doesn't matter who encounters Warden (happened in 6-5) and I am pretty sure whether you succeed or fail the BYA check doesn't matter either - you just straight up need to do a VRT to be able to play weapons on that check. I have only witnessed this behaviour on Warden and I have seen it happening on both Amiri and Harsk (others in my party either haven't encountered them or don't use weapons).

I also encountered this bug on a harpy check. Now the game is frozen and anytime I tap to continue it is still frozen. I exited the app, even power cycled my phone. I am playing Black Tower and it was Kyra's wisdom check vs a harpy monk. I cannot even access the settings menu to forfiet the scenario. Game over?